Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > February 2016 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Hi,

This is the nominations thread for Book of the Month for February 2016. Please be aware of the following rules:

1) Authors aren't allowed to nominate their own books and your post will be deleted (feel free to post in the authors' threads on our site) and you might be banned from the site!
2) 1 book suggestion/nomination per person
3) First come, first serve. So whoever gets their nomination for a book in first, gets dibs on that book
4) A book in a series is fine
5) Please be mindful that recent books might not be readily available (yet) and be mindful that your suggestion is available in multiple formats. Please do NOT suggest books that haven't been published yet. Please do NOT suggest books that are only available in Kindle or ebook format!
6) Please check that a book hasn't already been read by checking our unread section of the bookshelf (it's not a 100%, I'm working on it).
7) The nominators of the top 3 voted books agree to lead the discussion thread for the month on their nominated book.

Any questions, either PM me or post a message on the thread.
The nominations will run until the 17th of January and for voting to commence soon after.

Have a great festive season!!

message 2: by James (new)

James  Love (jim_love) | 8 comments Bloodline by Warren Murphy

message 3: by Farhana (new)

Farhana Sufi (f_sufi) | 102 comments I would like to nominate Pretty Girls Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter by Karin Slaughter.

message 4: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 378 comments I love Karin Slaughter!

I nominate Now You See Me by S.J. Bolton

message 5: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 646 comments Mod
Farhana wrote: "I would like to nominate Pretty Girls Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter by Karin Slaughter."

I found this book overly violent.

message 6: by Janet (last edited Dec 05, 2015 03:45AM) (new)

Janet Stokes | 485 comments James wrote: "Bloodline by Warren Murphy"

Bloodline A Novel by Warren Murphy good book.

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet Stokes | 485 comments Need some more nominations. I'll throw Agatha Christie's Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot, #15) by Agatha Christie into the mix.

message 8: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Janet wrote: "Need some more nominations. I'll throw Agatha Christie's Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot, #15) by Agatha Christie into the mix."

Janet wrote: "Bloodline A Novel by Warren Murphy good book."

Janet, you only get to nominate one book. Which do you want to nominate of these two?

message 9: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments The Way Through The Woods (Inspector Morse, #10) by Colin Dexter nominated by Jac via FB and blog

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet Stokes | 485 comments Chava, my nomination is Agatha Christie's Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot, #15) by Agatha Christie .

The other one is James's nomination and I was just commenting on it.

Thanks. :)

message 11: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 2216 comments I would like to nominate The Bookman’s Tale. Please and thank you.

message 12: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Janet wrote: "Chava, my nomination is Agatha Christie's Cards on the Table (Hercule Poirot, #15) by Agatha Christie.

The other one is James's nomination and I was just commenting on it.

Thanks. :)"

Sorry! I hadn't seen that. Thanks

message 13: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 0 comments I'd like to nominate There Will Be Killing A Novel of War and Murder by John L. Hart There Will Be Killing: A Novel of War and Murder by John L. Hart, a historical mystery set during the Vietnam War circa 1969.

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 260 comments I nominate Wouldn't It Be Deadly (Eliza Doolittle & Henry Higgins Mystery, #1) by D.E. Ireland Wouldn't It Be Deadly by D.E.Ireland
first in a series of two so far featuring the fictional characters of Henry Higgins and Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady

message 15: by Gail (new)

Gail Reeve | 5 comments Into the woods by Tana Ffrench

message 16: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 0 comments I'd like to nominate Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household. This is a book about a man trying to kill a dictator (re: Hitler). It was turned into the film Man Hunt (1941), starring Walter Pidgeon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033873/?...

message 17: by Janet (new)

Janet Stokes | 485 comments Gail wrote: "Into the woods by Tana Ffrench"

Love Tana French.

message 18: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) I nominateDetective Inspector Huss. These look interesting. This is the first book of 10, 8 of which have been translated into English.

message 19: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Anaka (meaz7) | 63 comments Ann Cleaves , Shetland Series-- Raven Black.

message 20: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) Mary Ellen wrote: "Ann Cleaves , Shetland Series-- Raven Black."

I love that series!

message 21: by Janet (new)

Janet Stokes | 485 comments Mary Ellen wrote: "Ann Cleaves , Shetland Series-- Raven Black."

That would be a new discovery for me. This is why I love these group reads.

message 22: by Teri (new)

Teri | 1 comments Raven black is that the first book in the series?

message 23: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (temagami) | 45 comments "After the Crash" - Michael Bussi

message 24: by James (new)

James  Love (jim_love) | 8 comments I nominate Bloodline A Novel by Warren Murphy Bloodline by Warren Murphy

message 25: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) Teri wrote: "Raven black is that the first book in the series?"
Yes

message 26: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 108 comments The Alienist by Caleb Carr

message 27: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments NOMINATIONS CLOSED!

I will put the link to voting here later today

message 28: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Gail wrote: "Into the woods by Tana Ffrench"

Sorry, this book was already read in May 2014

message 29: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Voting closes on the 28th of January midnight (AEST).
This is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 30: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Two books have been removed from nominations due to breach of the rules.

I want to make it clear that we have these rules for a good reason. Authors have a spot on our site to make members aware of their work. Breaches will be deleted and members receive a warning. If further breaches occur, members will be blocked from further participation on our group site.

Thank you for your understanding

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.