Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Monthly Reading Challenges > December 2015

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Nov 27, 2015 10:10AM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Sorry, time got away from me.

December

Every December that I’ve done this challenge, we’ve done the tried and true “Clear off the TBR pile and dust those books.” So, again, that is what we are doing for the end of the year here.
Books must be preselected and posted to the thread. You are allowed 5 alternates in case you find that you can’t get hold of one of your books (it’s disappeared, someone borrowed it and didn’t return it, your books are still packed up after moving, etc.) SO, 10 books from your TBR mounta—er pile, plus 5 back-ups. Try to pick books that have been lurking on the bottom of the pile and feeling lonely and unloved. (Unless you have library books that must be read and returned. Everyone knows that library books always feel unloved, since people are always returning them to the library rather than keeping them.)

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 238 comments December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
0/10 Completed

1. Winter by Marissa Meyer
2. Time's Divide by Rysa Walker
3. Illusionarium by Heather Dixon
4. Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert- Martin
5. Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
6. Cast in Honor by Michelle Sagara
7. The Web by Megan Chance
8. Origin by Jessica Khoury
9. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
10. Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3) by Rysa Walker Illusionarium by Heather Dixon Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1) by Kristen Lippert-Martin Glitch (Glitch, #1) by Heather Anastasiu Cast in Honor (Chronicles of Elantra, #11) by Michelle Sagara The Web (The Fianna Trilogy, #2) by Megan Chance Origin (Corpus, #1) by Jessica Khoury The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling

Alternates:
1. Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward
2. The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman
3. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
4. Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
5. Charged by G.P. Ching

Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1) by Frank Beddor Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2) by Josephine Angelini Charged (The Grounded Trilogy, #2) by G.P. Ching

message 3: by BarbaraAnn (last edited Dec 30, 2015 05:04AM) (new)

BarbaraAnn | 16 comments December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
10/10 Completed - DONE

1. Owl and the Japanese Circus ***12/12
2. The Aeronaut's Windlass *****12/5
3. Nice Dragons Finish Last ****12/11
4. Unwrapping Hank ****12/8
5. Whiskey and Wry **** 12/9
6. Ice ***** 12/22
7. Heavy Metal Heart *** 12/24
8. Three Nights before Christmas **** 12/7
9. The Beautiful Ashes *** 12/26
10. Zero Day *** 12/30

Alternates
1. Hobbled
2. The Care & Feeding of Pirates
3. A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift
4. Head Over Heels

message 4: by Rachel (last edited Dec 02, 2015 02:05PM) (new)

Rachel | 192 comments I love this challenge, too! I won't be able to do 10, but maybe I can figure out five (plus three alternates).

Thanks for all your hard work this year Ann!!

1/5

1. Visions of Heat
2. This Shattered World
3. Sanctum
4. Siege and Storm
5. Shadows

Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2) by Nalini Singh This Shattered World (Starbound, #2) by Amie Kaufman Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1) by Sarah Fine Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Shadows (Ashes Trilogy, #2) by Ilsa J. Bick

message 5: by Danielle (last edited Dec 27, 2015 03:48AM) (new)

Danielle | 51 comments December Challenge- TRB Clean-Up Challenge

10/10 Completed

✔️ 1- Revealed by P.C Cast
2- Shadow Study by Maria V Snyder
✔️ 3- Flesh and Fire by Laure Anne Gilman
✔️ 4- Dark Celebration by Christine Feehan
✔️ 5- Second Stone by Kelley Walker
✔️ 6- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
✔️ 7- The Calling by Jennifer Ashley
✔️ 8- Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews
✔️ 9- The Wicked by Thea Harrison
✔️ 10- Escaping Destiny by Amelia Hutchins

Alternates
1- Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
✔️ 2- When Darkness Ends by Alexandra Ivy
3- Anew by Chelsea Fine
4- Shadow Kin by M.J. Scott
5- Deceived by Stephanie Nelson

Flesh and Fire (Vineart War #1) by Laura Anne Gilman The Calling (Immortals, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Second Stone (Souls of the Stones, #2) by Kelly Walker Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3) by Amelia Hutchins Revealed (House of Night, #11) by P.C. Cast The Wicked (Elder Races, #5.5) by Thea Harrison Dark Celebration (Dark Carpathian, #17) by Christine Feehan When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity, #12) by Alexandra Ivy

message 7: by Alison (Lady Coffin) (last edited Mar 02, 2016 01:47AM) (new)

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 184 comments I'm in
Not sure if I can pull it off with doing the AMMP Winter Wonderland Iditarod Race and all the holiday stuff going on, but I will sure try.

