Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) Queen of Shadows discussion

Chaol, Dorian, or Rowan?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I would always choose Chaol first, but if Chaoleana really has sunk to rock bottom, I would pick Dorian over Rowan. Period. Or maybe Aelin could just not have a love interest?

Lexie I ship Aelin (whom I still accidentally call Celaena) with Rowan so hard....I have no idea why.

Nikita Dorian, I see more as Aelin's friend and ally. Chaol, I liked and thought was good but changed after meeting Rowan. Rowan, I love and the relationship that he and Aelin have, I am Team Rowan.

Daniela Chaol Westfall. I love him soo much.

Marii All the way Rowan

Sabina ALL OF THEM! But Dorian is my precious baby. And as for shipping Aelin with one of them, I don't really care who she ends up with as long as it makes her happy.

Brittany Leigh Chaol definitely. I shipped them since the first chapter of Throne of Glass. I will go down with this ship.

Bakshree Mishra Rowan! That is definitely the way the ship is headed; Chaol has lost Aelin and he knows it... and towards the end it seemed like he sort of accepted Rowan + Aelin. Dorian seems like the close friend and ally rather than a potential love interest now...

ishityounot I think that Rowan is the best choice for Aelin because she needs someone who can protect her and understand what kind of things she's going through. Plus, since they are both fae(ish) than they will at least have each other when everybody else dies.

Nurlely I love Chaol, Dorian & Rowan.
I think this four book says it all, who goes with who.
Chaol with Nesryn, Dorian with Manon & Rowan with Aelin.

I am so excited to read more about Dorian and Manon now. How will Dorian handle the most vicious & powerful yet the most beautiful female character in the story.

Jenni Dorian first because he ROCKS. Rowan would be my next choice. Chaol not a small little bit.

Bonner I think Rowan and Aelin make the most sense. I mean, she will outlive Choal, so that's a no. And Dorian seems more like a best friend now. I would kinda like to see an Alliance/Romance between Dorian and Mannon Blackbeak. Remember their exchange in the field near the end of QoS? When Dorian was still under the Valgs control and he saw and spoke with Mannon.

Eimear I've have shipped Rowan SINCE HE WALKED UP TO HER IN VARESE!

But lads......... I don't know if anyone else thinks this but I'm 93% that Rowan is going to die...... Queen of Shadows was just too perfect a book I think SJ is setting us up for a long hard fall.

I think he's going to die in some super noble way in either book 5 or 6 and that Dorian is in fact endgame. I of course don't want this to happen but I really think it will *cries5eva.

I can't imagine Rowan being Aelin's husband and ruling Terranes by her side. I totatally ship them 110% in Queen of Shadows and Heir of Fire, but things are going to be sooooo different now that Aelin declared herself to the world. I think there is going to be some really intense battles against Erawan and Rowan will valiantly fall. Dorian and Aelin will get back together and rule Adarlann and Terrasyn and like recommend books to each other until they die.......

Wow I went off on a tandem there. Anyway thats who I ship!

Bonner Oh Man Eimear I never thought of that! My mind is blown.....Rowan probably will sacrifice himself in some valiant way!!!! AHHH! How long do we have to wait until the next book:(

I wish there was a like button on this thread.

***Team Mannon*** She's a BEAST! Love her!

Eimear Bonner wrote: "Oh Man Eimear I never thought of that! My mind is blown.....Rowan probably will sacrifice himself in some valiant way!!!! AHHH! How long do we have to wait until the next book:(

I wish there was a..."

I've a feeling if anyone's going to come out unscathed at the end of this series it would be Manon. #TeamManonTheMachine!

Bakshree Mishra Eimear wrote: "I've a feeling if anyone's going to come out unscathed at the end of this series it would be Manon. #TeamManonTheMachine! "
MannonTheMachine - I like that! :D Love her too, and truly, at this point, I like the possibility of MaronxDorian... Marian? Not Doron anyway :D

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the idea of Manon/Dorian! #teammanonthemachine

Bonner HA HA "Doron" that's cute

Kelly Bonner wrote: "Oh Man Eimear I never thought of that! My mind is blown.....Rowan probably will sacrifice himself in some valiant way!!!! AHHH! How long do we have to wait until the next book:(

I wish there was a..."

