We Were Liars We Were Liars question

We Were Liars' ending *SPOILERS*
Adi Adi Nov 28, 2015 01:27PM
Idk if there are another discussions about this but I read this book awhile ago and I was sure, that at the end no one died, but I see people saying how sad it is they all died in the fire ect.
So I don't understand it, who died in the fire?
Tysm if you answer this (:

Right well the liars which there were 4 of and she was the only survivor.

They wanted to burn the house cause they were mad at their parents and they got stuck inside.

Not all of her cousins died, just the one she hung out with and Gat who wasn't a cousin.

This was a great book but I don't see how the ending was predictable. I was shocked to find out the truth behind it all. I never would have guessed that the rest of the liars died in the fire. But in the end it all makes sense.

All her cousins died in the fire. She had erased the end of the summer from her memory and no one was willing to talk about it. Its unsure wether she imagined them when she came back to the island or they were ghosts. That is why her grandfathers house was newly renovated, why her cousins stopped replying to her emails and messages and why they would never talk to her family in the most recent summer.

Cadence was the only survivor of the four Liars. She set the house on fire while the rest were still inside. Her mother tried to tell her this multiple times, but her memory denied it until she was back on the island. There's still a lot of debate over why she could see the others. Hallucinations? Ghosts? Vivid memories? Like Ryder said the house was rebuilt because she had burnt it down the summer before. You should read it again if you didn't get it! I loved the ending so much. A lot of people said it was predictable, but I was shocked.

Right well the liars which there were 4 of and she was the only survivor.

They wanted to burn the house cause they were mad at their parents and they got stuck inside.