Addicted to YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Debates > Divergent or The Hunger Games?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by arai (new)

arai rivers (platanopie) | 1 comments hunger games for sure!

message 2: by Lina (new)

Lina | 194 comments Hunger Games

message 3: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1847 comments Hunger games :)

message 4: by Camille ☼ (last edited Nov 28, 2015 11:29AM) (new)

Camille ☼ Hunger Games for me too :)

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 48 comments Divergent!! Totally awesome

message 6: by Julia (new)

Julia Boersma (juliaboersma) THG

message 7: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 130 comments I liked Divergent a lot more.

message 8: by Janna (new)

Janna (mzhyde) | 469 comments The Hunger Games :)

message 9: by Pam10 (new)

Pam10 | 225 comments Hunger Games, definitely

message 10: by felicia (new)

felicia (ffeelicias) Omg The Hunger Games

message 11: by BethLee (new)

BethLee | 95 comments divergent is way better!!!!

message 12: by Sandi (new)

Sandi | 8 comments Hunger Games, by far.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer_as) | 24 comments I enjoyed the first divergent book, but the 2nd and third not so much. I also enjoyed the first movie, but not the second one. With the Hunger Games, all 3 books and all 4 movies for outstanding! HUNGER GAMES ALL THE WAY!!

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer_as) | 24 comments I enjoyed the first divergent book, but the 2nd and third not so much. I also enjoyed the first movie, but not the second one. With the Hunger Games, all 3 books and all 4 movies for outstanding! HUNGER GAMES ALL THE WAY!!

message 15: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Morris | 32 comments I'm curious about this too. I liked the first and third Hunger Games books better than the second one. I haven't read Divergent yet. How exactly does it compare?

message 16: by J (new)

J (writergy) Hunger Games forever! I like how complex its world is and how the story focuses on many different problems and characters from the very first book. Also enjoyed Divergent, but only the first book. The rest was disappointing.

message 17: by Emmy (new)

Emmy (bookqueen30) | 16 comments The hunger games but i loved divergent too! I felt the first divergent book was brilliant then its kinda went abit south!

message 18: by cmtan (new)

cmtan cmtan | 31 comments The Hunger Games! I read Divergent, and liked that also, but The Hunger Games captured me into its fandom and I just couldn't resist. Divergent just didn't have that tone about it, even though it was great too :)

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole N. (A Myriad of Books) (amyriadofbooks) | 39 comments The Hunger Games, no question.

message 20: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments I will have to say The Hunger Games. I loved Divergent, but The Hunger Games were written a little bit better.

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy I will have to say The Hunger Games. I loved the first Divergent book but started to lose interest somewhere in between the second and third book, when with The Hunger Games I loved all the books and could not put them down.

message 22: by Aoi (new)

Aoi Evans (aoievans) | 14 comments I don't really like both of the series but I like Hunger Games better than Divergent.

message 23: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofiala) The hunger games all the way, love divergent as well tho

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Divergent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by J (new)

J The Hunger Games. Divergent was almost boring in comparison.

message 26: by Christen (new)

Christen | 7 comments hunger games

message 27: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Ong (rayreadsph) | 30 comments Hunger games! Though I don't like the last book. Haha!

message 28: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela I loved both series, but Hunger Games definitely

message 29: by Yessenia (new)

Yessenia (queenofcards) | 11 comments Divergent up until the last book. Hunger Games was good too.

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Maddie A. | 16 comments The Hunger Games!

message 31: by L.S. (new)

L.S. May | 21 comments Divergent bored me - I struggled through the first book and can't bring myself to try the next. Hunger Games all the way.

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 32 comments The Hunger Games, no doubt about it

message 33: by Elsa (new)

Elsa | 98 comments Definitely Divergent. If you read the books, which i have of both series, the Divergent series is better written (not that Hunger Games is not good as well), and the Divergent story is better.

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nics2) | 106 comments I couldn't get into hunger games.. So I guess its Divergent! I had such a good time with this series

message 35: by d (new)

d | 94 comments Divergent! I had more fun reading it than Hunger Games. But I do think The Hunger Games was a better movie than Divergent.

message 36: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreasbookishthoughts) | 67 comments Hunger Games

message 37: by Zahra (new)

Zahra (xeexa) | 2 comments Hunger Games

message 38: by Billy Dominguez (new)

Billy Dominguez | 9 comments Divergent

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments Hunger games ... Absolutely

message 40: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Clark | 81 comments I have to give this one to the Hunger Games...
Divergent was the book that made me start reading dystopias BUT the hunger games is written better and the story was more compelling throughout the series. For Divergent, only the 1st one was really spectacular.

message 41: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 12 comments Divergent was for more interesting to me. The Hunger Games was just boring and I felt like I was being forced to read it. As I can see, many people do not agree with me and that's fine.

message 42: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn Rose | 27 comments This would be a very very tough decision. It would be like choosing a favorite child. I like all of the books, and I really love dystopian fiction. But I think I may have preferred Divergent by just a little bit. I am not sure why but the book was just something that I have a big obsession with! I have every Divergent book (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, Initiates Guide, Movie Guide, Four Series [Autographed], etc.). I know Divergent like the back of my hand and know the books and characters better than living beings. So I slightly prefer Divergent but I did thoroughly enjoyed both books and series.

message 43: by ♕ Bookrose (new)

♕ Bookrose (bookrose2001) This is tough but I'll choose hunger games!

message 44: by Jingle ❀彡 (new)

Jingle ❀彡 (jingledarling) Hunger games!!!♡

message 45: by B.S (new)

B.S | 15 comments Hunger games!!!!!!!

message 46: by Linlin (new)

Linlin | 5 comments Hunger games
Hands down

message 47: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 1 comments Hunger Games, J Law All day.

message 48: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (tessalivesandbreathesbooks) The Hunger Games, duh.

message 49: by Oshin (new)

Oshin Alagiyawanna | 57 comments DIVERGENT!!!

message 50: by Rowan (new)

Rowan Simetra (aliceinwonderland13) | 5 comments I think that they both failed my expectations in the endings but the first book of Divergent was better than book one of the Hunger Games.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.