Mythical Haven discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira was a bunny right now. She liked being a bunny right now. Of course this bunny had saved her life. It was hard being the bunny! She looked around for a bit and then shifted back to her normal self. Well she had her wings tucked in since she was in the mortal world. It was nice being in this part if the world sometimes. But only sometimes. The bunny was on her lap so she set it down on the ground and let it be.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Fukayna walked slowly through the trees. As she walked she stared at the ground, not paying much attention to her surroundings. She walked barefoot, loving the tickling sensation she felt as the grass brushed against her feet. As she walked she nearly ran into a few trees, she just barely misses them.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira was liking the peace when she heard something. She turned her head to see a girl walking. She smiled a little and then picked up the bunny and hopped into it. Slowly sh walked over to the girl in a bunny form

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Fukayna noticed movement out of the corner of her eye. She stopped walking and looked up. She noticed a rabbit near by. She smiled softly at it before w continuing to walk. It was a cute rabbit but Fukayna was never really one for small creatures.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira continued to follow the girl. She liked being the bunny because no one knew that she was actually a fairy. Sheknew that the bunny didn't mind being her host so that made her feel alot better than she had when she was dying.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Fukayna looked over her shoulder at the rabbit and sighed before stopping again and turning to look at it. "Why are you following me? Do you need something, little one?" She asked the rabbit as she knelt down in front of it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira just twitched her nose and sat down, staring at the girl. This was fun! She had already stalker two people today! This girl would be her third! Was the girl expecting an answer? Even in the Haven the animals didn't speak often in the Haven and this was the mortal world.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"I know you're not just a rabbit. I can smell something else. I'm guessing fairy?" She said as she tried to pick up the rabbit to get a closer look a it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira nodded, twitching her nose again. She was a fairy! How could this girl tell? Well it was easy if you were from the Haven. She could shift into a fairy right now but nah, she didn't want to.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"So I'm right. Why don't you come out so you can tell me why you're following me around?" She cradled the rabbit in her arms, petting it soft head. "This rabbit you're in is very soft. I like the way it feels."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira thought about coming out, but decided against it. The bunny she was hosting seemed to take over as it did sometimes. She nuzzled the girls hand with her head. The bunny liked being pet but Mira was a little confused.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Witch one of you is in control now? Or are you both InSync?" She asked smile softly as the rabbit nuzzled her hand. She moved her hand up a bit and played with the rabbits ears.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira would have answered, but the bunny was being the bunny right now. Most of the time they were in sync but for now the bunny was being the bunny. The bunny nuzzled her nose into the girls arm, finding the warmth and deciding to stay there.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

"It seems like the rabbit is content on staying there, so why don't you come out? You can't talk with me if you stay like that." She stopped petting the rabbit, letting it do as it pleased.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira said bye to the rabbit and then left the sleeping bunny to be. It could fall asleep so quickly! Mira appeared behind the girl and smiled a bit, "She can be rather controlling." She said as she eyes the bunny. "But all in all she has helped me through many things."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Carefully she stood up, making sure the rabbit did not wake up. She turned around to look atg the girl. "Hello. I take it you're the fairy? I am Fukayna. Nice to meet you."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

*at. ((Sorry typo))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira picked up the bunny and smiled a little bit as she softly stroked it. "Well nice to meet you too. What are you doing outside the Haven? And I'm Mira." She looked at the girl and leaned against the tree behind her.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Just wondering like always. I just need to leave for a little while. Why are you here?" She asked as she dropped her arms to her side since she was no longer holding the rabbit. "Can I ask why you're rabbit was so calm around me?"

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"I needed to leave for a bit too... And she is calm around everything." Mira laughed a little as she kissed the top of her head. She smiled at her bunny. "She has a funny spirit." Mira looked up at Fukanya. "So you know what I am... What are you?" She asked. She looked pretty normal to her.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"I am a Sphinx. The kind that come from Egypt." She replied with a smile. "What's so funny about that rabbits spirit? Let's sit down while we talk." She suggested as she walked over to a bench that was close by.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"I think that is a good idea." She sat down on the bench and smiled a little bit as she looked down at the bunny. "Well nothing is funny I guess." She admitted. "So a Sphinx? That's cool!"

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"Thank you. So you've heard of us? Some of the people that I have met did know what a sphinx was." She leaned back against the bench and crossed her lags. "This place is very relaxing."

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well this place is very nice." She smiled as she stroked the bunny, then set her down on the bench next to Fukanya. When she saw the bunny was about to wake up Mira gently bent down and murmured a small spell to make sure the bunny got the rest that she needed. Then the bunny went back to sleep

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Earlier you said that this rabbit had helped you through quite a bit of stuff. Could I ask what you meant?" She asked looking down at the small rabbit. "It's so small and helpless, how did it help you?"

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry for taking so long! I haven't been on in a few days!))

Mira was quiet for a second before amswering. "Well... There was a hunter who was hurting animals so I healed them. But every time I healed them I took on their wounds and I got weaker." She explained. "Long story short I was about to die, but the little bunny you see right there saved me. You see, she was always with me. No matter where I was somehow she found me. That time she found me and my spirit hopped into her. My life force is now connected to her. She is my host."

