What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Children of the Lost (The Lost Mystery Trilogy #1)
This topic is about The Children of the Lost
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book written in 2000s or 2010s about wife or daughter who gets kidnapped on camping trip and taken to underground bunker [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luke (new) - added it

Luke (luke_4c) | 3 comments It seems like there were people, children perhaps, being held in a secret underground facility. They may have been being experimented on. And then maybe somebody escaped and got the authorities on the trail. I think somebody at the hospital was in on this operation. I was sure this was written by Frank Peretti or Ted Dekker but after perusing their bibliographies, I've concluded it must have had a different author (I'm not looking for "Monster" which has similarities).

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Set in a particular country?

message 3: by Luke (new) - added it

Luke (luke_4c) | 3 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Set in a particular country?"

United States definitely. Maybe central to western US?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Links to references above - Monster by Frank E. Peretti; also Ted Dekker.

message 5: by Luke (new) - added it

Luke (luke_4c) | 3 comments I found it. It's the Lost Trilogy by Franklin W. Dixon (part of the Hardy Boys series). https://www.goodreads.com/series/8244...

The boys go on a chilling mission—camping in the woods where children have suddenly begun to disappear. Every time a child disappears, the word "LOST" has appeared outside their tent…and they are never heard from again. The boys think they’ve got things covered; they’re ATAC agents after all. But when an "L" appears outside their tent their first night in the woods, things take a turn for the creepy.

Some of my details were off. One of the boys got abducted, not a wife or daughter :) Thanks guys for your help!

message 6: by Kris (last edited Dec 01, 2015 07:48AM) (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Glad you found your book!

Interesting, at first I thought this was a reboot of the Hardy Boys. Then I noticed they've been publishing this series continuously since 1927.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Monster (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ted Dekker (other topics)
Frank E. Peretti (other topics)