Austenesque Lovers TBR Pile Reading Challenge 2016 discussion

Challenge Levels > Henry Crawford Level 76-100 Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophiarose) | 1167 comments Mod
Henry says, “But Shakespeare one gets acquainted with without knowing how. It is a part of an Englishman's constitution. His thoughts and beauties are so spread abroad that one touches them everywhere; one is intimate with him by instinct. No man of any brain can open at a good part of one of his plays without falling into the flow of his meaning immediately.”

Please post updates in separate comments. Books and book cover links may be utilized by clicking the 'add book/author' link above the comment box.

message 2: by Barb (new)

Barb (barblibrarian1) | 146 comments 76. Finally Mrs. Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Leenie Brown Finally Mrs. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Novella 4*

And, I have arrived at Mr. Crawford's library. But, such a lonely spot. I think others have been doing what I have been and just skipping right along to join the conversation in Mr. Bennet's library. However, I think Henry deserves at least one visit!

message 3: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 623 comments Barb wrote: "76. Finally Mrs. Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Leenie BrownFinally Mrs. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Novella 4*

And, I have arrived at Mr. Crawford's library. But, s..."

Barb, Welcome to Henry Crawford's library...we are so glad to see you. You are so kind to choose to grace Mr. Crawford's Library. He would be pleased. Since you have the pick of comfy chairs...shall we sit and read a while? I'll order tea.

message 4: by Sophia (new)

Barb wrote: "76. Finally Mrs. Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Novella by Leenie BrownFinally Mrs. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Novella 4*

And, I have arrived at Mr. Crawford's library. But, s..."

Ahhh, you're a peach, Barb! Yes, Henry deserves a visit. Thanks for leaving him some book love. Maybe it will straighten him out if he read some of our dear Austenesque romance. LOL

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb (barblibrarian1) | 146 comments Thank you Jeanne and Sophia for your comments. Yes, please, let's have a spot of tea. Speaking of which, I just made reservations to have tea at the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum and Mason when in London at the end of October. I am quite thrilled....

message 6: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 623 comments OH!!! How exciting. We are there with you in spirit!!! Enjoy my friend, enjoy!!!

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dmbrown) | 849 comments Barb wrote: "Thank you Jeanne and Sophia for your comments. Yes, please, let's have a spot of tea. Speaking of which, I just made reservations to have tea at the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum and Mason w..."

That does sound quite lovely. Making the rest of us jealous!!

message 8: by Deborah (last edited Dec 01, 2016 04:27PM) (new)

Deborah | 55 comments In November I hit the 77 book read marks...so here are books 76 and 77.

76. Will's First Christmas: A Pride and Prejudice Regency Variation by Barbara Silkstone

77. Love Letters from Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Novella by J Dawn King

I have already read more books this year than last.

message 9: by Sophia (new)

Hey hey! Great to see you reaching an all-time high and a new level in the challenge. Yay for reaching Henry's level. :)

message 10: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 623 comments Deborah, welcome to the Henry Crawford level. We celebrate your moving up into the illustrious company that inhabits this level. You are most welcome.