The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > December Scatergories

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H

The general rules of Scattergories are you are given a list of categories and a time limit. Then the letter dice is rolled and you have to come up with something that matches your letter and the category.

This “Challenge” works in conjunction with the other challenges you may participate in this month. You may use a book to fulfill multiple items (you don't have to read 12 books this month...don't worry!) While you are fulfilling the requirements of your other challenges, be on the lookout for the following items (they may be on the cover or mentioned in the book):

The Challenge: I will post a list of 12 categories, 6 general relating to any book, and 6 specific to that month. On the last day of the month before, I will post the letter of the month. You can start reading on the 1st. The goal is to get as many points as possible by the end of the month.

Duration: December 1st~31st

Rules:
1.Any genre of books will work
2.Ebooks and audio count
3.You can read in any order
4.Rereads are ok but if you really reread the book

Points: You get one point for each category you can tie to a book, where the first letter begins with the letter of the month. You get double points for each time the letter of the month is used to begin a word (ex. for author if the letter was C, Cassandra Claire would be 2 points). We will not be deducting points for duplicate answers like the original game version does.

…..Note….. if you have already earned 1 point for an item and come across another item worth more points you can replace it. Please only list the one book that you are currently using for points.

Special categories are open for interpretation. As long as it is mentioned in the book and you can justify how it fits, it will work.

When you find one of the items list the Book Title and Author (or link the cover), date it, and specify where the item is found within the book. (i.e. page number, e-reader location, audio chapter)

Just like the regular game we will not use the letters Q, U, V, X, Y and Z.

Let me know if you have any questions.

General
1.Book Title
2.Author
3.Main Character
4.Secondary Character
5.Place
6.Cover

Many December holidays are themed around GIFT giving and HOT candle light. In the Northern Hemisphere December has the shortest amount of daylight, making it the DARKest month. At the end of the month most people celebrate New Years Eve with a DRINK/toast. December's birthstone is the BLUE turquoise or zircon. The rest of the world may not be celebrating it but I will also be celebrating my WEDDING Anniversary this month.

December Specials
7.Gift
8.Hot
9.Dark
10.Drink
11.Blue
12.Wedding

message 2: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H The letter of the Month is...

message 3: by Karen ♐ (last edited Dec 31, 2015 04:12PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 882 comments COMPLETED
December Scattegories
Letter D

General
1.Book Title - Dangerous Territory - 12/15
2.Author - Master of Pleasure by Delilah Marvelle - 12/22
3.Main Character - Decker - Into the Storm - 12/20
4.Secondary Character - Dell - I Can See You - 12/30
5.Place - Rock Chick Regret - 12/19 - Denver, CO
6.Cover - Claimed (Decadence After Dark #2) by M. Never - 12/6

7.Gift - Rock Chick Regret - 12/19 - Loc 922 - just go down to the giftshop.

8.Hot - Dangerous Territory - 12/15 - Loc 120 - she leaned forward and wishpered, hot into his ear

9.Dark - Dangerous Territory - 12/15 - Loc 107 - Dark blue jeans covering long legs

10.Drink - Dangerous Territory - 12/15 - Loc 38 - With the next drink would come the warm honey

11.Blue - Rock Chick Regret - 12/19 - Loc 202 - My cool blueeyes locked with her arctic tawny ones.

12.Wedding - Rock Chick Regret - 12/19 - 135 - Liam Nightingale's picture in the weddingcolumn.

message 4: by Cheryl (last edited Dec 30, 2015 03:10PM) (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 120 comments *****COMPLETED****

December Scattegories
Letter D

24 Points

General
1.Book Title - The Demon King 30 Dec (1 Pt)
2.Author - Dannika Dark - Charming 14 Dec (2 pts)
3.Main Character - Daniels, Kate - Magic Slays 12 Dec (1 Pt)
4.Secondary Character - Derek - Magic Slays 12 Dec (1 Pt)
5.Place - Djerholm - Six of Crows 10 Dec (1 Pt)
6.Cover - Desert, Dunes - An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir 26 Dec (2 Pts)

