The Challenge Factory discussion

If Only in My Dreams
This topic is about If Only in My Dreams
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi, ~Melissa~ & Krissy - If Only in My Dreams

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Nov 29, 2015 11:30AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5374 comments Mod
Ezi, ~Melissa~ & Krissy - If Only in My Dreams

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments Hi guys! Yay - a holiday book. When do you want to do this? At this point anytime this month is good for me.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments It's a short one so anytime is fine with me. I can knock it out in a couple of hours.

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16184 comments Mod
I would like to read this one this week :D

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments Sounds good - I can read this on Wed or Fri this week. Thursday is my son's 16th birthday - so I won't get much if any reading done :)

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "Sounds good - I can read this on Wed or Fri this week. Thursday is my son's 16th birthday - so I won't get much if any reading done :)"

My birthday is coming up, plus I am leaving for Nigeria on Friday

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments My youngest daughter's birthday is on Friday and my birthday is also this month. Lol

Ezi, how long will you be gone?

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Krissy wrote: "Ezi, how long will you be gone?"

Dec. 4-19.

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments Sounds like all of us have or have family members with birthdays this month :)

My children's birthdays are two weeks apart - w/my daughter's being in November

@Ezi - are you all ready for your trip?

message 10: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "Sounds like all of us have or have family members with birthdays this month :)

@Ezi - are you all ready for your t..."

Nope, I am not ready. I don't like travelling during the holidays. It doesn't feel safe. we normally go to NYC but this is out of the country

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Well in case I forget to say it before you leave, safe travels!! I've never been out of the states. Only my husband has.

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "Sounds like all of us have or have family members with birthdays this month :)

@Ezi - are you al..."

I don't blame you - the only time I traveled during Dec was to visit a friend in Colorado and we went after the holiday (well before marriage and kids too).

Safe travels! I'll be thinking about you guys this Friday :D

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

thank you. I am still here until then :D

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments Ok - I'm going to read this one today. I'll start on my lunch hour :)

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I started. I am a sucker for books with little kid.
It's obvious from the car ride that there is a history and i bet it will be one of those "small misunderstanding" type of drama that led to the antagonism.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments I'll start it tonight. I'm finishing up another book right now

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Dec 02, 2015 08:45AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Krissy wrote: "I'll start it tonight. I'm finishing up another book right now"

take your time.

I will finish it today hopefully

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments I made it to chapter 3 and I have to agree with Ezi - that is what it is feeling like with a little (view spoiler)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Starting now and I noticed it starts on my birthday :)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments 23% in. I'm too impatient for this shit. I want to know what happened in the past now! All at once! Not tiny little snippets at a time :/

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments Krissy wrote: "23% in. I'm too impatient for this shit. I want to know what happened in the past now! All at once! Not tiny little snippets at a time :/"

you are cracking me up but I feel exactly the same way, lol

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Stopping at 74%. I got distracted by my shows on tv and wasn't able to breeze through it like I wanted. I'll finish it up in the morning after I drop the kids off at school.

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments I made it to 40% last night right before bed. I'll read more later tonight before bed and see if I can finish it.

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I think I am only 32% in.
They got a flat tire and the stupid rental company didn't have any jack or equipment to replace the tire.
That's cray cray. It's cold out there and they are temporarily stranded.

forget getting home for Christmas, I am worried about cold

message 25: by Krissy (last edited Dec 03, 2015 07:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Finished! I really enjoyed it. Thought it was super cute with a nice bit of steam. Perfect holiday quickie :)

message 26: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I can totally see my dad saying something like Gavin's dad

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments I finished it. Poor Gavin with his Dad - four yrs ago and then again now. Wow. Nice to see them finally get that it's not about them and come around. This was sweet. It was a nice second chance holiday book. Thanks for the pick Ezi :)

message 28: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I finished.

I think Gavin used his dad as a shield to avoid making tough decisions.
I don't believe his father bares blame here. How long does Gavin need to figure out he isn't confused? Candance figured it out, so why couldn't he experiment and see?

He knew sex with Candance didn't feel quite right...

I just think Gavin choose the more traveled route of denial and fitting in with the right crowd. Fear of being ostracized kept him in the closet

~Melissa~ | 5014 comments I think that was part of it but I also think it was partially his Dad's reaction and his not wanting him to tell his Mom. Basically telling his child that this is something that we should 'hide'. At Middle school to High school - most kids still want to please there parents.
Now staying with Candace for all of HS - yeah that was what was easy for him.

Why he didn't experiment in college when he was miles away - IDK.