Reader's Paradise discussion

Archive > Nominations - January 2016

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jarvis (last edited Dec 11, 2015 10:16AM) (new)

Jarvis Our first BOTM!!
Member are requested to nominate one book and second others' nomination. If we get too many nominations, seconded books and first nominations will be given preference.
Nominate in following comments :)

message 2: by Vikas (new)

Vikas (vikaskhair) | 9 comments Gehna wrote: "Our first BOTM!!
Member are requested to nominate one book and second others' nomination. Polls will be set up in the last week of December!

Nominate in following comments :)"
Book Book Book Book Book - Magnum Chase

message 3: by Sohel (new)

Sohel Alam | 38 comments

Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff

message 4: by Jarvis (last edited Nov 30, 2015 05:09PM) (new)

Jarvis Vikas, can you please provide a link or name the author? :)

message 5: by Rahul (new)

Rahul Rajendran | 31 comments The tale of two cities - Charles Dickens

message 7: by Priya (new)

Priya (forgottentales) | 10 comments I think Rebel Queen would be a good read ^.^

message 8: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 71 comments Hi, I have so many favourites that it's difficult to nominate only one! :-)

But anyway, I nominate Paradise Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1) by Judith McNaught by Judith McNaught. It's a Contemporary Romance book that I am always willing to re-read :-)

Thanks! :-)

message 9: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkarsh12) | 521 comments i nominate 600 Hours of Edward

message 10: by Manasa (new)

Manasa (manasags298) I nominate The Pickwick Papers

message 11: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis Manasa wrote: "I nominate The Pickwick Papers"

That's huge :P

message 12: by Sohel (new)

Sohel Alam | 38 comments Hi Utkarsh ,

I have read the description of the book, I have a fobia to boring and books and I fear It may turn out to be one..
The description says that it has some comic relief too, have you already read the story ?

And to everyone.. We are recommending new books that are not read by anyone of us right ?.. Mostly from new releases ..

message 13: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkarsh12) | 521 comments No Sohel, i haven't read the book, and if you find it boring then don't read it, don't vote for it. every one has different definition of boring anyway.

message 14: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis Sohel, you can nominate any book. New release, classic, anything.

message 15: by Sohel (last edited Dec 01, 2015 10:57AM) (new)

Sohel Alam | 38 comments Dear Utkarsh ,

I just wanted to know if you have read the book. If you had read the book and suggested it then it would mean that it's a great book, that's why I asked .

If you would have known me, you wouldn't think that I'm not appreciating your suggestion or making fun of your choice.

See their are many 'woulds'... and we all can survive if we follow the virtues of Bagheera.

message 16: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkarsh12) | 521 comments it's okay, no harm done yet. and don't be so formal, it feels weird.
and like i said, i haven't read the book but i'm planning on reading it soon. that's why the nomination.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Utkarsh wrote: "it's okay, no harm done yet. and don't be so formal, it feels weird.
and like i said, i haven't read the book but i'm planning on reading it soon. that's why the nomination."

Yeah, I agree with you, too much formal, too much weird.

message 18: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis Please second other's nomination as well so that it is easy to select the books for polls :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I second Rebel Queen.

message 20: by Manasa (new)

Manasa (manasags298) Gehna wrote: "Manasa wrote: "I nominate The Pickwick Papers"

That's huge :P"

It's a classic. You should be dancing with joy :p :'D

message 21: by Manasa (new)

Manasa (manasags298) I second Rebel queen too! :))

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Nomination: The Reluctant Fundamentalist. It's short and nice book, according to reviews. also Man Booker nominee.

message 23: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis Manasa wrote: "Gehna wrote: "Manasa wrote: "I nominate The Pickwick Papers"

That's huge :P"

It's a classic. You should be dancing with joy :p :'D"

Yeah, but I don't have a paperback and I don't think it is in the library either :/

message 24: by Manasa (new)

Manasa (manasags298) You'll get an ebook :p
It's not even final anyways :p

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh! sorry, I didn't see there was A Tale of Two Cities, Can't I change my seconded book?

message 26: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis Arpit wrote: "Oh! sorry, I didn't see there was A Tale of Two Cities, Can't I change my seconded book?"

Of course! I too second A Tale of Two Cities! :)

message 27: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis Manasa wrote: "You'll get an ebook :p
It's not even final anyways :p"

Still, I would a paperback for a tome like that... even if you plan to BR it :D :P

message 28: by Gorab (new)

Gorab (itsgorab) | 3110 comments I vote for A Tale of Two Cities.

Kindle version is available for free :
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B004E...

message 29: by Priya (new)

Priya (forgottentales) | 10 comments I second A Tale of Two cities too! ^.^

message 30: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis I will put the polls tonight :D

message 31: by Jarvis (new)

Jarvis I am putting the first five nomination 'cuz they include both seconded and the first nominations. (We have too many nominations. Don't hate me for not being able to include the last few nominations:))

message 33: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 139 comments I'm gonna go with 'A tale of two cities'.