7.Gift - On any given day there’d be five or six elaborate gifts of jewelry or flowers, mirrors and vanity sets, vases and works of art, plus a dozen engraved invitations and letters on embossed stationery, mostly proclamations of undying love and devotion, and proposals that ranged from bland to indecent. (3 pts)
The Demon King (Kindle Locations 817-819). 30 Dec

8.Hot - Kaz thought of the little wind-up dog, of drinking hot chocolate on the bridge. (2 pts)
Six of Crows Kindle Location 4215 10 Dec

9.Dark - “To my left a window offered a view of the Pack land: an endless dark sky, still untouched by dawn, and below it dark woods rolling into the night. (3 pts)
Magic Slays (Kindle Locations 159-160). 12 Dec

10.Drink - “ Damn, Kate, I know you’re pissed but did you have to put motor oil into my drink?” (3 Pts)
Magic Slays (Kindle Locations 595-596). 12 Dec

11.Blue - The dress she gives me is a darker shade of blue, beaded with jet, and while it fits snugly around my newly acquired bustline, it flows down beneath that in loose folds. (3 pts)
Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Kindle Locations 3272-3273) 19 Dec

12.Wedding - “Do you do weddings?” (2 pts)
Magic Slays (Kindle Locations 2050-2051). 12 Dec

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews Charming (Seven #6.5) by Dannika Dark An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

message 5: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jan 01, 2016 12:44AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2515 comments December Scattegories ~ D

15 POINTS

General
1. Book Title- Dragonbane - Sherrilyn Kenyon 12/15 (1 POINT)
2. Author- Eve of Darkness - S.J. Day 12/22 (1 POINT)
3. Main Character- Dee-Ann Smith - Big Bad Beast - Shelly Laurenston 12/6 (1 POINT)
4. Secondary Character- David - The Enchantment Emporium - Tanya Huff 12/12 (1 POINT)
5. Place- Darkhana - The Grove - Jean Johnson 12/8 (1 POINT)
6. Cover- Dog - The Highlander Next Door - Janet Chapman 12/2 (1 POINT)
The Highlander Next Door (Spellbound Falls, #6) by Janet Chapman

December Specials
7. Gift- The Highlander Next Door - Janet Chapman 12/2
(can we share your campfire if we come bearing gifts? she asked holding out the towel-wrapped dish), p90 (1 POINT)

8. Hot- Fade to Black - Morgan Kearns 12/7
(a trail of hot moist kisses moved their way from her lips and her neck and down to her collarbone), p25 (1 POINT)

9. Dark- The Highlander Next Door - Janet Chapman 12/2
(preferred dying instantly to drowning in a cold dark river), p132 (2 POINTS)

10. Drink- Protecting What's His - Tessa Bailey 12/13
(picking up his drink and disappearing back into the crowd), p35 (1 POINT)

11. Blue- Circle of Fire - Keri Arthur 12/3
(in the blue depths of his eyes she saw a hint of desperation and pain that went far Deeper), p22 (3 POINTS)

12. Wedding-The Grove - Jean Johnson 12/8
(and myself would be hard-pressed to carry out a Darkhanan wedding ceremony if Teral hadn't conducted several), p39 (1 POINT)

Dragonbane (Dark-Hunter #25; Lords of Avalon, #4; Were-Hunter, #9, Hellchaser, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Eve of Darkness (Marked, #1) by S.J. Day Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6) by Shelly Laurenston The Enchantment Emporium (Gale Women, #1) by Tanya Huff The Grove (Guardians of Destiny, #2) by Jean Johnson Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) by Tessa Bailey Fade to Black (Deadlines & Diamonds, #1) by Morgan Kearns Circle of Fire (Damask Circle, #1) by Keri Arthur

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 6: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Karen, Cheryl & Barbara!

message 7: by Joann (last edited Dec 29, 2015 11:19AM) (new)

Joann | 1243 comments December Scattegories
Letter D

Progress: 13 points

General
1.Book Title Diners, Dives & Dead Ends - 3pts
2.Author
3.Main Character - Dora - The House of Tides
4.Secondary Character - Danny - Winter Garden
5.Place - Dorset - The House of Tides
6.Cover - Dog The All You Can Dream Buffet by Barbara O'Neal