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Fukayna thought over what she said. "That's very interesting. I didn't know fairies could bond with another creature like that. So if this rabbit was to die you would to? How old is this rabbit?" She asked wondering what would happen if the rabbit died of old age would it kill Mira?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

((It's okay I don't mind.))

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"I am the fairy of animals so I suppose other fairies do not have that power. I do not know what would happen if she died but I hope that I do not have to worry about that for a while. I think that hee being my host will extend her life greatly." Mira nodded. Then again she had never done this before so she wouldn't know.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hopefully it will. You seem like a nice girl. It would be a shame for a girl like you to die young. I know fairies age differently so I can't tell your age by looking at you. Do you mind me asking your age?" She asked smiling sweetly at Mira.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"About sixteen." She admitted. "But I know that some fairies have very long lives. I suppose I was always asking for it, almost dying you know?" She shrugged. "What about you? How old are you I mean? If you don't mind me asking." She added quickly as she stroked the bunny

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"Wow, you're so young. I was expecting you to be older but your still a child. No offense, I mean it only in age, you're very mature for someone of your age." She said slightly amazed, she had never met such a young fairy before. "I don't mind you asking at all, I am 3100, give or take a year or so. It's hard to keep track after so long."

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira's eyes widened. She had never met someone that old. "Wow!" She exclaimed after a moment. She had met some old fairies but none that old. They were around three hundred. And she didn't look that old, but she knew that looks had nothing to do with it

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"I take it that you have never met someone as old as I am. My kind can live for very long. But there is not many of us left. Not just hunters but other... silly things have killed many of us. Do you know the story of the Greek Sphinx?" She asked frowning slightly at her own question.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

She frowned a little. Living in the Haven, naturally she knew many Greek stories but she wasn't sure about this one. "Maybe... I can't be sure really." Mira admitted with a small frown. She had never been really good at learning all thosr things.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well it's a sad story. For my kind anyway, humans think it's a funny story. You see, when a Sphinx is born the gods give them a person, place, or thing to protect. My cousin, the Sphinx from the story, was given a place. He was to protect a path leading to a very important city. In order to protect what we are given, we ask riddles. If they are answered correctly we kill ourselves and the person or thing can pass but answer wrong and they get eaten. Do you understand so far?" She asked before continuing the story.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira nodded. She knew that they talked in riddles but beyond that what she knew of her kind was very little. Eveeything was still new and fresh inside her head, considering everything really. "Yeah." She smiled softly. Everything was funny to the humans. They were annoying and... Ugh! She was just glad that they lived in the mortal world and didn't know about Haveners.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"Alright, good, I'll keep going then. My cousin spent over a thousand year protecting the path. For one thousand years no one was able to answer the riddle. Everyone who tried to pass died until a strange group of people riding an elephant of all things came to the path. He asked his riddle 'There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first.' No one has ever gotten this riddle before. But they answer instantly, and got it right. My cousin devoured himself. The strangers laughing and passed him by, they stole everything from the city and killed everyone. They had already known the answer because they hand kill one of my siblings just days before. They got the answer from her."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira sighed sadly. She hated that. She hated it when humans did something like that. She was still young among fairies, she still had alot to learn about the mortals. And no matter how much she tried to learn to love them or overlook what they had done, she always found that she had nothing but dislike for them. "I'm sorry."

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

She shrugged. "It was a very long time ago I was still young. And it's not like that was the only time something like that has happened. It happened more than it should." She said with a sigh.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira nodded sadly. "It did." The more she learned about the horrors that the humans did, the more she resented them. She didn't see the problem in that, but she knew she shouldn't. Not all humans were bad. There was the hunter she had met, Hawk was his name. He had gone against his hunter code and helped her with her wounds. She shouldn't judge all humans by the acts of a handfull. She knew it would be hard, but that her own unspoken vow.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"How do you feel about the humans? Are they good to your kind?" She said shifting the subject off of her past and on to Mira's. "I don't hear many stories of your kind fighting the humans anymore. Are there still a lot of you?"

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Mira shrugged, "Enough to keep us alive I suppose." She murmured. She looked down for a moment. "I am the youngest I think. I suppose humans are human. They are greedy and killers and mean, but they can also be gentle, kind. I like to think one day all humans will be that way." She said softly.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"That is a very nice idea. It must be nice to be the youngest. Everyone must dote on you, must be nice to have your family close. You are close with your family aren't you?"

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry! I haven't been on in the last few days!))

She bit her lip softly. "Sometimes..." She shrugged. Her family was the animals and she was actually having one as her host, which had to be the closest she could come to a family member wasn't it? Sure she had her fairy family as well, but she didn't know what she meant by 'close'

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mira? You look troubled. Are you not on good terms with your parents?" She asked after she noticed that Mira didn't sound very sure about her answer.

((It okay and sorry this one is a bit short.))

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

((?))

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

((i have not been on at all!!! Sorry!!))

She frowned, "I am don't worry." She smiled at her and then sat down and sighed softly. "Anyway...."

((thats even shorter so sorry!)

message 50: by Emily ~Autumn, Winter~, HI BERT! (new)

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) | 5720 comments Mod
((Julie, you can't post here yet unless you have permission from the RPers))

« previous 1 3