Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Weekly checkins > 11/27 Week 47

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments Wow! We're really coming in to the end of the year/challenge. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to get nervous about my ability to finish. I'm shuffling titles around to complete my prompts. Gone are the 500-page Walter Isaacson biographies I own and planned to read and in are my Nora Roberts' books that have vanquished on my TBR shelf for 10 years (#truestory).

I did finish Holidays on Ice this week. One of my best friends has been encouraging me to read it since I met her 8 years ago. I slotted that in a book that takes place during the holidays. (Go figure.)

I had hoped to finish "a book you own but have never read" by the end of the day today for this week's numbers but it'll probably be tomorrow that I finish it.

I am at 48/52 and that clock is tick tocking away!

How are you doing? Are you still in this thing with us?

Btw, there's a thread open about 2016 challenges and PopSugar has one out (40 books). If you're interested in perusing that, head over to that thread.

And for those of you in the U.S., happy Thanksgiving!

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1508 comments Ive slowed my reading between the holiday and having reached my goals, but I did finish Comfort & Joy by Kristin Hannah this week. I'm still reading Legacy by Linda Govik. I usually read a lot at night, but lately I've been sucked into Christmas movies and rewatching Gilmore Girls!

I'm already thinking about books to read next year. my reading list just keeps getting longer and longer!

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments I finished 1984 for "a book you were supposed to read in school but didn't" number 50 for me!

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I just finished book #45 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. this book fulfilled the "100 years old" prompt. I was a little disappointed. I was expecting more from this classic. I'm now reading my Christmas book. This may be my last challenge book. I've been contemplating throwing in the towel. I'm making the decision after I finish this book.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) | 158 comments I didn't finish anything this week and am officially behind again. I've been spending too much time away from the computer/phone/books (i.e. in the real world - I am not a fan), but I'm still determined to complete the challenge. I just need to buckle down and get some good reading time in once NaNoWriMo ends in a few days.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I finished The Woman Who Dived into the Heart of the World (wouldn't recommend) which covered three prompts and have started reading All the Light We Cannot See (Pulitzer Prize winner). I don't really want to read the rest of it because I have to concentrate so hard to keep up, I don't know why. It's tiring. And I started reading Little Red Riding Hood and Other Stories because it has a colour in the title and shouldn't take me long.

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 1008 comments I found all the light really hard to get into, slow to start. But once I got about halfway I really liked it and found it went much faster. I also found since there are a lot of little chapters I'd split it up (not usually something I like to do, but it worked to get me to the point where I wanted to read it uninterrupted) I'd read 3 chapters then watch 10 minutes of tv or whatever else I was distracted by :)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Tara wrote: "I found all the light really hard to get into, slow to start. But once I got about halfway I really liked it and found it went much faster. I also found since there are a lot of little chapters I'd..."

Good to know, thanks :)

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (mghrt06) | 540 comments I finished two books. One for the challenge - author with same initials.

That brings me to 4 prompts left and 6 books to go for the goodreads challenge.

I think I can do this! Not giving up yet!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.