Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker: 200 Recipes for Healthy and Hearty One-Pot Meals That Are Ready When You Are Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker discussion

Successful and less successful dishes?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maggie Hi. I have really liked most of the dishes I've made from this book. I just made the Fettucine w/ Bolognese yesterday. The flavor and texture were great (with a generous heap of grated parmesan on top, since I am definitely not a vegan). I also think the regular tomato sauce for pasta is the best tomato sauce I've ever had. I use balsamic vinegar instead of red wine if I don't have a bottle open.

I love the sweet and spicy lentil chili, but it's too sweet for me with the apple juice, so I started eliminating that ingredient and now it's perfect.

The ginger-pear butter is amazing on pancakes or waffles!

The only thing I haven't been crazy about is the Risotto recipe. The flavor was good, but the texture was too mushy / starchy for me.

Anyone else have comments or suggestions on particular recipes?

Jennifer If you are a fan of cilantro, turn to page 128 and prepare the Enchilada-Inspired Polenta Pie. This is one of my favorite recipes in the book.....so simple, yet so delicious!