Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Deleting a book

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele Wacek (michelepw) | 66 comments Hi! So, I've been pondering what to do here -- while the book "Why Isn't My Website Making Me Any Money? IS mine, it's actually not really a book that's published anywhere -- it's an information product I sell on my website. It's a long story but I put it on Amazon years and years ago (before they were all that slick with Kindle) Amazon didn't put it up, I forgot about it until years later Amazon suddenly approved it and up it popped. I've since unpublished it on Amazon but it's here -- since it's not published it feels like it would make sense to not be on my profile but I don't know what happens to books when they're deleted. Anyway, if you could let me know that would be great.

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments You're right, Goodreads doesn't like to delete books that were ever published. Possibly the best thing would be to add a note in the description saying either the book is no longer available, or that it is only available in a different form, from your website.

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele Wacek (michelepw) | 66 comments Ah, that sounds like a good plan. Okay I'll do that. Thanks.