What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Travel Fiction, journey of a group of strangers across europe on a tour. Please help :)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Som (new)

Som Asrani | 5 comments I remember reading this book in 2010 but i am sure it was published before that. The book revolves around a group of people who are headed on a vacation/tour across europe. I cant remember correctly but I am guessing the tour operator was a female who has a fling with one of the people on the tour. I have been searching for this book but cannot find it. I am also entirely not sure if this book is similar to 'Without Reservations'. Does without reservations have a travel group? Please help. thank you :)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32045 comments Mod
Som, do you mean the non-fiction book Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman by Alice Steinbach? One Amazon reviewer says, "For Alice Steinbach,a year off means staying at top-of-the-market tourist hotels in the top European cities, drinking coffee in celebrity cafes, taking a group tour in Italy, enroling in a summer school in Oxford and hanging out with other affluent English-speakers and compatriots."

message 3: by Som (new)

Som Asrani | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Som, do you mean the non-fiction book Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman by Alice Steinbach? One Amazon reviewer says, "For Alice Steinbach,a yea..."

Kris, I dont quite remember reading 'without reservations' but yes i mean the non fiction book by Alice Steinbach, did it by any chance have a travel group? or am i confusing two books?

message 4: by Kris (new)

I haven't read Steinbach's "Without Reservations". One Amazon reviewer says, "Alice Steinbach seems to believe that she's taken her life into her hands by taking 6 months out to live on the edge; 4 star hotels in Paris, a flat in Chelsea and with an American tour group through Italy."

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Is your fictional book set in the present or some other time?

message 6: by Som (new)

Som Asrani | 5 comments @lobstergirl, the book is set in the present time but with what Kris is saying, I think the books is 'Without Reservations'. I am going to order it right now.
Thank you so much, you guys are doing an amazing job :)

message 7: by Kris (new)

Here's the full review mentioned in message #4, on Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-r... . I'm not sure if this is your book.

message 8: by Som (new)

Som Asrani | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Here's the full review mentioned in message #4, on Amazon.co.uk - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-r... . I'm not sure if this is your book."

Are there any similar books involving travel groups in Europe?

message 9: by Som (new)

Som Asrani | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Is your fictional book set in the present or some other time?"

@lobstergirl, the book is set in the present time but with what Kris is saying, I think the books is 'Without Reservations'.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
So do you want to call this Solved, Som? Have you had a chance to read "Without Reservations" to confirm?