Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Self-Promo: Books and Blogs > My blog is now live!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
I've been told that as a soon-to-be self-pub author, I need to have a blog, so I made one. Still a work in progress, obviously, but I have a Thanksgiving-themed post and a book review of one of our members' latest. Also some personal info for the curious (don't get TOO excited; nothing juicy). Views and shares appreciated. Trying to build something up before the book comes out.
http://marinafontaine.blogspot.com/

message 2: by VMom (new)

VMom (votermom) | 46 comments Looks good!

I like how you put the book reviews on their own page - very neat! How do you do that?

I started my blog this month too (book reviews and sale alerts mostly) - bookhorde.org

Let me know if you want to do a link exchange ... my email is vm at bookhorde.org

When is your book coming out?

message 3: by Marina (new)

Neat blog! I still have to figure out how to do all the features on Blogger. But Pages are easy--you just add a Gadget to the crossbar on top.

I'm hoping to get my book out before Christmas or early January. Waiting for internal formatting to be done, and not sure how fast Create Space moves after that. No worries, I'll be promoting it here once it's ready!

VMom, are you on Facebook by any chance? You should join my group; you'd fit right in, judging by your blog.

message 4: by VMom (new)

VMom (votermom) | 46 comments Facebook is tricky for me - I actually have two FB accounts - one is a fake one I opened a while ago for a politics blog I help admin, and one is my real name one which is just for family, no opinions on nuttin.
Would you be ok with the fake name one? It's not a troll account, just anonymized.

message 5: by Marina (new)

E-mail me your screen name so I know it's you when I see the request. Or friend me on FB (my avatar is a new Sad Puppies logo) and I'll add you directly.

message 6: by Marina (last edited Dec 10, 2015 05:31PM) (new)

For anyone who hasn't seen it before, I re-posted my Chanukah poem from a couple of years prior on my blog. Not everyone is familiar with the story, and I think the theme is relevant to our times, no matter your religion or lack thereof. Enjoy!
http://marinafontaine.blogspot.com/20...

message 7: by VMom (new)

VMom (votermom) | 46 comments Marina wrote: "For anyone who hasn't seen it before, I re-psoted my Chanukah poem from a couple of years prior on my blog. Not everyone is familiar with the story, and I think the theme is relevant to our times, ..."

Happy Hannukkah! (it's not too late , is it?)

message 8: by Marina (new)

Thanks! It's a whole week, starting last night.

message 9: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Attaway (tommyattaway) | 17 comments In before the holiday is over

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane Baker | 75 comments Happy Hanukkah to you!

message 11: by Marina (new)

VMom wrote:

I like how you put the book reviews on their own page - very neat! How do you do that?

This has more steps than you probably need, but once you have your label that you want to make into a page, click on it to copy the URL, then go straight to Step 4.

http://www.designerblogs.com/how-to-l...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Marina wrote: "I've been told that as a soon-to-be self-pub author, I need to have a blog, so I made one. Still a work in progress, obviously, but I have a Thanksgiving-themed post and a book review of one of our..."

Your blog is great! Congrats on all of these wonderful milestones, especially your soon to be published book!