7.Gift - p.240 “I used to dream of opening a Belye Nochi GIFT store….” Winter Garden
8.Hot - p. 174 “...carried the HOT casserole Dish to the table.” Winter Garden
9.Dark - p.58 “ ...he is a DARK, angry knight who wants to Destroy it.”Winter Garden
10.Drink - p. 112 “ ...thank him for the drink, and leave the pub, putting as much Distance between them…” The House of Tides
11.Blue - “She stared Down at her BLUE-veined hands.”Winter Garden
12.Wedding p.39 “...at her WEDDING, weeping openly as he walked her Down the aisle.” Winter Garden

message 8: by MorpheusZzz (last edited Dec 23, 2015 03:33AM) (new)

MorpheusZzz | 47 comments TLC, December Scattegories ~ D

COMPLETED - 32 POINTS

Books used:
The First Love Cookie Club Lori Wilde, 12-12-15 (3*) review
Dream a Little Dream Susan Elizabeth Phillips, 12-5-15 (5*) review
Hard Sosie Frost, 12-9-15 (3*), review
Glory in Death #2 In Death series, J.D. Robb (4*) 12-17-15 review
The Christmas Secret #5 Christmas Hope series, Donna VanLiere (3*) 12-19-15 review
A New Hope Robyn Carr, 12-23-15 (4*) review

General
1. Book Title- Dream a Little Dream Susan Elizabeth Phillips, 12-5-15 (5*) review (2 pts.)
2. Author- Donna VanLiere, The Christmas Secret (1 pt.)
3. Main Character- The First Love Cookie Club pg 60, A drop-dead beauty in designer clothes.... (3 pts.)
4. Secondary Character- The First Love Cookie Club pg 5, Dotty Mae Densmore, who was her grandmother's age and lived down the road, popped in... (3 pts.)
5. Place- The First Love Cookie Club pg. 51, The first weekend in December the Twilight Chamber of Commerce threw a Dickens on the Square tourism event. (2 pts.)
6. Cover- A New Hope (Thunder Point, #8) by Robyn Carr A New Hope Robyn Carr, dog, denim, daytime, dude (4 pts.)

December Specials
7. Gift- Hard Loc 466, Champagne wasn't appropriate, but neither was the extended family dropping wedding gifts by the casket like Dad was some sort of Egyptian Homeware Pharaoh taking toasters and espresso machines to the afterlife. (2 pts.)
8. Hot- Hard Loc 319, ...so wet and hot I considered grabbing my dive gear and sinking in as deep as I possibly could. Volcanic. (Ahem. Okay then.) (2 pts.)
9. Dark- Glory in Deathpg 23, He was fully dressed in one of his dark suits that made him look both capable and dangerous. (3 pts.)
10. Drink- The First Love Cookie Club pg 84, Irritation that she couldn't explain, didn't even want to admit, had her draining the last of her drink and setting the empty glass down on the bar. (4 pts.)
11. Blue- Glory in Deathpg 23, The stunning blue diamonds mined in the caves of Refini. (1 pt.)
12. Wedding- The First Love Cookie Club, pg 85 "Why would they tell me something like that? It's not like it matters one way or the other," Sarah said, still determined to pretend she remembered nothing about interrupting Travis' wedding. When in doubt, deny, deny, deny. (5 pts.)

message 9: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Joann & Dawn!

message 10: by Jonquil (last edited Dec 26, 2015 08:28PM) (new)

Jonquil D

12/12

General
1.Book Title Dragon Justice 12/26
2.Author Dunn, Mark Ella Minnow Pea 12/23
3.Main Character Detective Daggers Red Hot Steele 12/1
4.Secondary Character Darren Greening No One to Trust 12/10
5.Place Dolbin School for the Extraordinary 12/10
6.Cover door, 12/2
Christmas Delivery (A Holiday Mystery at Jenkins Cove) (Harlequin Intrigue #1101) by Patricia Rosemoor

