Tumblr Bookclub! discussion

Other > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (last edited Nov 27, 2015 09:47AM) (new)

Amber (b00kishfantasy) | 22 comments Mod
Since we are all in this group together *insert High School Musical lyrics* I thought it would be nice if we all introduce ourselves :)

So I am Amber, I'm 17 years old (birthday is on the 21st of June) and I live in Amsterdam. I study journalism on a school called Media College, which is in Amsterdam as well.

Besides reading I also love to write and my biggest dream is to become an author. I am currently writing two books, this is the link to the first one https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/41792....
I also love to draw and play the piano and the guitar. If you want to know more about me, you are free to send me a message :)

I completely forgot this (I'm an idiot)
My fav book genre is fantasy and my fav series are the Throne Of Glass series and the Song Of Ice And Fire series. Sarah J Maas is definitely my fav author, she is such an inspiration for me.
I have so many more fav books and series, but those two are on the top of my list.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (iamhorriblylimited) | 8 comments Hello! I am Danielle, 24, and I work as a reference librarian. I love my job and books so much. I am definitely more of a fiction person.
Some of my favorite books are:
The Awakening, The Great Gatsby, Harry Potter series,
1984, The Kite Runner, and so many more. :)
I love YA fiction just as much as adult fiction. I am aiming to read more adult fiction and short stories.

message 3: by Book-Addict (new)

Book-Addict | 6 comments Hi! My name is Ashlyn, but most of my friends just call me ash. I'm 16 and sadly still cannot drive because I'm too busy reading to actually commit to attending drivers ed.
My favorite books include The Book Thief, To all the boys Ive loved before, Impulse, and Gone girl. I read mainly YA books, but still enjoy some adult fiction from time to time.
When I'm not reading, I'm writing, and when I'm not writing you can find me sitting at a piano playing whatever I'm working on currently.
I think that's about it..I'm excited to start reading your monthly picks! I'm already in the process of reading Carry On and so far so good. Talk to y'all later!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (loorbladl) | 2 comments I am such a boring person but here goes nothing:
My name is Laura and I'm 20 years old. I live in Germany and don't go to any school or college at the moment. I'm trying to join the army though to study Psychology there :)

I really love chocolate and all things sweet:) I love contemporary and fantasy books and sometimes dystopian but I've read waaay too many of those so now I kind of had enough :D
Anyway I also love animals especially cats and moose :D My favorite TV shows are Person of Interest, Teen Wolf, Arrow, Revenge, Psych, Criminal Minds and sooo many more...

Mhm well thats about it. I told ya'll I'm a boring person

message 5: by Pavel (new)

Pavel Chekov (allonsyten) | 3 comments hi I'm felicity (not my real name but i prefer that atm) I'm 15 from Indonesia. my fav book so far is shatter me series by tahereh mafi and harry potter series by jk rowling. my favorite genre is adventure.

message 6: by Pavel (new)

Pavel Chekov (allonsyten) | 3 comments hi I'm felicity (not my real name but i prefer that atm) I'm 15 from Indonesia. my fav book so far is shatter me series by tahereh mafi and harry potter series by jk rowling. my favorite genre is adventure.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (madeupofbooks) | 7 comments Hello, I'm Amy. I live in Greece (am half Greek, half Australian). I think I'm the oldest here. orz I'm 27. I studied Fine Art/Photography in England, though I spend most of my days writing now and finishing my book.

I mostly read YA and my fav genre is fantasy and dystopia sci-fi. I like to stories where the characters grow and develop as they go through all these things.

Some of my favs are: the Grisha trilogy, Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Throne of Glass, several Michael Crichton and Haruki Murakami books. Oh, Paper Towns, The Book Thief... ah there's just too many. I'll stop now.

Nice to meet you all!

Kat (Bookish Blades) (katfromminasmorgul) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Kat. I'm 19 and from Germany and I study egyptology (which is so amazing btw). I like reading and writing, also binge watching shows and having LOTR marathons.
I read basically anything except for horror and crime...

my favourite books include Harry Potter, Throne of Glass, The Raven Cycle, Percy Jackson, The Elven, Lord of the Rings, Ugly Love, The Lunar Chronicles and so many, many more :)

message 9: by Jorja (new)

Jorja Rose | 1 comments Hello, my name is Jorja. I am 14 and live in Australia. I am just about to finish grade 9 and my favourite subject is HPE. I hope to one day have a career that involves sport.

I haven't been reading for that long but my favourite books so far would be the Book Thief and the Throne of Glass series. My favourite genre is historical fiction and fantasy.

message 10: by Madge (new)

Madge (madge_the_bibliomaniac) Hey, I'm Madge. I'm 26, from the east coast of the US. I'm horribly boring, so my apologies. I'm currently a stay at home mom because I'm homeschooling my kid. I've been a reader as long as I can remember and I'm trying to get my offspring hooked on books with lit based schooling. When I'm not reading or online, I write, watch movies and shows, sometimes crochet, knit, and play some video games.