Manon is perfection.
I've been calling her and Dorian's ship name Manorian XD

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been sensing some foreshadowing about something bad happening to Rowan. It seems that everyone loves him so much that they won't even consider the possibility of his death, but I think there's a good chance of it happening. QoS set up a way too "happily ever after" possibility if Rowaelin was endgame and Rowan was too perfect a character. You know that's not how YA fantasy authors roll. And it would definitely be in Rowan's character to sacrifice himself for Aelin... so we'll see.

And also, to answer the original thread question: I'm chaolaena trash since day one. But I definitely respect all the characters.

paloma Chaol.

message 21: by R.G (new) - rated it 5 stars

R.G Rowan

April OMGURSH I WAS HALF SPCRYING WHEN I REALIZED CHOALENA HAS SUNK I WAS JUST TORN APART. But then the ore I read, I don't like Dorian, I ship ROWEANA. :DDD

Amber I ship Dorian and Celaena FOREVER

Bella M. Rowan. If not, then maybe Dorian. I never shipped Chaolena, people said I would by Crown of Midnight but...I didn't :(

Amber I never ship Chaolena either

Naima  Rowan and Aelin are soul mates. The both lost love and the found it with each other. So bye if you ship Chaol and Celaena. Dorians like her bestie so I can't ship them.

Adele Um, I used to ship Celaena/Aelin with Chaol. Because they were there for each other at the time, and they also spent a lot of time together. So I believe that they believed that they were once meant for each other but circumstances change. Personalities change, people change (if that's not the same thing).

Now I'm team Aelin & Rowan because Rowan is literally the only one who can balance out Aelin's temper. They're perfect for each other; save the HUGE age difference. Like, he literally calls her a child when he compared them both to one another.

If Maas somehow writes in that Dorian and Aelin become a couple in TOG5 I'm going to get so mad (lol) because yeah they have some stuff in common, like books and that they're both royalty, but other than that, I really felt like their relationship in Throne of Glass (and onward) was more of a siblings relationship.
The only reason why I could see Dorian and Aelin being together in TOG5 is that they're together only in the public sense. Like their marriage (if it even comes to that) will only be a front.

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 06, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Imma wrote: "Rowan and Aelin are soul mates. The both lost love and the found it with each other. So bye if you ship Chaol and Celaena. Dorians like her bestie so I can't ship them."

It's fine to state your opinion, but you can do it nicely. Everyone is free to ship as they please, so there's really no point on hating on the Chaoleana/Celorian ships/shippers.

Michelle I have shipped Alien and Rowan ever since I first heard of Rowan, and I now honestly think that they will be together.

message 30: by Gaia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gaia Koren Rowan is just the best in every single way, so it's not really a choice.

Lover of Fantasy Novels If we're talking about endgame it's probably going to be Dorian just from how the story has been laid out. They rushed into a relationship in the first book but it's obvious neither has completely abandoned feelings for each other so it's given them time to mature as they gain world experience. Dorian is not the same person anymore and Aelin...let's just leave it be. Chaol and Celaena had the best written relationship and Rowan hardly touches the surface of either relationship since he has no identity now beyond Aelin's actions. Maas has turned a once badass character with depth into a drooling puppy.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

D wrote: "If we're talking about endgame it's probably going to be Dorian just from how the story has been laid out. They rushed into a relationship in the first book but it's obvious neither has completely ..."

I feel as though Celorian could have had so much more potential if their relationship wasn't rushed, and I lowkey ship it. Since I know Chaoleana is pretty much sunk, (even though it's my OTP), I feel as though Doraelin seem the most compatible.

Safina God..I really don't like Rowan. Halfway through QoS atm

I love Chaol but I personally think Dorian/Aelin are endgame. There are subtle hints and foreshadowing in the earlier books...it makes sense unless SJM has decided to go off on a tangent. I love Dorian too.

