The Challenge Factory discussion

A Clean Break (Gay Amish Romance #2)
This topic is about A Clean Break
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy & Ezi - A Clean Break

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5347 comments Mod
Krissy & Ezi - A Clean Break

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16144 comments Mod
Checking in!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments Just to update, I'll be starting this around Monday night/Tuesday morning.

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I just got back from Nigeria. So I'm thinking Tuesday so I can sleep all day tomorrow

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments Tuesday works :) Welcome back!

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Krissy wrote: "Tuesday works :) Welcome back!"

Thanks. I am glad to be back

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments 25%- not much has happened yet. They are still settling into Aaron's

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm starting now

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments 48% and still nothing really happening. This is exactly why established couples is not my favorite sub-genre unless it's a series that is in the mystery/thriller genre. The best part of a romance is those first moments from when they meet to when they fall in love. I love the back an forth and sexual tension and chemistry. But once they fall in love and have their moment I'm ready to move on. The only time it works for me is if there is a bunch of other shit in the story I can focus on and it's not just centered on the romance. Hence where the mystery/thriller storyline comes into play. When we are talking about a book with an established couple and the entire story centers around their relationship I will get a little bored with the story if things don't pick up.

Which is happening here. I understand where the author is going (view spoiler) but I'm almost to the half way mark and literally nothing has happened. It is taking me a while to get through this book and that isn't like me. Doesn't help that I've been on a RuPaul's Drag Race marathon but I'm just saying... I hope this book picks up and goes somewhere soon or I'm going to be very disappointed.

message 10: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aww. That's disappointing because the angst is what I'm hoping for

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments I'm thinking the second half will be a little more angsty. It's just taking a while to get there.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments Done. I cannot believe it ended like that!! Ugh. (view spoiler). Once the angst picked up so did the story. So the last 30% or so I couldn't stop reading. The book still got 4 stars out of me despite starting off really slow. Now I am anxious to read the next book . I hate leaving the boys like that!

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Back to reading this one. I'm on chapter 3

message 14: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Holy hell.
Not back to Zebulon. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

David really struggled in this one. Man!

you didn't warn me there were going back to that stifling community

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3109 comments I couldn't believe the book ended like that. Gah... I freaking hate cliffys

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Krissy wrote: "I couldn't believe the book ended like that. Gah... I freaking hate cliffys"

I am about to buy the next book. Cancer sucks :(