THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Remove Books I didn't write

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Simmons (dianesimmons) | 2 comments Hi--I am new to Goodreads.
It looks great.
However I am credited with three books that were written by a different Diane Simmons. Can you remove these?
I did NOT write:
Legends (about horses)
Legends 2 (also about horses)
Joanna, The Crowing Hen.
The books I DID write: Little America, Narcissism of Empire, Maxine Hong Kingston, Jamaica Kincaid, Dreams Like Thunder, Let the Bastards Freeze in the Dark.
Can you help?
Thanks!
Diane

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 177 comments Diane,

The "get rid of this! I didn't write it!" requests >teasing smile< are probably best directed to the Goodreads librarians.

Hopefully this link will work:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Just repeat your request there, and I'm sure they'll take care of it for you.

Eric

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Simmons (dianesimmons) | 2 comments Hmmm---thanks Eric but the link you sent is about erotica books.

These guys don't look like the librarians I know!

Better link?

Diane

message 4: by Eric (new)

I got the link from the MM Romance Group (which is part of GR) because that's the kind of books I write. However, the folks who respond to the librarian-type requests there are "general" GR librarians so far as I know, as opposed to MMRG-specific.

Tell you what, I'll ask if there's a separate, non-MMRG link for book-removal requests, and let you know their response. They're usually pretty quick.

Eric

message 5: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Requests to fix data of specific book(s) are best posted in the Librarians Group.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Rivka's response is what the MMRG moderator told me, and gave me the same link.

If you run into difficulty there, however, the MMRG moderators are really nice, and I can make the request for you...thus eliminating the need to join a group about books in a genre that's definitely not yours. >s<

Hope this gets solved for you.

Eric