The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashlen (new)

Ashlen Buck The Hunger Games is one of my most favorite series of books and movies. This was my second time reading the Hunger Games book. I enjoy this book, because it gives the reader more details than the movie does, so the reader is able to create a stronger personal connection with the characters. When watching the movie, not every scene explains why the character may be doing something or something is happening, but if the viewer has read the book, then they will understand the meaning behind the action taking place. Katniss shows more emotion in the first book, especially while participating in the games. This story line is something that is not something that happens in our world today, so it is very intriguing. I love the different relationships that Katniss has with that characters, such as Peeta, Gayle, and Prim. Other characters that bring different personality, but liking towards is Haymitch and Effie. I love this book, because I can connect to the characters and can see hope for them by the end of the story.

Curly I know what you mean. The book is much better than the film due to the amount of detail in the book. What I really enjoyed mostly from the book is the constant cliff-hangers at the end of each chapter, leaving the reader wanting more.

Izzy I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially about being able to connect better with the characters. I felt a stronger connection with Rue and Thresh in the book than I did in the movie becuase they were explained more and their actions were more drawn out in the book. Also, I think the book is a little more dramatic on the deaths of the less important characters, like how when Thresh dies, Katniss is a lot more upset in the book than in the movie. She is also a lot more upset about having indirectly killed Cato in the book than the movie.

Curly Precisely! And in Cato's death scene, when he begged Katniss to kill him, was more effective in the book rather in the film.

I enjoyed the movies and I do believe they did the books justice, but still books are books :)

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Hawthorne If Katniss had to choose any one between Rue and Peeta,whom will she choose back in the arena?