Goodreads Secret Santa discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Secret Santa > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (thatgirlbookworm) | 503 comments Mod
This is just a thread for all of us to become friends and get to know one another. This is not related to the secret santa but maybe you'll end up friends with the person through this before you find out who has you. :)

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veras (melissaverasr) Hello~ I'm Melissa, I'm 23 years old, from the Dominican Republic. My favorite genres are fantasy and contemporary YA, but I'm open to almost any genres out there =)

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol E. (mngiraffe) Hi! Fun idea! I love books, and love getting surprises in the mail. I'm old enough to be Melissa's grandma. (But I'm not an actual grandma yet.) I'm Carol, and I live in Minnesota where we had a cold, snowy day on this USA Thanksgiving Day. I was glad I did not have to drive anywhere. I love good lit/fiction, memoirs, and historical fiction. Nothing sappy or romantic. Yeecchh. I like "real life" books.

message 4: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 35 comments Hi My name is Sofie I am 22 years old and live in Perth Western Australia where it is currently summer! Unlike most of you who live in the Northern Hemisphere and are probably feeling a bit cold! I am obsessed with reading, my favorite genre at the moment would have to be thriller/crime but I am generally happy to give anything a try

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph | 39 comments Hello! My name is Steph and I am 24 years old. I currently live in Missouri in the United States. I had a pretty excellent Thanksgiving today with plenty of family coming in from town. Anyway, I've always loved reading. Even when I was a kid and didn't know how to read, I would memorize books on tape so I could read them to myself. I am a sucker for YA, dystopians, and classic literature.

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (bitemelovely) Hey everybody, my name is Jasmine and I'm 20 years old. I live in Tasmania, Australia (little small island near Victoria/Antarctica) and I love Young Adult books and also any Shark non-fiction books :) I'm obsessed with YA and Marine Biology (mainly Shark related).

message 7: by nathalia (new)

nathalia borghi (anathaliaborghi) Hello :D My name is Nathalia, I'm a brazilian currently living in Barcelona, Spain. I read practically everything, but I'm a bit picky with poetry and short stories, haha! I'm more in a classic mood lately and in love with Penguin books!

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (bitemelovely) Sofie wrote: "Hi My name is Sofie I am 22 years old and live in Perth Western Australia where it is currently summer! Unlike most of you who live in the Northern Hemisphere and are probably feeling a bit cold! I..."

Yay! Someone else in Australia :) Nice to meet you. :)

message 9: by SpookySoto (new)

SpookySoto (wsoto3) Hi, I'm Wendy Soto, I'm also from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I like mystery and thrillers, my favorite author is Agatha Christie, I have read all her books, and I am currently re-reading them.
I read almost everything on my kindle.
I also love to bake and cookbooks in general.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Yasmin. I'm from Massachusetts in the USA. I turned 17 this morning. :D My favorite genre is fantasy, especially high fantasy (mostly YA). <3

message 11: by far (new)

far (ketterdambrekker) Hey I'm Fern, Im 17 and obviously I love reading, I read mostly YA but I'm open to most genres. I live in Ireland and no I'm not a leprechaun just in case you were wondering :)

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee | 10 comments Hi my name is Dee and I am from cold snowy Minnesota! I love to read books , my favorites are fiction, mystery and Romance books... I think this Goodread Secret Santa is excellent idea !

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee | 10 comments Hi my name is Dee and I am from cold snowy Minnesota! I love to read books , my favorites are fiction, mystery and Romance books... I think this Goodread Secret Santa is excellent idea !

message 14: by Dee (new)

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellydillien) THIS IS SUCH A COOL IDEA, MEL!
Hiya. My name's Kelly, I'm 22 and I'm from Belgium. (I know, we're not really coming across well in the news these days.) I mostly read YA and NA. I'm also a big fan of paranormal romance, historical romance, fantasy and contemporary. Basically, if it makes me giggle and/or blush, I'm in.

message 16: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hi, Mel!
I think this is an awesome idea. Thank you for thinking of me. Anyway, I'm Dustin and am an avid Goodreads user. I used to read a LOT more, which makes me thankful for the reading time I do get. Having a three-year-old makes for very little quiet time, you know? Not that I regret having my son. I'm not. He is my world.

message 17: by Julissa (new)

Julissa (julib2) ^-^ wrote: "Hey I'm Fern, Im 17 and obviously I love reading, I read mostly YA but I'm open to most genres. I live in Ireland and no I'm not a leprechaun just in case you were wondering :)"

Hi Fern! I'm dying to go to Ireland! <3333

message 18: by Julissa (new)

Julissa (julib2) Hello everyone!

I'm Julissa, 27 years old, architect and graphic designer. I love reading coming of age stories, romance, from time to time I like dystopia, but recently I'm into mental illness books. But I'm open to any good book suggestions :)

message 19: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments I'm Terri, 31yrs old, and live in a small town in Pennsylvania :).
My reading taste is a bit all over the place... I don't read pure erotica (bores me actually haha) or horror. One of my favorite genres is Historical Fiction... specially ones set where my ancestors came from.

I've been a reader as long as I can remember... mom said I always had a book in my hand. Grandma started me on the bookworm path by reading to me when I was little.

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* (karly-thevampireninja) Hi Guys & Gals :)

My name is Karly (duh?!) and I live in BC, Canada. I read voraciously and am not really genre-specific.

One of the only genres I haven't read much of is in fact Terri's favored one in the above comment (HR).

I never really know what to say in these comments..... I'm well crazy, and anyone who knows me has little doubt of that.