I read a little of just about everything, but my favorite genres are probably YA, fantasy, classics, and dystopians.

message 11: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) | 1 comments Hello I'm Hayley, and I think I'm the senior citizen rn at the grand old age of 29 :P

Give me fantasy, historical fiction, some YA and the occasional classic & I promise not to disturb anyone ;)
Outside of reading I work in an office, study in the evenings for an Open University degree and go do some exercise as well ;) Also knit and pretend I can quilt :P

message 12: by Kortney (new)

Kortney Allen (kortneyallenxo) Hi I'm Kortney! I just turned 21, although I'm not a partier-unless you count dancing alone with my dog to my Beatles records in my room. I live in the chilly state of Wisconsin, but won't complain since winter hasn't been too bad this year. My dream life would be living in Australia working with sea creatures, not a clue doing what. Just some kind of animal work. I'm a big animal rights activist and a vegetarian going vegan! I'm honestly a big geek, I love reading and watching tv series. Although I mostly read young adult books, I will occasionally read a book or two from the adult section.

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen (woahkaren) | 2 comments Hi I'm Karen, I'm 15 years old and I'm from the Netherlands.
Some of my favorites are: Percy Jackson, throne of glass, acotar, red queen, the mortal instruments, the hunger games, all the bright places, the book thief etc.
Beside reading I also enjoy chemistry (I'm kind of a nerd), play field hockey, and eat a lot.

message 14: by Ash (new)

Ash (moonleafdruid) Hi hello there. I'm Michelle (also from The Netherlands like Amber and Karen wow HI DUTCHIES) and I'm 20 years old. I love reading a lot, I try to read different types of books with some of my favourites being: Six of Crows, Nimona, any Rick Riordan books, Carry On, any V.E. Schwab books and many more.
I'm currently studying to become an English teacher here in NL and I'm also a creative writer.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Randi, I'm 21 ( birthday is September 19th!) and I'm from Michigan. I work at a bookstore.

I love reading Young adult fantasy, well anything fantasy really! I'm not a picky reader.

Some of my favorite books series are Throne of Glass, Grisha Trilogy, Six of Crows, TMI & TID, Steel & Stone, and The Lunar Chronicles.

message 16: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Hernandez | 1 comments Hey! My name is Beatrice and I'm 19 years old! Currently I'm in college and am leaning towards and English major but it's still undecided. I love reading paranormal and young adult books. And my favorite series would have to be The Mortal Instruments.

message 17: by Thea (new)

Thea (spunkywench) | 7 comments Hi everyone! I'm Lydia, but you can just call me Lyd! I'm 20, also from the East Coast, and I'm currently pursuing an undergrad Neuroscience degree. I love YA fantasy or magical realism with a pinch of romance (well, more like a healthy helping of it really!). I also really enjoy sci fi and anything with slightly creepy undertones, haha! Indie books are my jam. I listen to a ton of music, and I'm pretty much just an all around goof . I also spend way too much money on tea and candles, but c'est la vie.

Some of my favorite books include Howl's Moving Castle (Diana Wynne Jones), Uprooted (Naomi Novik), A Darker Shade of Magic (VE Schwab), The Seventh Bride (T. Kingfisher), and I feel like Fairytales for Wilde Girls (Allyse Near) is going to end up on that list as well. :)

It's lovely to meet you all!

message 18: by Lana (new)

Lana | 3 comments I am the least interesting person here so I'm going to make this short. Hello! My name is Lana (real name is Luna, long story). I'm 17(birthday on August 27th), from Canada and I love fantasy, dystopian and fiction. My absolute favourite book series is The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Some of my other favorites are Shatter Me, Throne Of Glass, The Lunar Chronicles, Percy Jackson And The Olympians, and The 5th Wave! Please feel free to send me book recommendations, I'm very interested! Have a great day!

message 19: by Alexia (last edited Nov 30, 2015 07:23PM) (new)

Alexia (alxxiavasquxz) | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm Alexcia, i'm from Colorado and i love fantasy, dystopian, and contemporary fiction. Right now my favorite book series is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I also love comic books, Graphic novels, especially books made into graphic novels, and i'm a sucker for Manga. A few of my favorite books/authors are anything by David Levithan, The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan (i haven't gotten around to any of his other series, but i'm working on it), all of Stephanie Perkins' novels, The Throne of Glass series, and most of Rainbow Rowell's books.
So yeah, thats basically all there is to me. It's great getting to meet you all!! (you can totally send me book recommendations!)

message 20: by Katrin (last edited Dec 03, 2015 02:45AM) (new)

Katrin | 2 comments Hi fellow book lovers :) My name is Katrin, I'm 22 and I live in Vienna, Austria. I study Linguistics and Japanese Studies at the University of Vienna and I love spending my time cuddled under a blanket with a book in my hand.
I'm not really into YA contemporary novels but I love everything fantasy and paranormal. Some of my favorite authors are Nalini Singh, Sherrilyn Kenyon, A&E Kirk and Ilona Andrews.
It's really nice to meet all of you, can't wait to get to know all of you better :)

message 21: by Dean (new)

Dean (thereadingpal) | 3 comments Hi! I am Francesca, I am Italian and I am 17 (bday is on February 5).
I like to read, write and draw. My favourite genres are fantasy and coming of age.
Among my favourite books are Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe, Last Night I Sang to the Monster, The perks of being a Wallflower and the Percy Jackson series.