I'm seriously that one person who's so sick of Aelin idgaf what happens to her. I hope she dies and Chaol/Dorian run off in the sunset together. Sorry not sorry.

Lover of Fantasy Novels There are so many parallels between Aelin and Dorian between their personalities, circumstances, and powers (she's fire, he's ice) I have to agree there has been so much foreshadowing it wouldn't be surprising if they end up together. Plus, if they were to join together it would bring together two powerful kingdoms and tie together their lineages. Somehow I don't see Rowan as her future husband there's just not enough credible chemistry between them if you base it off anything but looks by QoS. Now in Heir of Fire they definitely had a connection but their bond has been changed to nothing but lust currently and lust cannot keep a relationship strong long-term by itself. Who knows about Chaol since things can change in two books. I think Rowan is going to perform some heroic sacrifice or somehow betray Aelin which will cement her full change into an independent, strong queen. (Aedion and Rowan act like babysitters more than members of a court; they aren't acting her equals more like advisers to a child monarch).

Nicolina Does anyone else think that since Aelin is fae, she'll end up mating with someone who may not be Rowan??? Or is it just me?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I can see that as a possibility. Maybe sjm will surprise us and Aelin will end up with no one.

Nicolina I really hope she'll mate with someone like Lorcan or something. It'll add a nice twist

Daniella  A PRINCE ROWAN!!! <3 <3 <3

Nicolina Since Aelin is fae, doesn't that make her immortal too??
And if Dorian has magic, does that make him fae?

Safina I can't believe I haven't finished this book. Actually dragging my way through it >__<

I said before that an Aelin & Dorian relationship does have foreshadowing...but now that I think about it, it's kind of obvious that SJM didn't know where the series was going after CoM. The way the dynamic of the story changed so much, and the introduction of new characters (some very flat)..I'm convinced that from HoF she started writing as she went along (Imo, the story lost a lot of it's magic since then).

But because of that...I guess it's likely SJM changed her mind and is a Rowaelin shipper now..idk

Isabell Rowan is by far my favorite!

Amber Dorion and Aelin FOREVER

message 43: by joaniris (last edited May 29, 2016 01:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

joaniris team Dorian since time immemorial.

message 44: by Kin (last edited Jun 12, 2016 09:59PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kin Safina wrote: "I can't believe I haven't finished this book. Actually dragging my way through it >__<

I said before that an Aelin & Dorian relationship does have foreshadowing...but now that I think about it, it..."

Agree, I really thought Chaolaena was suppose to be endgame originally

Adele I ship Rowaelin, so far. I used to ship Aelin with Chaol, but after CoM, I was like, Naaaaaah.
I've never really shipped Dorian and Aelin in the first place, honestly. The two of them act more like a brother and sister than anything.

message 46: by Carmen (new)

Carmen I want Dorian and a hail to be happy, but to be honest I just want Aelin and Rowan to die. She's such a bitch now and I'm tired of rolling my eyes during their "sexy" scenes

message 47: by Kin (last edited Jul 06, 2016 12:34PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kin Carmen wrote: "I want Dorian and a hail to be happy, but to be honest I just want Aelin and Rowan to die. She's such a bitch now and I'm tired of rolling my eyes during their "sexy" scenes"

I agree 100%, honestly for me I just don't see this relationship between them. They don't balance each other out at all

message 48: by Nisix33 (new)

Nisix33 Because I don't like Rowan and haven't really liked Chaol since Crown of Midnight (I liked him in the first chapters of Queen of Shadows more than in the second half of Crown of Midnight, honestly) I am rooting for Doraelin. But tbh Sam will ever be the best. <3

Nicolina Rowan all the way, although I would approve of a sudden plot twist to make aelin and Dorian mates or something cool like that

message 50: by Winnie (new)

Winnie Pftt, are you kidding me? The Chaolaena Ship is pretty much like the Titanic now, Dorian seems more like a friend and is still hung over from Sorscha and Rowan is pretty much perfect! He understands Aelin and would never hurt her. So who do you think which ship I'm on board?

« previous 1 3