7/10 Completed +1 Extra
Clear off the TBR pile and dust those books December’s Challenge
Books must be pre-selected and posted to the thread. You are allowed 5 alternates

1 ~ Carniepunk by Rachel Caine, Jennifer Estep, Kevin Hearne etc... done 12-13-15
2 ~ American Gods by Neil Gaiman done 12-13-15
3 ~ Widow's Web by Jennifer Estep
4 ~ Shaman Rises by C.E. Murphy
5 ~ Cast in Honor by Michelle Sagara done 12-29-15
6 ~ Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger
7 ~ The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin done 12-06-15
8 ~ You're Never Weird on the Internet by Felicia Day
9 ~ Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond by Kim Harrison
10 ~ Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Alternates
1 ~ Hex and the City by Simon R. Green done 12-15-15
2 ~ Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep done 12-30-15
3 ~ Trailer Park Fae by Lilith Saintcrow
4 ~ Tracking the Tempest by Nicole Peeler
5 ~ Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng done 12-13-15

extra In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick done 12-23-15

reading ~ ~
READ ~ ~ ~ The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin Carniepunk by Rachel Caine American Gods by Neil Gaiman Hex and the City (Nightside, #4) by Simon R. Green Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng In the Heart of the Sea The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick Cast in Honor by Michelle Sagara Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 8: by Matiah (new)

Matiah | 11 comments I'll post my picks soon.

message 11: by Tina (last edited Dec 28, 2015 01:02PM) (new)

Tina Pegar (rainingdaisy) | 149 comments Hooray for a challenge using my unloved books.

Completed: 7/10

1. One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey December 4th
2. Boundary Crossed by Melissa Olson December 9th
3. Breath of Air by Kate Jennings December 13th
4. Justice Calling by Annie Bellet December 27th
5. If I Should Die by Amy Plum
6. Lonely Souls by Katrice Bolton Currently Reading
7. Marked by Sarah Fine
8. Airel by Aaron M. Patterson
9. Redeemed by P.C. Cast
10. Privilege by Kate Brian
One Good Knight (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #2) by Mercedes Lackey Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1) by Melissa F. Olson Breath of Air (Dryad Quartet #1) by Katie Jennings Justice Calling (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #1) by Annie Bellet Lonely Souls (Witch Avenue, #1) by Karice Bolton Marked (Servants of Fate, #1) by Sarah Fine Airel (The Airel Saga, #1) by Aaron M. Patterson Redeemed (House of Night, #12) by P.C. Cast Privilege (Privilege, #1) by Kate Brian If I Should Die (Revenants, #3) by Amy Plum

Alt:
1. Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey December 20th
2. Born by Tara Brown
3. Darkness Brutal by Rachel Marks
4. Soundless by Richelle Mead December 28th
5. Queen by Aimee Carter December 23rd
Fortune's Fool (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #3) by Mercedes Lackey Born (Born, #1) by Tara Brown Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1) by Rachel A. Marks Queen (The Blackcoat Rebellion #3) by Aimee Carter Soundless by Richelle Mead

message 12: by KritikaB (last edited Dec 08, 2015 08:20PM) (new)

KritikaB | 103 comments Ohh...sounds good. I got lots and lots in the TBR. I'll try to come up with the list soon. ^ ^

