Black Coffee discussion

Book Buzz > NY Times 100 Notable Books of 2015

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2422 comments Mod
Have you read any? If so, which ones?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/06/boo...

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane McPhail (dianecmcphail) | 34 comments I think of myself as a voracious reader and keep up with NYT daily, but, not only have I not read, I have not even heard of most of these. I'm astounded.

message 3: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments I like this list and think there is something on this list for everybody.

I saw books that I enjoyed this year and books that are on my tbr list.

On the fiction side:
I have read 10 of the books
And 17 of the books on on my tbr list

On the NF side:
I have read 1 book
And 6 of the books are on my tbr list

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments The only one I've heard of is Toni Morrison's. Incidentally, that's also the only one I've read xD

message 5: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 790 comments out of the whole list I have 3 on my TBR list. all the others I've never heard of

message 6: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I have 4 on my TBR. I attempted to read 2, but abandoned them.

message 7: by Bobby (last edited Nov 30, 2015 01:29PM) (new)

Bobby Bermea (beirutwedding) | 38 comments Shomeret wrote: "I have 4 on my TBR. I attempted to read 2, but abandoned them."

Which ones and how come you put them down?

Man, I might not have heard of them but everybody else in my town has. They are all on hold for months.

message 8: by Shomeret (last edited Nov 30, 2015 04:33PM) (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments Bobby wrote: "Shomeret wrote: "I have 4 on my TBR. I attempted to read 2, but abandoned them."

Man, I might not have heard of them but everybody else in my town has. ..."

I unsuccessfully attempted to read The Incarnations and The Merseault Investigation. I just couldn't get into them. I thought they would interest me, but they didn't.

message 9: by Bobby (new)

Bobby Bermea (beirutwedding) | 38 comments Shomeret wrote: "Bobby wrote: "Shomeret wrote: "I have 4 on my TBR. I attempted to read 2, but abandoned them."

Man, I might not have heard of them but everybody else in..."

Hm, The Incarnations looked interesting to me too. When I get, I'll let you know how I fare.

message 10: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Bobby wrote: "Shomeret wrote: "Bobby wrote: "Shomeret wrote: "I have 4 on my TBR. I attempted to read 2, but abandoned them."

Man, I might not have heard of them but ..."

The Incarnations is also on my tbr list.

Also I recently picked up from my library The Meursault Investigation.

message 11: by Bobby (new)

Bobby Bermea (beirutwedding) | 38 comments Beverly wrote: "Bobby wrote: "Shomeret wrote: "Bobby wrote: "Shomeret wrote: "I have 4 on my TBR. I attempted to read 2, but abandoned them."

Man, I might not have hear..."

Hoo boy. Might have to read that The Mersault Investigation back to back with The Stranger. Just added that, too!

message 12: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3902 comments Mod
The only one that I've heard of was Toni Morrison's God Help the Child which I can't wait to read. Although I haven't been too excited about her later reads. Hopefully it's pretty good though.