7.Gift "His fingers had a gift. A gift for deception." pg 231 Red Hot Steele 12/1
8.Hot "business dried up faster than a water droplet on a hot wok." pg 92 Red Hot Steele 12/1
9.Dark "dungeon's cold granite walls and dark, dank passageways. pg 133 Red Hot Steele 12/1
10.Drink "Drinking is a direct response to headaches you create, Daggers" pg 226 Red Hot Steele 12/1
11.Blue "Her azure blues delved into my gray matter" pg 241 Red Hot Steele 12/1
12.Wedding "his wedding day" pg 122 Red Hot Steele 12/1

message 11: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Jonquil!

message 12: by Danielle Book Boss (last edited Dec 24, 2015 08:08PM) (new)

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 419 comments I haven't played in only God knows how long.

I'm going to take a stab and try my luck. :)

TLC, December Scattegories ~ D

0 POINTS

General
1. Book Title-
2. Author -
3. Main Character- Dina Demille Clean Sweep 4 stars 12/24
4. Secondary Character - Theirry Durand If Angels Burn 12/16 2.5 stars
5. Place - Downside Unholy Ghosts 3.5 stars 12/2
6. Cover - Deltoid Burning Dawn 5 stars 12/4

Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane If Angels Burn (Darkyn #1) by Lynn Viehl Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3) by Gena Showalter Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews

December Specials
7. Gift- Clean Sweep "Unfortunately, dawn gave me the gift of a splitting headache..." p.33
8. Hot- Unholy Ghosts "...now you want me to have a nice hot shower and some food?" p.78
9. Dark- Burning Dawn "His scowl was dark, frightening..." p.12
10. Drink- If Angels Burn "...but she wouldn't allow herself to drink it." p.50
11. Blue-
12. Wedding-

message 13: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Glad to have you back, Danielle! Good Luck!

message 14: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Dec 15, 2015 02:02AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 699 comments TLC ~ December Scattegories
Books Read: 3
Letter: D

General
1.Book Title: Damaged
2.Author: Donna Fletcher
3.Main Character: Dawn Highlander Unchained
4.Secondary Character: Dorris Highlander Unchained
5.Place:
6.Cover: Dagger Highlander Unchained

December Specials
7.Gift: Highlander Unchained ~ "I have a gift for you,"Sloan said and was about to shove at him Dorrie when she stepped forwards. Loc 1732 (1 point)
8.Hot: Highlander Unchained ~ Dawn panicked, her skin turning hot and her stomach churning Loc 487 (1 points)
9.Dark : Highlander Unchained ~ Flanna was quick to push up Her turned then his dark eyes on Daawn. Loc 910 (1 point)
10.Drink: Highlander Unchained ~ Dawn shook her head and urged her to drink more cider. Loc 2615 (1 point)
11.Blue: Highlander Unchained ~ Dawn saw sincerity in the woman's soft blue eyes but there was also sadness there. Loc 3792 (1 point)
12.Wedding: Stepbrother Billionaire I put my headphones in, trying to drown out Deb and Dad's pre wedding chatter with some Kings of Leon. Loc 892 (2 points)

Damaged (Damaged, #1) by H.M. Ward Highlander Unchained (Highlander Trilogy #1) by Donna Fletcher Stepbrother Billionaire by Colleen Masters

message 15: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Jade!

message 16: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 699 comments Thanks :)

message 17: by Jonquil (last edited Dec 02, 2015 12:27PM) (new)

Jonquil Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "Welcome Jonquil!"

Happy Anniversary!!

message 18: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Thanks :)

message 19: by Missyb (last edited Dec 20, 2015 12:24PM) (new)

Missyb | 127 comments 1. Blood Kiss, The Black Dagger Legacy
2.Jessie Donovan (seducing the dragon)
3.Dhestroyer (Blood Kiss)
4.Dimitri (Jax)
5.Downtown Caldwell (Blood Kiss)
6. dragon (seducing the dragon)
7. As she gasped, he stepped in and took the antique diamond riviere from it's satin bed (p. 355 blood kiss)
8.Craeg was to damned hot for her to waste time (p. 221 blood kiss)
9.In the darkness that was as dense as that of a grave (p.58 blood kiss)
10.Drinks that had been served by doggen (p.14 blood kiss)
11.and only one dark blue (p.46 blood kiss)
12. his attention was quickly drawn to his mate (p. 285 Jax)
Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward Jax (Immortals of New Orleans, #7) by Kym Grosso Seducing the Dragon (Stonefire Dragons, #2) by Jessie Donovan

message 20: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Missyb!

