The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Howl’s Moving Castle (Howl’s Moving Castle, #1)
This topic is about Howl’s Moving Castle
Group Read Archive 2014-16 > YA Group Read (December 2015) - Howls' Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly, That Geeky One (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) | 1949 comments Mod
For our final month, we're looking at Howl's Moving Castle, a classic that was made into that massively popular film!

Reading started December 1st!

message 2: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new) - added it

Renee M | 4728 comments Mod
I've wanted to read this for years. I wonder if I can squeeze it in with all my "haunts?"

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments I can't wait to read this! The film adaptation by Miyazaki is one of my favourite films ever :)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) It's a pretty good read, I hope you guys enjoy it and the anime film is great too.

message 5: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (dianeterry) | 37 comments I love the anime x

Tracey | 916 comments I'm glad to see others reading this one. It's interesting to see the differences in Howl between book and movie.

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments I finally got it from the library and started it today.

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments I loved it. It's similar to the film in many ways yet different. You get a better insight into the characters. Calcifer remains my favourite character!

Camille (camillesbookishadventures) | 812 comments I loved it. It's similar to the film in many ways yet different. You get a better insight into the characters. Calcifer remains my favourite character!

Alison (a1ison74) | 12 comments I read this a few months ago and while I enjoyed it I didn't love it. I suspect I'm just a bit too old to really get it.

I did see that the film is coming on so going to watch it and see how it compares.