What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Mystery book with a paranormal twist in which a girl gets transported to an island of ghosts(?)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aakanksha (new)

Aakanksha | 2 comments It was a children's/YA book and I read it between 2008-10.
Some details about the plot (that could possibly be way off)-

* The story starts on a day that is of some significance to the protagonist and I think there's a party or a celebration of some sort in one of the earlier chapters.

* The protagonist is in her early teens (I think the event I mentioned above was her thirteenth birthday, but I could be wrong)

* Don't remember how she ends up on the island, but the inhabitants are people who have died and are in the transition period between life and death, and she befriends a boy (one of the island people) who's much younger than her.

* Most of the book is about her trying to find her way back home, out of the island.

* When she does manage to get back home (Again, I don't remember how), it is insinuated that the island never existed, or at least the elders don't know of its existence.

* The girl's grandfather is a major character in the story and she's very close to him. Her parents are either already divorced or in the middle of one.

The tone of the book was fairly somber and I remember that it reminded me of The Sixth Sense.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (misterfive) | 203 comments Maybe Ellen Raskin's book Figgs & Phantoms ?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33270 comments Mod
Link for Amanda's suggestion - Figgs & Phantoms by Ellen Raskin.

message 4: by Aakanksha (new)

Aakanksha | 2 comments No, that's not it.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Aakanksha, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16092 comments Still looking for this one?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Aakanksha, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Figgs & Phantoms (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ellen Raskin (other topics)