message 21: by MorpheusZzz (new)

MorpheusZzz | 47 comments Hey, Jennifer--
When you get a chance, would you look at my message 8 and tell me if I'm on the right track and also look at the questions I have marked in bold. This is my first time playing this. Thank you!

message 22: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Dawn wrote: "Hey, Jennifer--
When you get a chance, would you look at my message 8 and tell me if I'm on the right track and also look at the questions I have marked in bold. This is my first time playing this...."

Looks like you know what you are doing :) All your sentences work fine. Wtg finding so many extra points!

message 23: by MorpheusZzz (new)

MorpheusZzz | 47 comments Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔ wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Hey, Jennifer--
When you get a chance, would you look at my message 8 and tell me if I'm on the right track and also look at the questions I have marked in bold. This is my first time ..."

Okay, thanks for your quick response. I was waiting to compare to others' answers but thought I better ask before I get too far into it. I'll just keep trying and if you see I'm doing something wrong, I'll wait for you to correct me. Thanks a lot.

message 24: by Suzanne (last edited Dec 21, 2015 05:46AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1514 comments The Lost Challenges
December Scatergories
Duration:
12/1/2015 - 12/31/2015

Progress: 12 out of 12

Letter D

General
1.Book Title:

Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay - ***** - 12/18/2015 - 307 Pages
2. Author:
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness - **** - 12/1/2015 - 561 Pages
3.Main Character: Diana Bishop:
4. Secondary Character: Daniel Altan Wing:
Champion by Marie Lu - *** - 12/14/2015
5. Place: Denver:
Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare - ***** - 12/10/2015
6. Cover: Dress:

Many December holidays are themed around GIFT giving and HOT candle light. In the Northern Hemisphere December has the shortest amount of daylight, making it the DARKest month. At the end of the month most people celebrate New Years Eve with a DRINK/toast. December's birthstone is the BLUE turquoise or zircon. The rest of the world may not be celebrating it but I will also be celebrating my WEDDING Anniversary this month.

December Specials
7.Gift:

"Ysabeau had gained entrance to the library after enticing the head of development with a gift to rival the annual budget of Liechtenstein." Page 371

8.Hot:
“It’s too hot,” Diana protested, though she still put her hand in his. Page 118

9.Dark:
“But Em always said higher magics were too dark for witches to handle safely,” Diana said, her voice rising again. Page 11

10. Drink:
“Driven to drink by um pequeno dragão.” Page 28

11. Blue:
"Vampires weren’t supposed to be altered by the passing of time, and therefore Emily expected to see the same black hair, so dark it glinted blue." Page 3

12. Wedding:
“This sleeve came from your wedding dress.” Page 45

The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Harkness Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2) by Tessa Dare Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Dexter in the Dark (Dexter, #3) by Jeff Lindsay

message 25: by Penni (new)

Penni | 1284 comments Mod
The Lost Challenges
December Scatergories
Duration:
12/1/2015 - 12/31/2015

Progress: 0 out of 12

Letter D

General
1.Book Title - Dirty Thirty
2.Author - D B ReynoldsRajmund
3.Main Character - What Once Was Perfect (Delaney)
4.Secondary Character
5.Place
6.Cover - Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8) by Jim Butcher (Duster)

December Specials
7.Gift
8.Hot
9.Dark
10.Drink
11.Blue
12.Wedding

message 26: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Welcome Suzanne & Penni!

message 27: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 127 comments Wooo hoooooo, finally I finished. The first time in months.

message 28: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Congratulations Missyb!

message 29: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1514 comments Done!

