Coffee & Books discussion

Old Challenges > 4th Annual 12 Days of Christmas Read-A-Thon

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2950 comments Mod
Happy Holidays everyone!

Last year, we had a great time doing a 12 day Holiday readathon as a great end of the year/school is over READING CELEBRATION!

So, of course we are doing it again!

The 12 Days of Christmas Readathon will take place from midnight Friday December 20th at midnight to December 31st 11:59 p.m.

The goal of this collective readathon is simple. We as a group want to get to Stage 12 in 12 days! Ususally each stage (one for each of the 12 days of Christmas) takes 10 books to complete, but since we had such a successful readathon last year, we are going to continue on the 240 books total, 20 books per stage!

Rules for the Readathon
1. Books that are 100 pages or more will count!

2. Any format will do! Book, E-Book, Audiobooks, Graphic Novels.....Any format!

3. As long as you have at least 100 pages left in the book you are reading when the clock starts midnight on the 19th, you can count the book you are currently reading for the readathon.

4. No logs for this readathon. When you finish a book, just let me know in a new comment. You can have multiple books in a comment, but don't go back and edit previous comments. This will help me keep a count.

5. There is no minimum number of books you have to read to participate. If you read 10 books, GREAT! If you read 1 book, GREAT! We are working together, so EVERY book counts!

6. Have fun! This is no stress! You can set goals if you want when you sign up for your personal records, but it's just a fun way to collectively read and enjoy the holiday!

7. And last, there is no "sign up" this year. Book log will be opened on December 19th!

Ask me any questions you may have!

message 2: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2950 comments Mod
I will open the states and the Book Log on December 19th, about mid day. Please don't start listing books here, save that for the log! :)

message 3: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (littlebunnylibrary) | 53 comments I am in for this, sounds great fun! Do I need to sign up anywhere or is everyone welcome to just add books to the log when it opens?

message 4: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (littlebunnylibrary) | 53 comments And Ive just realised you say above there's no sign up! Sorry about that!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in again

message 6: by Chrystal (new)

Chrystal I'll join :)

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen GoatKeeper (goodreadscomkaren_goatkeeper) | 100 comments Count me in too.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen GoatKeeper (goodreadscomkaren_goatkeeper) | 100 comments I just finished The Dragon in the Ghetto by E.L. Konigsburg. This makes two done.