The Passage (The Passage, #1) The Passage discussion

Waiting on the seiries finale

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anne Monteith I read Cronin’s passages in 2010, waited 2 years and pre-ordered the second book so it would be delivered the day it was released, now three years after finishing it and six years after I started the series I and waiting to read the last book. Supposedly the last book was to be released in October 2014, then it was October 2015 and now it’s May 2016. It’s the same with Kadin’s The Children of The White Lion Series. I understand about writer’s block and all the other delays that can move back release dates, but in at least one if these instances it is because the series has been sold, movies are to be made and the author is too busy working on that process to release the last book.

Do they not realize that it was their readers who made the books so widely popular that they were offered what will probably amount to be millions of dollars for the movie and/or TV rights? Will there be three movies or will they do what others have done for other trilogies and drag it out into at least four? Will viewers have to wait three to six years between each movie? I don’t think so; viewers are more fickle than readers, they don’t invest the time we do and since they can easily see something similar and not invest hours or days in reading a book they are not as loyal as reader.

Dale Pearl I could not get into this series. I felt the passage had great potential but that cronin was a grand master of dragging out content.
The whole escape in the passage when they crawl out the air duct.... was like what 50 pages that could have been done just as gracefully with 1.

If you think it is taking a long time to get the third book out for this take a look at how long Martin is taking with his last book on Game Of Thrones.