Happy reading :)

message 21: by Mel (new)

I never thought about introducing myself, but I'm Mel! I'm 22, I live in Canada and I'm a huge history nerd.

message 23: by shelby (new)

shelby (wonderingreader) | 20 comments Hey guys! My name is Shelby, and I'm 16, turning 17 on Dec.5th! I live in Pennsylvania. I will honestly read anything you put in front of me, but I mostly read young adult.

message 24: by Jill1201 (new)

Jill1201 Hi - I'm Jill and I live in Tasmania, Australia. Passionate about reading, I particularly like crime, mystery and also Australian history. Not sure what else to say - nice to meet you all.

message 25: by Carol (last edited Nov 27, 2015 04:57PM) (new)

Carol E. (mngiraffe) I love how we are from all over the world, and that so far I am the grandma of the bunch! That's cool, because I'm not yet an IRL Grandma. I gotta be a granny somewhere, so here will do. Last night I prepared my wish list of books, and I am about to send it to Mel.

BTW, I know Dee of snowy Minnesota. We both love to read! And we are both stewards of Little Free Libraries. Have you heard of them??

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veras (melissaverasr) I've seen Little Free Libraries on tumblr and they are AMAZING. I really love that concept ♥

message 27: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments *waves to the new commenters* hello!

message 28: by Mel (new)

What is a little free library?

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol E. (mngiraffe) Little Free Library was started by a guy in Wisconsin. He built a little box, filled it with books, and put it in front of his house. The books are free. People can take a book or leave a book to share. People loved the idea, and it has spread all over the world. Our member, Dee, works at the Little Free Library headquarters! I posted a picture of one at our photo page.

message 30: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 89 comments i am karen and i'm in new york, and i'm super-excited because i have only participated in a secret santa thing on goodreads once before and it went swimmingly, but it was in no way as international as this one! hooray for the postal service!

message 31: by Dahiana (new)

Dahiana Hi/Hola! Im Dahiana from Dominican Republic, this is a fun idea! I LOVE thrillers, non fictions books, contemporary, books about movies and crazy people!

message 32: by Holly (new)

Holly Hey! My name is Holly, I'm 25, and I live in Missouri. In love young adult my favorite author is Cassandra Clare. The Shadowhunter Chronicles is my absolute favorite and of course I love Harry Porter. I'm also a fan of John Green!

message 33: by Mel (new)

Guys we are officially at 24 which is way more than I thought would sign up!

message 34: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments Mel wrote: "Guys we are officially at 24 which is way more than I thought would sign up!"

nice:)

message 35: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellydillien) Hi guys! It's nice meeting you all! :D

@Holly, I'm sooo looking forward to Clare's new series, omg.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

^^ I know! I can't wait for Lady Midnight 0.0

message 37: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments Kelly wrote: "Hi guys! It's nice meeting you all! :D

@Holly, I'm sooo looking forward to Clare's new series, omg."

Hello:)

message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollymarie) Hi everyone! I'm Holly. I'm 30 years old and from Virginia, US. I love to read historical fiction (especially of the Downton Abbey variety) and memoirs. I also enjoy a good chuckle and can't stay away from Sophie Kinsella's books. :-D

message 39: by Catriona (new)

Catriona (catriona19) Hello, I'm Catriona. I'm 44yrs old and from Mission, BC about 1hr outside of Vancouver. I also love to read historical fiction especially with a bit of mystery or a twist of sorts, but I'm open to all kinds of genres. I think this is a fantastic idea and can't wait to take part.

Karlyflower *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)* (karly-thevampireninja) Wow, catriona, you live like a half hour from me lol.

I grew up in maple ridge! And now live in Port Coquitlam :)

message 41: by Catriona (new)

Catriona (catriona19) Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster* wrote: "Wow, catriona, you live like a half hour from me lol.

I grew up in maple ridge! And now live in Port Coquitlam :)"

Lol.....I work in Maple Ridge and I'm thinking of moving to Port Coquitlam in the next few years!

message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veras (melissaverasr) Mel wrote: "Guys we are officially at 24 which is way more than I thought would sign up!"

That's amazing Mel! :) It's a really good idea!

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly Kelly wrote: "Hi guys! It's nice meeting you all! :D

@Holly, I'm sooo looking forward to Clare's new series, omg."

ME TOO! :)

message 44: by Holly (new)

Holly Yasmin wrote: "^^ I know! I can't wait for Lady Midnight 0.0"

Im really excited for Lady Midnight but I think I'm even more excited for The Last Hours series...it doesn't come out until 2017 though....

message 45: by Spandan (new)

Spandan Hi everyone:) Great idea,Mel:)
I am Spandan from Kolkata,India.I love classics and was a big fan of Harry Potter Series during my school days.
My favorite writers are Graham Greene,Margaret Atwood and Kurt Vonnegut.

message 46: by Carol (new)

Carol E. (mngiraffe) Karly and Catriona... neighbors! I love it.

I visited Vancouver BC in 2014 and loved it. Beautiful area.

message 47: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments Carol wrote: "Karly and Catriona... neighbors! I love it.

I visited Vancouver BC in 2014 and loved it. Beautiful area."

I want to go to Niagra Falls one day... my brother went on a school trip there after I quit the band and I was jealous:)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

TL wrote: "Carol wrote: "Karly and Catriona... neighbors! I love it.

I want to go to Niagra Falls one day... my brother went on a school trip th..."

It's so cool. I went last year!

message 49: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments TL wrote: "Carol wrote: "Karly and Catriona... neighbors! I love it.

I want to go to Niagra Falls one day... my brother went on a school trip th..."

It's so cool. I went last year!

Hoping to go next year:)

message 50: by Shantelle (new)

Shantelle (livingthebeachlife) Hello, I'm Shantelle! I'm a former model; current Author, Entrepreneur & Traveler! I enjoy reading fun & inspirational books as well as writing! I live by the beach in sunny Southern California! The Secret Santa idea is super cute, looking forward to participating! Happy Holidays, Everyone! :-)

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.