Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Reading Challenges > 12 Days of Christmas Challenge - December

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15073 comments Mod
December's reading challenge is The 12 Days of Christmas challenge!

photo 4a53bc3d-7a01-44d9-80c3-ebfbd16b820c_zps0c43b7e4.jpg

Here is what you do…

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:

1. A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Pear trees symbolize long life. Read a book with a character who is old. It does not have to be a main character.

2.Two Turtle Doves: Turtle doves symbolize love. Read a book about love/romance.

3. Three French Hens: French Hens symbolize hope and charity. Read a book where one of the characters volunteers or does charity work. It does not have to be a main character.

4. Four Calling Birds: Birds are sometimes considered messengers of the gods. Read a book with a god or goddess.

5.Five Golden Rings: Read a book where someone gets engaged or married.

6.Six Geese a Laying: In animal symbolism, the goose stands for faithfulness or loyalty. Read a book with a dog or about a dog.

7.Seven Swans a Swimming:Swans remind me of the ugly duckling. Read a book where one of the characters undergoes a major change or gets a makeover.

8.Eight Maids a Milking: Read a book that takes place on a farm. This does not have to be the main setting.

9.Nine Ladies Dancing: Read a book where one of the characters is a dancer or dancing takes place within the book at some point.

10.Ten Lords a Leaping: A lord is a man of noble rank or high office. Read a book with a lord/king.

11.Eleven Pipers Piping: Bagpipes are usually associated with Scotland. Read a book that takes place in Europe.

12.Twelve Drummers Drumming: Read a book about music.

You can pick and post your books now or post as you go, but do not start reading until December 1! Post what challenge level you are aiming for.

Challenge Levels:
1. Easy – read 3-5 books
2. Medium – read 6-8 books
3. Hard – read 9-12 books

message 2: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 3 comments Easy 3-5

1. A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Pear trees symbolize long life. Read a book with a character who is old. It does not have to be a main character.

2.Two Turtle Doves: Turtle doves symbolize love. Read a book about love/romance.

3. Three French Hens: French Hens symbolize hope and charity. Read a book where one of the characters volunteers or does charity work. It does not have to be a main character.

4. Four Calling Birds: Birds are sometimes considered messengers of the gods. Read a book with a god or goddess.

6.Six Geese a Laying: In animal symbolism, the goose stands for faithfulness or loyalty. Read a book with a dog or about a dog.

7.Seven Swans a Swimming:Swans remind me of the ugly duckling. Read a book where one of the characters undergoes a major change or gets a makeover.

8.Eight Maids a Milking: Read a book that takes place on a farm. This does not have to be the main setting.

9.Nine Ladies Dancing: Read a book where one of the characters is a dancer or dancing takes place within the book at some point.

10.Ten Lords a Leaping: A lord is a man of noble rank or high office. Read a book with a lord/king.

11.Eleven Pipers Piping: Bagpipes are usually associated with Scotland. Read a book that takes place in Europe.

message 3: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Dec 28, 2015 04:31PM) (new)

Leigh | 15073 comments Mod
December's reading challenge is The 12 Days of Christmas challenge!

Challenge Levels: Easy

Completed: 3/3

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:

1. A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews 12/9 *****

4. Four Calling Birds: Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5) by Jennifer Estep 12/7 ****

10.Ten Lords a Leaping: The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2) by Jennifer A. Nielsen 12/28 ****

message 4: by Katie (last edited Dec 05, 2015 04:25PM) (new)

Katie Dronenburg | 70 comments On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:

The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass

You can pick and post your books now or post as you go, but do not start reading until December 1! Post what challenge level you are aiming for.

Challenge Levels:
1. Easy – read 3-5 books
2. Medium – read 6-8 books
3. Hard – read 9-12 books

message 5: by Elle (last edited Jan 26, 2016 12:27PM) (new)

Elle (elleay) | 125 comments Challenge Level: Easy
Completed: 3/3

4. Four Calling Birds: Birds are sometimes considered messengers of the gods. Read a book with a god or goddess. American Gods 1/5/16 **** (Didn't finish before the month/year end, but finished nonetheless!)

6.Six Geese a Laying: In animal symbolism, the goose stands for faithfulness or loyalty. Read a book with a dog or about a dog. Good Dog, Carl 12/12 *** (niece recommended!)

10.Ten Lords a Leaping: A lord is a man of noble rank or high office. Read a book with a lord/king. The Dream Thieves 12/6 ****

message 6: by Ashleigh (last edited Dec 11, 2015 07:22AM) (new)

Ashleigh Challenge Level: Medium - read 6-8 books
Completed: 4/8

2.Two Turtle Doves: Turtle doves symbolize love. Read a book about love/romance. - My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories - finished 3rd December 2015

5.Five Golden Rings: Read a book where someone gets engaged or married. - Naughty Or Nice? A HarperImpulse Christmas Anthology - finished 4th December 2015

7.Seven Swans a Swimming: Swans remind me of the ugly duckling. Read a book where one of the characters undergoes a major change or gets a makeover.

8.Eight Maids a Milking: Read a book that takes place on a farm. This does not have to be the main setting. - Footsteps in the Snow and other teatime treats by Trisha Ashley - finished 9th December 2015

11.Eleven Pipers Piping: Bagpipes are usually associated with Scotland. Read a book that takes place in Europe. - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - finished 11th December 2015

12.Twelve Drummers Drumming: Read a book about music

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 502 comments 1. A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Pear trees symbolize long life. Read a book with a character who is old. It does not have to be a main character.