Instructional Designers discussion

Welcome! Let's Introduce Ourselves!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So I saw some other networking groups, and I thought it might be a good idea to have one for our profession.

My (IRL) name is Nancy, and I've been an instructional designer informally for about 15 years now. Four and a half years ago, I had a major life-changing event, and wound up going back to school to earn my Master's in Adult Education and Distance Learning. Then about 18 months ago, I was able to finally begin working full-time as a designer. Best decision I ever made!

So how about you? Did you land in ID by default or by intent?

I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with you, especially if you've found some great new ways to conduct alternative assessments in online corporate learning events!

message 2: by Christian (new)

Christian (axehandle) | 3 comments Mod
I'm currently midway through a M.Ed. in Instructional Design, while working as an instructional designer and ed tech consultant in higher-ed (and I love it). I'm also the current president of UMass Boston's .Graduate Instructional Design Association

After my own life-changing moment I decided to forget about IT and go back to school for a B.A. in History. I got hooked while designing e-learning for a research grant, and signed up for grad school last year.

I'm still new to much of the formal ID body of knowledge, though I'm an old hand at a lot of other things (I began creating and supporting online communities some 20 years ago). As such, I'm especially looking forward to seeing what people are sharing and recommending!

message 3: by Jolene (new)

Jolene Clark (redheadmomentum) | 1 comments Hi! I thought I saw a familiar face on here (Christian!) My name is Jolene Clark, I'm one week from completing my M.Ed. in Instructional Design at UMass Boston. I currently live in St. Paul, MN and matriculate almost completely online (with the exception of a summer program in Boston once).

I have worked in training and development roles for five years until transitioning into my current work in Corporate Communications (Internal Communications) for a large corporation. I hope to soon transition into a learning and development role (ideally instructional design).

I love to read and write and explore other intellectual realms as well.

I look forward to discussions and book recommendations!