Zulfi Bhutto of Pakistan by Stanley Wolpert
The Lighter Side of the Power Game by Asghar Khan

message 2: by Nagwa (new)

Nagwa Malik (nagwamalik) | 87 comments Wsm wrote: "Some books I have enjoyed :
Breaking the Curfew by Emma Duncan
Zulfi Bhutto of Pakistan by Stanley Wolpert
The Lighter Side of the Power Game by Asghar Khan"

Hi,
tell me, do you like political spy thrillers? If you do, I have a book that I really would love your feedback on. Please tell me if you are interested in reviewing it.
Regards
Nagwa

message 3: by W (new)

W Hi.I am more interested in real life political sagas.Which book are you referring to ?

message 4: by Sia (new)

Sia (slayqueen) | 317 comments hi i love books related to vampires stuff.

message 5: by W (new)

W Well,this thread is on a different topic.

message 6: by Sia (new)

Sia (slayqueen) | 317 comments ok

message 7: by Nagwa (new)

Nagwa Malik (nagwamalik) | 87 comments Wsm wrote: "Hi.I am more interested in real life political sagas.Which book are you referring to ?"

My book is a political spy thriller, a two-part series with a sequel soon to come, in which the real life current events and recent past events of political importance are used in the plot and framework of the story. So it is a mixture of reality and fiction. I was gettign tired of the stereotypical misinformation oriented islamophobic thrillers that were coming out these past few years and thought it was better to write something fresh and different showing the other side of the story.
Are you interested? I would love your views on it.
If you check this link you can get an idea:
THE MIST stage One

If you use smashwords, Stage One is currently free till the 25th of Jan. Please use the code; fz66n to get your free ebook. If you want a physical copy you can find it in Ahmed Book Shop, Anarkali Lahore, or order it from kitabain.com or amazon or barnes and noble.
Stage Two just got released this month and was free till a few days ago. But i can get you your free soft copy if you like :)

message 8: by Maira (new)

Maira | 5852 comments Mod
I read My Feudal lord by Tehmena Durani a few days ago. I don't know if it is a purely political book or not but it was a good book that has a very strong political base and it comments on the power structure and power struggle in Pakistan.

message 9: by Salman (last edited Mar 18, 2016 09:05AM) (new)

Salman Tariq (salmanahmedtariq) | 232 comments 1.Fiction Category ..Moth Smoke , Prisoner , case of exploding mangoes and My Feudal Lord... are one way or another related to Pakistan's dynastic politics ..!
2....Pakistan A hard Country reviews briefly of all the system...A must read.
3... Songs of Blood n sword is avg memoir by FB ... its sort of different juxta of emotions, feelings of daughter with flavors of politics

message 10: by W (new)

W Nagwa,I guess your book requires a detailed review which because of time constraints I am not able to write so sorry.

message 11: by W (new)

W My Feudal Lord is very interesting,though it reads more like a novel than a memoir.

message 12: by Maira (new)

Maira | 5852 comments Mod
Wsm wrote: "My Feudal Lord is very interesting,though it reads more like a novel than a memoir."

I have to agree but i think it says a lot about the agency women can have if they really look into it plus it is an excellent commentry on the feudal or Patriarchal system that has developed in pakistan and how is disguised by using religious context that is so not true.

message 13: by W (new)

W A few more I have liked :
Witness to Surrender by Siddiq Salik
The Memoirs of Lt.General Gul Hassan Khan
Daughter of the East by Benazir Bhutto

message 14: by W (new)

W Zulfi Bhutto of Pakistan is the most interesting book I have read on Pakistan's politics and leaders.He was the most charismatic leader and very flawed too.Wolpert's biography is unputdownable as it charts his rise as Pakistan's populist Prime Minister and his spectacular fall from grace.Also,his role in the wars of 1965 and 1971 will always be debated.

message 15: by Nagwa (new)

Nagwa Malik (nagwamalik) | 87 comments Wsm wrote: "Hi.I am more interested in real life political sagas.Which book are you referring to ?"

Sorry for the late reply... I was referring to books that I wrote. I have used real-life political scenarios, both past and present and woven them in fiction. please inbox me if interested.

message 16: by W (new)

W Friends, Not Masters by Mohammad Ayub Khan Friends, Not Masters by Mohammad Ayub Khan
Fairly disappointing,skips the 1965 war.

message 17: by Saad (new)

Saad Din | 20 comments this book is/was never in my to read list, written for a dictator by one of his sycophant Altaf Gauhar so why expect any thing valuable from it his son rekindled his father 's legacy by writing a book for another idiot name Pervaiz Musharat that book too is not in my list

message 18: by W (new)

W It's not a very good book. I read it a long time ago,it's dull and dry.

message 19: by W (new)

W But people who ruled Pakistan for so long were not idiots,whatever else they might be.
And besides,what are the achievements of the so called democrats who have ruled this country ?
The first part of the Musharraf book is actually very interesting.

message 21: by W (new)

W Yeh Khamoshi Kahan Tak / یہ خاموشی کہاں تک by Shahid Aziz Yeh Khamoshi Kahan Tak / یہ خاموشی کہاں تک by Shahid Aziz
Fairly interesting,though I don't necessarily agree with all that he has to say.