Who's Your Author? discussion

Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1)
This topic is about Blood Kiss
Archives 2015 > December BOM Blood Kiss

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments The December BOM is Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward

The legacy of the Black Dagger Brotherhood continues in a spin-off series from the #1 New York Times bestselling author…

Paradise, blooded daughter of the king’s First Advisor, is ready to break free from the restrictive life of an aristocratic female. Her strategy? Join the Black Dagger Brotherhood’s training center program and learn to fight for herself, think for herself…be herself. It’s a good plan, until everything goes wrong. The schooling is unfathomably difficult, the other recruits feel more like enemies than allies, and it’s very clear that the Brother in charge, Butch O’Neal, a.k.a. the Dhestroyer, is having serious problems in his own life.

And that’s before she falls in love with a fellow classmate. Craeg, a common civilian, is nothing her father would ever want for her, but everything she could ask for in a male. As an act of violence threatens to tear apart the entire program, and the erotic pull between them grows irresistible, Paradise is tested in ways she never anticipated—and left wondering whether she’s strong enough to claim her own power…on the field, and off.

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana | 4 comments I think I will really enjoy this book. Can't wait.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments I'm interested to see where Ward takes this one.

Namita I'm looking forward to this book.

message 5: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I am kind of leery about this one but I put it on hold at the library so we shall see

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments Dawn wrote: "I am kind of leery about this one but I put it on hold at the library so we shall see"

I here you. I went the library route too. Somehow I ended up being 1st for the downloadable audio.

message 7: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I am kind of leery about this one but I put it on hold at the library so we shall see"

I here you. I went the library route too. Somehow I ended up being 1st for the downloadable audio."

That is awesome I think I am #24 and it is not even available yet. I hope there are several copies otherwise I will be discussing it next fall lol

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments Dawn wrote: "That is awesome I think I am #24 and it is not even available yet. I hope there are several copies otherwise I will be discussing it next fall lol"

Do they normally get more than one copy of Ward's other books? I would think if they did, they should now.

message 9: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "That is awesome I think I am #24 and it is not even available yet. I hope there are several copies otherwise I will be discussing it next fall lol"

Do they normally get more than one ..."

I am on the ebook list and historically for popular authors they get between 8-12 so I am hoping this will be the case but there have been times when there are only 3 or 4 books available which kind of sucks!

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 28 comments Just waiting for mine to arrive!!

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments Well, I loaded this one up on my ipod this morning and as I was working from home was able to listen to it all.

Here's my review.

I will fully admit I went into this one being very leery. In fact instead of purchasing this one I requested it from my library having lost a bit of faith in Ward and where things were going with the BDB. Now after having read it, I will be getting the audio book from audible to add to my collection. This book so reminded me of the early BDB books, the ones were we had the couple of the book and a little bit of other things in their world. I found it interesting that Ward choose to feature Butch and Marissa so much, mostly because in a lot of ways their relationship mirrored what Paradise and Craeg were going through.

Butch and Marissa have been a favorite couple, so I hated to see that they had issues in this book, especially as so much of it had to do with their past. Mary was spot on though, that neither of them really dealt with their issues, just buried them. It was only as they were able to talk about them, that their person made them see what they knew they should. You know that they will be stronger after this.

I found myself very intrigued with the training class and what the Brothers were trying to do. I really liked that it was open to all classes of vampires and any sex. The weeding out process was beyond insane!! There is no way in hell that I would have even made it one step, let alone what they all went through. It was during this process that Paradise won me over. I liked that she wanted to help the others when they were faltering, hell...the only reason Peyton even made it was because of her. The one highlight to this was Lassiter and his swim gear. WTH!

I found the early interactions between Paradise and Craeg to be sweet. Craeg so fought things and we know what happens then. I liked that others pushed them together, that Paradise didn't give up and went after Craeg. I knew that her keeping her status a secret wouldn't be good, so when it came out I wasn't surprised and Craeg disappointed me.

The drama at the end surprised me in that I hadn't guessed the bad guy, usually I can. I loved that Paradise took her training and used it! Better was her fathers reaction to everything, that is what should happen, not what happened to Craeg's father.

I'm really excited to read the next book, to see where things go from here for the next generation.

Arkrazormama | 4 comments I was so excited about Decembers new releases I didn't know where to start ... Well I actually did, I started with K Cole and it was Awesome.... So Blood kiss was next and I can't tell you how much I loved this book. I liked the BDB but somehow I enjoyed them more in the background I can't wait for the next one in this series

Missyb | 52 comments loved the book, especially the different side of the guys we get to see. The training start was great. Put you on your toes from the get go. Good twist with the "bad guy". I liked how the old & new characters were intermixed.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blood Kiss (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.R. Ward (other topics)