0/10 READ

10 books from TBR
1.Blood Assassin - Currently reading
2.On the Hunt
3.The Dream Crafter
4.Rogue's Passion
5.Lord of the Fading Lands
6.Born of Night
7.Wolfen
8.Blaze of Secrets
9.The Prize of Pursuit
10.A Tale of Two Djinns

Blood Assassin (The Sentinels, #2) by Alexandra Ivy On the Hunt (The Sentinels, #2.5; Immortal Guardians, #5.5; Underworld Detection Agency #6.5) by Alexandra Ivy The Dream Crafter (Entwined Realms, #2) by Danielle Monsch Rogue's Passion (Iron Portal, #2) by Laurie London Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Wolfen by Alianne Donnelly Blaze of Secrets (Asylums for Magical Threats, #1) by Jessie Donovan The Prize of Pursuit by Claire Harris A Tale of Two Djinns by Mina Khan

5 Alternatives
1.Dragon Bound
2.Aislin of Arianrhod
3.Shadow's Claim
4.To Tame A Highland Warrior
5.A Quick Bite

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison Aislin of Arianrhod by S.L. Jesberger Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #13; The Dacians, #1) by Kresley Cole To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander #2) by Karen Marie Moning A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1) by Lynsay Sands

message 13: by ♥Lynn ♥ (last edited Dec 03, 2015 08:00AM) (new)

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments I'm In!! I have to go back to 2009 when I joined GR to get rid of a few.

10 books from TBR
1. The King by J.R. Ward
2.Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole
3.Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
4.Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur
5.Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews

The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12) by J.R. Ward Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Rosemary and Rue (October Daye #1) by Seanan McGuire Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews

5 Alternatives

message 14: by Amy (last edited Dec 18, 2015 12:29PM) (new)

Amy | 0 comments December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
2/10 Completed
Joined March 2014, but first books added in July 2014.

1. Queen of Someday -- added July 2014 -- Completed 12/04/15
2. The Force of Wind -- added July 2014 -- CURRENTLY READING
3. An Ember in the Ashes -- added July 2014 -- completed 12/02/15
4. The Siren -- added July 2014
5. Graceling -- added July 2014 -- completed 12/15/15
6. The Heart of Betrayal -- added November 2015
7. Lenobia's Vow -- added November 2015
8. Snow Like Ashes -- added February 2015 -- completed 12/17/15
9. The Winner's Curse -- added July 2014
10. Cress -- added October 2014

Alternates:
Betrayed -- added May 2015
Of Poseidon -- added August 2014
Half Bad -- added April 2015
A Discovery of Witches -- added July 2014
Chosen -- added May 2015

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1) by Sherry D. Ficklin Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 61 comments Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
December 2015
Duration:
12/1/2015 - 12/31/2015

Every December that I’ve done this challenge, we’ve done the tried and true “Clear off the TBR pile and dust those books.” So, again, that is what we are doing for the end of the year here.

Books must be preselected and posted to the thread. You are allowed 5 alternates in case you find that you can’t get hold of one of your books (it’s disappeared, someone borrowed it and didn’t return it, your books are still packed up after moving, etc.) SO, 10 books from your TBR mounta—er pile, plus 5 back-ups. Try to pick books that have been lurking on the bottom of the pile and feeling lonely and unloved. (Unless you have library books that must be read and returned. Everyone knows that library books always feel unloved, since people are always returning them to the library rather than keeping them.)

Progress: 0 out of 10
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2. Foundation by Isaac Asimov
3. Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
4. Neuromancer by William Gibson
5. Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
6. How to Read your Child Like a Book by Lynn Weiss
7. The Bitch Rules by Elizabeth Wurtzel
8. When Moms and Kids Have ADD by Patricia O. Quinn
9. Gardening Basics for Dummies by Steven A. Frownie
10. Surrender Bay by Denice Hunter

Back-Ups
1. The Seaside Letters by Denise Hunter
2. The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
3. Sweetwater Gap by Denise Hunter
4. Mending Places by Denise Hunter
5. Saving Grace by Denise Hunter

message 16: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 119 comments At most I think I'll only read 5 books this month (that's my normal number of books in a month now) but I'll try for 10.