The Lost Challenges
December Scatergories
Duration:
12/1/2015 - 12/31/2015

Progress: 12 out of 12

Letter D

General
1.Book Title:

Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay - ***** - 12/18/2015 - 307 Pages
2. Author:
3.Main Character: Diana Bishop:
4. Secondary Character: Daniel Altan Wing:
Champion by Marie Lu - *** - 12/14/2015
5. Place: Denver:
6. Cover: Dress:

December Specials
7.Gift:

"Ysabeau had gained entrance to the library after enticing the head of development with a gift to rival the annual budget of Liechtenstein." Page 371

8.Hot:
“It’s too hot,” Diana protested, though she still put her hand in his. Page 118

9.Dark:
“But Em always said higher magics were too dark for witches to handle safely,” Diana said, her voice rising again. Page 11

10. Drink:
“Driven to drink by um pequeno dragão.” Page 28

11. Blue:
"Vampires weren’t supposed to be altered by the passing of time, and therefore Emily expected to see the same black hair, so dark it glinted blue." Page 3

12. Wedding:
“This sleeve came from your wedding dress.” Page 45

The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Harkness Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2) by Tessa Dare Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Dexter in the Dark (Dexter, #3) by Jeff Lindsay

message 30: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Way to go, Suzanne!

message 31: by MorpheusZzz (new)

MorpheusZzz | 47 comments Original post #8

TLC, December Scattegories ~ D

COMPLETED - 32 POINTS

Books used:
The First Love Cookie Club Lori Wilde, 12-12-15 (3*) review
Dream a Little Dream Susan Elizabeth Phillips, 12-5-15 (5*) review
Hard Sosie Frost, 12-9-15 (3*), review
Glory in Death #2 In Death series, J.D. Robb (4*) 12-17-15 review
The Christmas Secret #5 Christmas Hope series, Donna VanLiere (3*) 12-19-15 review
A New Hope Robyn Carr, 12-23-15 (4*) review

General
1. Book Title- Dream a Little Dream Susan Elizabeth Phillips, 12-5-15 (5*) review (2 pts.)
2. Author- Donna VanLiere, The Christmas Secret (1 pt.)
3. Main Character- The First Love Cookie Club pg 60, A drop-dead beauty in designer clothes.... (3 pts.)
4. Secondary Character- The First Love Cookie Club pg 5, Dotty Mae Densmore, who was her grandmother's age and lived down the road, popped in... (3 pts.)
5. Place- The First Love Cookie Club pg. 51, The first weekend in December the Twilight Chamber of Commerce threw a Dickens on the Square tourism event. (2 pts.)
6. Cover- A New Hope (Thunder Point, #8) by Robyn Carr A New Hope Robyn Carr, dog, denim, daytime, dude (4 pts.)

December Specials
7. Gift- Hard Loc 466, Champagne wasn't appropriate, but neither was the extended family dropping wedding gifts by the casket like Dad was some sort of Egyptian Homeware Pharaoh taking toasters and espresso machines to the afterlife. (2 pts.)
8. Hot- Hard Loc 319, ...so wet and hot I considered grabbing my dive gear and sinking in as deep as I possibly could. Volcanic. (Ahem. Okay then.) (2 pts.)
9. Dark- Glory in Deathpg 23, He was fully dressed in one of his dark suits that made him look both capable and dangerous. (3 pts.)
10. Drink- The First Love Cookie Club pg 84, Irritation that she couldn't explain, didn't even want to admit, had her draining the last of her drink and setting the empty glass down on the bar. (4 pts.)
11. Blue- Glory in Deathpg 23, The stunning blue diamonds mined in the caves of Refini. (1 pt.)
12. Wedding- The First Love Cookie Club, pg 85 "Why would they tell me something like that? It's not like it matters one way or the other," Sarah said, still determined to pretend she remembered nothing about interrupting Travis' wedding. When in doubt, deny, deny, deny. (5 pts.)

message 32: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Awesome Dawn!

message 33: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 120 comments Thanks for the fun challenge!
I have finished with 24 points. See Message 4.

message 34: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Great Job, Cheryl!

message 35: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 882 comments Completed! Just under the wire (See message 3)...Thanks for a great Challenge!

message 36: by Jennifer H (new)

Jennifer H Way to go, Karen!