The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Personal Challenges - 2016 > Margriet's Reading Challenge 2016

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margriet (new)

Margriet Assen | 51 comments This is my reading challenge for 2016. It is going to be my 3rd year on this website! See you all!

message 2: by Margriet (new)

Margriet Assen | 51 comments I've decided that 20 books would be a good number for me or 5000 pages.

The first book of 2016 will be De onontkoombare afkomst van Eli d'Oliveira because I already picked it up from the library. I made a request to the library and they purchaged it for me.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Kalnins (angieabk) | 29 comments I want soo much to say that I'll read a book a week...or more...but, I have to be realistic. I think I'm going to have say something like 25. If I go over that, great. But , probably won't. Lol.

message 4: by Margriet (new)

Margriet Assen | 51 comments Good luck, Angela!

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela Kalnins (angieabk) | 29 comments You too!

...and away we go!

message 6: by Margriet (new)

Margriet Assen | 51 comments Finished: De onontkoombare afkomst van Eli d'Oliveira by Jaap Cohen Really well- written non fiction about a Sephardic jewish family. 700+ pages and I gave it 4 stars.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela Kalnins (angieabk) | 29 comments I wish I were better at reading non-fiction. It's just that, as corny as it sounds, my life can get pretty REAL....so when I read, I just want it to be silly, weird, fantasy...for the most part. I do read some Christian self-help, devotional type books...but, yeah, can't seem to make myself read the heavy stuff.

message 8: by Margriet (new)

Margriet Assen | 51 comments My next book will be fiction. It is Wachten I like to switch between both fiction and non-fiction during the year. The change helps me to keep reading!

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela Kalnins (angieabk) | 29 comments I do something similar. I belong to a writers/readers book review group on FB. The members who are authors are almost always indie published. So, I switch back and forth between indie published books and traditionally published books.

In last few days I read/reviewed a J R Ward book and one that a friend of published herself.

That keeps me on my toes.

message 10: by Margriet (new)

Margriet Assen | 51 comments I've abandoned Ha Jin's book Wachten for now.
Because today is International Book Day I decided to try Nachttrein naar Lissabon by Pascal Mercier next.