December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
0/10 Completed

1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas -Currently Reading--
2. The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George (This has been in my currently read list since January I will finish it before 2016)
3. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
4. The Diviners by Libba Bray
5. Sweet Ruin by Kresley Cole
6. Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas
7. Seduction Game by Pamela Clare
8. Dark Storm by Christine Feehan
9. MESMERIZED by Michael Bates
10. Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #15) by Kresley Cole Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Seduction Game (I-Team, #7) by Pamela Clare Dark Storm (Dark, #23) by Christine Feehan MESMERIZED (Bloodlust) by Michael Bates Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Back-Ups

1. GORGEOUS by Michael Bates
2. A Million Suns by Beth Revis
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
4. Sins of the Father by Christopher Golden
5. Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews

GORGEOUS (Bloodlust) by Michael Bates A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Sins of the Father (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 3, #1) by Christopher Golden Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews

message 17: by Larissa (last edited Dec 11, 2015 10:17AM) (new)

message 18: by Aminko (last edited Dec 30, 2015 08:52AM) (new)

Aminko | 48 comments December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
3/10 Completed

1. When Darkness Comes by Alexandra Ivy 25/12/2015
2. Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
3. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
4. Blood Hunger by L.E. Wilson
5. Born in Blood by Alexandra Ivy
6. Wolf Fever by Milly Taiden
7. Desire Untamed by Pamela Palmer
8. Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson
9. God Save the Queen by Kate Locke 16/12/2015
10. Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost

When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunterverse #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Blood Hunger (Deathless Night Series #1) by L.E. Wilson Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Wolf Fever (Alpha Project, #1) by Milly Taiden Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1) by Pamela Palmer Wicked as They Come (Blud, #1) by Delilah S. Dawson God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1) by Kate Locke Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3) by Jeaniene Frost

Alternates

1. Night Unbound by Dianne Duvall
2. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole
3. Consumed by Rebecca Zanetti 29/12/2015
4. Justice by Laurann Dohner
5. Love Me to Death by Marissa Clarke

Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5) by Dianne Duvall Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4) by Kresley Cole Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti Justice (New Species, #4) by Laurann Dohner Love Me to Death (Underveil, #1) by Marissa Clarke

message 20: by Irene (new)

Irene (irenemikhaylova) | 478 comments TBR Clean-up Challenge
4/10

1. The Shadows by J.R. Ward
2. Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh
3. Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd
4. Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole
5. Goddess with a Blade by Lauren Dane 06/12/2015 4*
6. I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe 01/12/2015 5*
7. I Loved a Rogue by Katharine Ashe 03/12/2015 4*
8. Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips 06/12/2015 5*
9. Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon
10. One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Goddess with a Blade (Goddess With A Blade, #1) by Lauren Dane I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2) by Katharine Ashe I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3) by Katharine Ashe Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

Alternatives:
1. Tarnished Knight by Bec McMaster
2. Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews
3. Reaver by Larissa Ione
4. Blood Cross by Faith Hunter
5. Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance

Tarnished Knight (London Steampunk, #1.5) by Bec McMaster Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Reaver (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10) by Larissa Ione Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2) by Faith Hunter Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

message 22: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 119 comments December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
1/10 Completed

1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas ★ ★ ★ ★ 12/5/15
2. The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George (This has been in my currently read list since January I will finish it before 2016)

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #16) by Kresley Cole Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Seduction Game (I-Team, #7) by Pamela Clare Dark Storm (Dark, #23) by Christine Feehan MESMERIZED (Bloodlust) by Michael Bates Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Back-Ups

3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

GORGEOUS (Bloodlust) by Michael Bates A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman Sins of the Father (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 3, #1) by Christopher Golden Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews

message 23: by Irene (new)

5/10

3. Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd 08/12/2015 ★★★
5. Goddess with a Blade by Lauren Dane 06/12/2015 ★★★★
6. I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe 01/12/2015 ★★★★★
7. I Loved a Rogue by Katharine Ashe 03/12/2015 ★★★★
8. Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips 06/12/2015 ★★★★★

