The Book Vipers discussion

2016 Reading Intentions > Jason's reading goals 2016

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Pop up books and get a literary tattoo.

message 2: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments The tattoo is part of the next challenge? Or a pop up tattoo?

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Pat wrote: "The tattoo is part of the next challenge? Or a pop up tattoo?"

Pop-up tattoo? Sounds like you are being rude. :0

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments I have an idea of the tattoo, it is based on my favourite poem.

http://allpoetry.com/poem/8509539-Blu...

Going to be expensive, so all depends on how much I can save this year.

message 6: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments My thoughts too. Jason. Lucky boy if you can have it tattooed there, painful but you are boasting!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

This sounds like a challenge I want to read about!! Impressive target you're setting yourself there.

I also want to get a tattoo next year which is loosely based around a book.

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments I have read a lot of books this year by indie authors self publishing their books, the best books I've read have been amongst them so I plan to read more like that.

I also plan to read more Harumi Murakami too.

I also set myself one epic novel to read a year, this years book is Infinite Jest.

message 9: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments I also plan to read the second book in Iain Banks culture series.

I hope I can fit all of these into Paul's next challenge.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Any Murakami novels in mind Jason?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I've not read that one, but it's on my list.

message 13: by Jason (last edited Sep 14, 2016 05:52AM) (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Yay finished Infinite Jest this morning, that's my big book of the year done.

message 14: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5459 comments Mod
Well done!

message 15: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Cheers Paul, celebrating with trawling through harry potter 3 next. :)

message 16: by Paul (new)

Are you converted?

message 17: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments nope. reading it as part of a massive reading challenge.

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraoh) | 11 comments Did you get a tattoo yet?

message 19: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Nope. :-( no money this year, my wife worked for BHS and that was a disaster, she got a job at superdrug with fewer hours, but that has been a horrible place to work. She has just got a job at Dunelm, starting on the 24th, so far it seems much better, more hours, more money, so looks like the Tattoo saving can start next year. yay!

Was also wanting to buy a bike this year, saved £0 for that. haha

message 20: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments Hope all improves Jason. I hate tattoos anyway.

message 21: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments Thanks Pat, hopefully she'll get settled down now, working in the fitted curtains department.

The tattoos go well with my beard Pat

message 22: by Paul (new)

Motorbike or pushbike?

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 458 comments Or a Vespa? those are cool

message 24: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments A pushbike. I'm after a Pashley Parabike, have been for ages. The bikes also have an amazing history, cos paratroopers in WW2 jumped out of planes with them.

http://www.pashley.co.uk/bikes/bicycl...

message 25: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments I hope it's not one of those hipster beards. Looks weird on the young, but the young can get away with anything so that's okay. Older peeps. Looks sad. Not that I'm suggesting you aren't young btw. Young in this context means teen or early 20s. I'm sure you are in spirit Jason but with children I hope you are a tad older.

message 26: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1875 comments I'm on middle ground age wise and beard wise I am at young Viking level.

message 27: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments fine. Must have a tattoo then...

message 28: by Paul (new)

Young viking = aged aunt with respect to beards

message 29: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1369 comments That's what Hipster looks like to me. There again I'm old