Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 165: November 30 - December 5 (Britney Spears Birthday)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments December 2 is Britney Spears birthday and I love her, always have, always will (judge away) so I thought it would be fun to use Britney as the inspiration for this week's theme.

Option 1 - Read a book where a character is named Britney or starts with the lettsf B.

Option 2 - Read a book where a character has an artistic side

Option 3 - Read a book where a character is a musician or music plays a large role in the book https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

Option 4 - Read a book where a character is famous
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

Option 5 - Read a book where a character is a dancer
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

Happy Reading everyone!

message 2: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 388 comments I will go with option 4 and read This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Michalina wrote: "I will go with option 4 and read This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith"

I loved this! I hope you like it

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Nov 29, 2015 10:35PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I love your theme! SO creative!

I'm going with Option 3
Bad for You (he has a guitar on the cover)

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I will go with option #1 and read Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7) by Abbi Glines . The female main character's name starts with a B...Blythe.

Just a little side note here. I had one student (a freshman) who LOVED Lady Gaga AND Britney Spears and ALL she ever wrote about with ANY free writing she had was one of the two of them, but mostly Lady Gaga. I had to finally tell her she couldn't write about them anymore because it was EVERY SINGLE PAPER!! LOL

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Trisha wrote: "I love your theme! SO creative!

I'm going with Option 3
Bad for You (he has a guitar on the cover)"

Thanks. I hope you enjoy your book that was my favorite of the series.

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Vicki wrote: "I will go with option #1 and read Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7) by Abbi Glines. The female main character's name starts with a B...Blythe.

Just a little side note here. I had one student (a freshman) who LOVE..."

HAHA

message 8: by Allison (last edited Nov 30, 2015 04:04AM) (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments I'm going with option 4 and will read Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot

message 9: by Vicki (last edited Dec 01, 2015 10:58PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm switching my book since I realized I haven't read book 6 of the Sea Breeze series yet.

I'll be going with option 3 and I'll read The Accidental Movie Star by Emily Evans