The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Goddess with a Blade (Goddess With A Blade, #1) by Lauren Dane I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2) by Katharine Ashe I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3) by Katharine Ashe Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

Alternatives:
1. Tarnished Knight by Bec McMaster

Tarnished Knight (London Steampunk, #1.5) by Bec McMaster Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Reaver (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10) by Larissa Ione Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2) by Faith Hunter Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

message 25: by Irene (new)

6/10

Alternatives:
1. Tarnished Knight by Bec McMaster 09/12/2015 ★★★★★

message 26: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 119 comments December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
2/10 Completed

1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★ 12/5/15

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #16) by Kresley Cole Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Seduction Game (I-Team, #7) by Pamela Clare Dark Storm (Dark, #23) by Christine Feehan MESMERIZED (Bloodlust) by Michael Bates Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Back-Ups

3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff ★★★★1/2 12/8/15

message 27: by Irene (new)

7/10

Alternatives:
3. Reaver by Larissa Ione 11/12/2015 ♫♫♫♫♫

message 28: by Drea (new)

Drea TBR Clean-up
6/10

1 Alejandro's Sorceress★★★ 12/6/15
2 Aran★★★ 12/4/15
3 Born of Fury
4 Dark Moon★★★ 12/11/15
5 Date with Death★★★ 12/2/15
6 I Burn for You
7 Femme Metal★★★ 12/8/15
8 Into the Darkness
9 A Night of Secrets
10 Retribution★★ 12/7/15

Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day Aran (Love me Harder, #1) by Serena Simpson Born of Fury (The League, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Moon by Rebecca York Date with Death (Welcome to Hell, #2.5) by Eve Langlais I Burn for You (Primes, #1) by Susan Sizemore Femme Metal (Femme Metal, #1) by Nathalie Gray Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1) by K.F. Breene A Night of Secrets (Night #1) by Lori Brighton Retribution (Revenge II) by Jaycee Clark

Alternates
1 Bethany's Rite
2 Frost Burned
3 Cain's Identity
4 Raphael
5 Jacob's Faith

Bethany's Rite (Ilyrian Destiny, #1) by Eve Jameson Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs Cain's Identity (Scanguards Vampires, #9) by Tina Folsom Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #11) by Lora Leigh

message 29: by KritikaB (last edited Jan 03, 2016 08:35PM) (new)

message 30: by Drea (new)

Drea TBR Clean-up
8/10

2 Aran★★★ 12/4/15
3 Born of Fury
4 Dark Moon★★★ 12/11/15
6 I Burn for You
7 Femme Metal★★★ 12/8/15
8 Into the Darkness★★ 12/14/15
9 A Night of Secrets ★★★ 12/18/15
10 Retribution★★ 12/7/15

Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day Aran (Love me Harder, #1) by Serena Simpson Born of Fury (The League, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Moon by Rebecca York Date with Death (Welcome to Hell, #2.5) by Eve Langlais I Burn for You (Primes, #1) by Susan Sizemore Femme Metal (Femme Metal, #1) by Nathalie Gray Into the Darkness (Darkness, #1) by K.F. Breene A Night of Secrets (Night #1) by Lori Brighton Retribution (Revenge II) by Jaycee Clark

Alternates
1 Bethany's Rite
2 Frost Burned
3 Cain's Identity
4 Raphael
5 Jacob's Faith

Bethany's Rite (Ilyrian Destiny, #1) by Eve Jameson Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs Cain's Identity (Scanguards Vampires, #9) by Tina Folsom Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #11) by Lora Leigh

message 31: by Irene (new)

8/10

10. One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost 18/12/2015 ★★★★

The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6) by Kresley Cole Goddess with a Blade (Goddess With A Blade, #1) by Lauren Dane I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2) by Katharine Ashe I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3) by Katharine Ashe Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

Alternatives:

message 32: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

3/10 Completed

1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★ 12/5/15
5. Sweet Ruin by Kresley Cole ★★★★1/2 12/12/15

Back-Ups

3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff ★★★★1/2 12/8/15

message 34: by Irene (new)

9/10

1. The Shadows by J.R. Ward 20/12/2015 ★★★★★

The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6) by Kresley Cole Goddess with a Blade (Goddess With A Blade, #1) by Lauren Dane I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2) by Katharine Ashe I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3) by Katharine Ashe Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

Alternatives:

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 184 comments 5/10 Completed +1 Extra
Clear off the TBR pile and dust those books December’s Challenge

reading ~ ~ Cast in Honor by Michelle Sagara
READ ~ ~ ~ The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin Carniepunk by Rachel Caine American Gods by Neil Gaiman Hex and the City (Nightside, #4) by Simon R. Green Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng In the Heart of the Sea The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick

message 36: by Irene (new)

10/10 DONE

The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood #13) by J.R. Ward Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6) by Kresley Cole Goddess with a Blade (Goddess With A Blade, #1) by Lauren Dane I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2) by Katharine Ashe I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3) by Katharine Ashe Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

Alternatives:
2. Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews 24/12/2015 ★★★★★

message 37: by Drea (new)

Drea TBR Clean-up
10/10. All done

2 Aran★★★ 12/4/15
3 Born of Fury
4 Dark Moon★★★ 12/11/15
6 I Burn for You★★★★ 12/23/15
7 Femme Metal★★★ 12/8/15
8 Into the Darkness★★ 12/14/15
9 A Night of Secrets ★★★ 12/18/15
10 Retribution★★ 12/7/15

Alternates
1 Bethany's Rite
2 Frost Burned
3 Cain's Identity
4 Raphael
5 Jacob's Faith★★★★ 12/24/15

message 38: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 51 comments challenge completed, 10/10 read

Flesh and Fire (Vineart War #1) by Laura Anne Gilman The Calling (Immortals, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Second Stone (Souls of the Stones, #2) by Kelly Walker Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3) by Amelia Hutchins Revealed (House of Night, #11) by P.C. Cast The Wicked (Elder Races, #5.5) by Thea Harrison Dark Celebration (Dark #17) by Christine Feehan When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity, #12) by Alexandra Ivy

message 39: by Irene (new)

11/10 DONE

4. Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole 28/12/2015 ★★★★

The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood #13) by J.R. Ward Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6) by Kresley Cole Goddess with a Blade (Goddess With A Blade, #1) by Lauren Dane I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2) by Katharine Ashe I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3) by Katharine Ashe Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

Alternatives:

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 238 comments December's TBR Clean-up Challenge
10/10 Completed

1. Winter by Marissa Meyer 12/7/2015 *****
2. Time's Divide by Rysa Walker 12/19/2015 ****
3. Illusionarium by Heather Dixon 12/9/2015 ***
4. Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert- Martin 12/4/2015 ****
5. Firewalker by Josephine Angelini 12/20/2015 ***
6. Cast in Honor by Michelle Sagara 12/14/2015 *****
7. The Web by Megan Chance 12/25/2015 ****
8. Origin by Jessica Khoury 12/13/2015 ***
9. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare 12/27/2015 ***
10. Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling 12/27/2015 ***

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3) by Rysa Walker Illusionarium by Heather Dixon Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1) by Kristen Lippert-Martin Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2) by Josephine Angelini Cast in Honor (Chronicles of Elantra, #11) by Michelle Sagara The Web (The Fianna Trilogy, #2) by Megan Chance Origin (Corpus, #1) by Jessica Khoury The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3) by J.K. Rowling

Alternates:
1. Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward
2. The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman
3. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
4. Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
5. Charged by G.P. Ching

Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1) by Frank Beddor Glitch (Glitch, #1) by Heather Anastasiu Charged (The Grounded Trilogy, #2) by G.P. Ching

message 41: by Irene (last edited Dec 31, 2015 08:06AM) (new)

13/10 DONE

2. Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh 31/12/2015 ♫♫♫♫♫
4. Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole 28/12/2015 ★★★★
9. Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon 29/12/2015 ♫♫♫♫

Alternatives: