Emily March Fans discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Holidays > Secret Santa! Wanna Play?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (last edited Nov 27, 2015 01:16PM) (new)

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Book lovers & Fellow Springsters! A few members of the group thought it might be fun to host a gift exchange for Christmas. Participation is ENTIRELY voluntary and it's intended to be fun -- not a burden on an already busy season and not a drain on your holiday budget. The app I'm using makes you set a maximum spending limit but don't feel bound to spend that amount - whatever is reasonable for you, and comes from your heart - is all that matters. It can even be a gag gift, if you're into those!

Here is the link to Elfster ... and your invitation to sign up -- if you're interested. The "exchange" date is December 20th...and we'll draw for 'matches' on December 10th.

https://www.elfster.com/exchange/view...

Enjoy!

message 2: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments I have already signed up. Come on Friends sign up lets have fun! Hugs Lola

message 3: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Lola wrote: "I have already signed up. Come on Friends sign up lets have fun! Hugs Lola"

Thank you Lola! :-)

message 4: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments I signed up. This will be so fun! Speaking only for myself but some of my most treasured gifts people spent no money on but handmade me something. Ive gotten a sketch, a painting, handmade ornaments, a handmade card, a photo blown up and framed, so many creative people out there. Its the season of giving and my kids and I have so much fun picking things out or making things. I hope many people sign up.
Hugs,
Jina

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Signed up today.
Linda Manthey

message 6: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Signed up today.
Melinda

message 7: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Thanks, ladies!

message 8: by Emily, Author (new)

Emily March (emilymarchbooks) | 113 comments Mod
Count me in!

message 9: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Thank you, Emily!!

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments I am unsure as to how this is going to work. Are we going to be given a single person to buy for, like secret Santa? And if so how do we find out who that person is?

message 11: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Linda wrote: "I am unsure as to how this is going to work. Are we going to be given a single person to buy for, like secret Santa? And if so how do we find out who that person is?"

I got an email from elfster and I figured it out. So no worries, thanks.

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Linda wrote: "Linda wrote: "I am unsure as to how this is going to work. Are we going to be given a single person to buy for, like secret Santa? And if so how do we find out who that person is?"

I got an email ..."

Glad that it is cleared up Linda.

message 13: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Sorry for being late to answer -- we went out of town Sunday afternoon and got back late yesterday, after Ray had all of his pre-op tests & his physical done. There was no wifi or cell phone coverage at the Inn - which is why it would make a PERFECT writer's retreat or honeymoon spot. You have to drive 7 miles to get a signal.

Anyway - thanks to those of you who are participating! I'm looking forward to it!

message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments I am sorry I am not participating ladies. Work is still crazy and I don't want to start what I cannot contribute 100% to. Have fun!

message 15: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Kay wrote: "I am sorry I am not participating ladies. Work is still crazy and I don't want to start what I cannot contribute 100% to. Have fun!"

That's OK, Kay! We understand - we're just glad to have you with us when you can be here!

Paula

message 16: by Kay (new)

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Thank you for understanding. You are such special Ladies. ❤️

message 17: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Did we put a price limit ? Any one offended with gift cards? Hugs Lola

message 18: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments To Kay, Glad to see you anytime you can pop in. Just having you for a friend is blessing enough for me.
To Lola, Gift cards are the new "gold". They are the hot item as my nephews tell me they save them up for the "after Christmas specials" and clean out the stores on what they didnt get but wanted. Lol. As far as price limit I think thats listed but I am going a little over the price limit mostly because this is so fun and the kids want to put their "special touch" on the gift too.
Love y'all,
Jina

message 19: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Kay,
Just glad that you drop in when you can.

Lola , Jina is right about gift cards being gold. If you do things right they get almost twice as much after Christmas due to prices being cut. It also saves on postage.

Sorry for being AWOL this week. Gave Finals and always have paper work to get turned in.
After Monday, I am done for the semester.

Enjoy the weekend and the Christmas Season.

message 20: by Brandi (new)

Brandi (poohfanatik) | 117 comments Boo saw this too late. Hope those that are doing it have fun!!

message 21: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Brandi wrote: "Boo saw this too late. Hope those that are doing it have fun!!"

Brandi - I'm sorry you missed it - I should have extended the sign-ups for a longer period of time but by the time I figured that out, it was too late to do it. I'm sorry for that.

We set the upper limit at $10 but honestly, $10 may be too much for some of us, and knowing our group, we will be sincerely grateful for anything.

And gift cards are the bomb....!

message 22: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Brandi wrote: "Boo saw this too late. Hope those that are doing it have fun!!"

Brandi,
Next time the group does something, we will get in touch with you. I have added you as a friend so we can.
Melinda

message 23: by Brandi (new)

Brandi (poohfanatik) | 117 comments Thanks, i know i wasnt on much right after thanksgiving due to putting our puppy down.

message 24: by Paula, Moderator (new)

Brandi wrote: "Thanks, i know i wasnt on much right after thanksgiving due to putting our puppy down."

I hope you have a blessed holiday season and I know you will remember your fur baby with the deepest love.

Paula

message 25: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Kay wrote: "Thank you for understanding. You are such special Ladies. ❤️"
No apologies are needed. We are all happy you can join in when possible. I too have been absent some lately. The last two weeks before Christmas are our bussiest time of the year. We make or break our budget these two weeks. And the corporate people don't seem to think we need any more help than usual so we are running our tails off trying keep the shelves stocked, help customers and get ready for inventory the second week of January. I actually had to put out Easter candy today because it came in on our truck and we have to get everything out on the salesfloor for inventory. Customers are already complaining. ARRRRRG! Oh well, such is the life as a retail drug associate. I just have to shake it off and not let it bother me. I just figure they have to go home with their nasty addititude and I don't have to let it make me have a bad day. My mother used to say the best way to get even with someone is to pray for them. It will make you feel better and hopefully make a difference in their lives. My mother is a very wise woman.
Hope everyone has a good night and a blessed tomorrow.
Linda Manthey

message 26: by Lola (last edited Dec 15, 2015 10:42PM) (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Linda wrote: "Kay wrote: "Thank you for understanding. You are such special Ladies. ❤️"
No apologies are needed. We are all happy you can join in when possible. I too have been absent some lately. The last two w..."

Dear Linda,

Yes your Mother is a wise women. This time of year I miss my Momma and Dad so much! My Dad taught me gardening and Football, his pet name for me was Coach. He taught me well, because we have a football pool between Wolf, Jen, Bill & I. And I have almost won the year . The only one who can catch me is Jen , I passed on all the good lessons from my Dad lol. Fun the women in the family beating the boys at Football! Hugs Lola

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.