I dont know what to say more so HI!

message 22: by Shania (new)

Shania Loos (shanialoos) | 1 comments Hi there! My name is Shania, I'm also from Amsterdam and go to the same school as our admin Amber, we are even in the same class.

My hobbies are writing, reading (obviously), netflixing and photography. I have many interest but I shall spare all of you the details.

My favourite genre is fantasy, my favourite book being Shadowmagic by John Lenehan. Which is an awesome book but extremely underrated (The fandom consist of like five people, including me).

So yeah, I'm the co author of The Nameless, the link is in Amber's first post. If you would like to see more of my works, which are most likely to be fanfictions, you should follow me on wattpad: @sarcasticallystiles.

I think we're going to have a lot of fun together!

message 23: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (thebookcookie) | 3 comments Hi! My name is Hanna, I am 15 years old and live in Sweden.

I love books and to read, which is basically everything I do besides school. I'm that kind of reader who likes to read almost every kind of book, but my favourites genres are fantasy and othee YA books. I am currently reading Queen of Shadows, and the ToG series is one of my faves. Feel free to recommend books anytime!

It has been really nice to meet you, and I hope we'll get to know each other more.

Hugs! x

message 24: by Fatma (new)

Fatma (roserochester) Hi everybody!

Sorry, that this introduction comes a bit late! :(

My name is Fatma (or Rose on the internet), I'm 21 years old and live in Germany.
I love books (as everyone here, I suppose) and I am seldom without a book, no matter where I am.
As to what I read: Almost everything. I'm not so fond of crime novels and sci-fi books but with exceptions of course. If I like the topic of the book I read it, no matter if its non-fiction, YA or a classic novel.

So, I think this was it. I'm not that good with talking about myself. ;)

xxx

Rose

message 25: by Laura ✨ (new)

Laura ✨ Hi everyone!
My name is Laura, I'm 21 years old and I live in Holland. I've recently finished studying web design and I'll start an internship in January. If I'm not reading, you'll find me behind the computer watching TV Shows/movies or designing stuff. I also run 7 blogs on Tumblr, I know...

I don't really have a favorite genre. I basically just browse goodreads, put books that I like the description of on my to-read shelf and I'll pick what I want to read from that shelf depending on whatever mood I'm in.

Some of my favorite books are the Mara Dyer series, Fangirl, The Mortal Instruments series, We Were Liars, the Legend series and Girl Interrupted. I'm currently reading City of Heavenly fire by Cassandra Clare. It has been sitting on my shelf since it came out, but I couldn't bring myself to read it, I'm really going to miss this series!

That's basically it. I just joined this group, so I'm excited to read through all the intros and stuff. x Laura.

message 26: by Selina (new)

Selina James (koiizumi) Hi everyone! I found this group through Tumblr and I thought I would join.

I'm Selina, I'm 19 and I'm British (from Cornwall) but have lived in Spain (Granada) since I was 6 years old. I'm studying my first year of History in Granada University.
I love all books, varying on my mood, but I really enjoy classics, historical and horror. I also like YA novels when I feel like reading something a bit more "light hearted"

Apart from books I really enjoy travelling, language learning, music (a bit of everything but mostly rock and metal), anime and watching series. I also love animals and food.

I'm waiting for 2016 to start the New Year's reading challenge, hopefully with 60 or 70 books.

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hi There! I'm Rebecca and live in Arizona. I'm not entirely picky about what I read, but I do prefer science fiction, horror, fantasy, and surreal. I'm new to book clubs and since I saw this one one tumblr I figured I would join.

When I'm not reading I'm usually in class or at work (or even attempting to learn a new language).

message 28: by Dusica (new)

Dusica | 3 comments Hi lovely people,
My name is Dusica, I'm from Serbia. I'm 24 and I'm an English language and lit undergraduate at the University of Belgrade. I kinda want to do a masters degree somewhere abroad (preferably US), but it's still hard to pull off.
I read everything, but mainly ya lately. I just can't handle books that are all about the plot, but don't make me really care about the characters. (which is why I never got into King).
Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to join a book club for the next year and I found you guys on Tumblr. I saw that you are reading Carry On for December, which is funny, cuz I just decided to read that myself yesterday, too. If I were someone who believes in signs, that might be one.
I'm looking forward to all the booktalk and fun we'll have!

Mar ─☆*:・゚ (readwithmarit) Hi! My name is Marit, I'm 15 and I'm from the netherlands. My favorite books are: the perks of being a wallflower, the shadowhunters chronicles, the lunar chronicles, harry potter, the book thief, wonder, the spook's apprentice and vampire academy.

I mostly read YA books, but sometimes I pick something from my mom's shelf, which is mostly David Baldacci or John Grisham.

When im not reading, I'm either writing or drawing or in class (: