Goodreads Secret Santa discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Secret Santa > Questions:

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (thatgirlbookworm) | 511 comments Mod
Any and all questions should be asked here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 27, 2015 07:52PM) (new)

Can we give/receive iBooks?

message 3: by Mel (new)

You can definitely request ibooks/ebooks but for the most part (except for one person) people seem to prefer paper copies of books

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veras (melissaverasr) Hi! Ok, now I have a question. Mel, you said that " If the person you have does not send to their Secret Santa, I will have you cancel your original order, and send something to the person they had."

But what happened if I can't cancel the order? BookDepository accepts cancellations only if we return the book to them. And it usually takes two days to dispatch a book, so if I buy it now, by december 7 it will be too late :(

message 5: by Mel (new)

Yes I thought about that and I was thinking that if you are worried about this to just mail it closer to the 7th, so maybe on the 6th?
I still don't imagine this being a big problem though, I feel like everyone will be honest with this!

message 6: by SpookySoto (new)

SpookySoto (wsoto3) Hi Mel, did you send all the messages? I didn't get mine

message 7: by Mel (new)

Not yet Wendy :) I sent only about 7 or so last night but the rest will be out sometime today

message 9: by SpookySoto (new)

SpookySoto (wsoto3) Ah, ok. Thanks

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly So excited

message 11: by Mel (new)

I've sent about half the messages, I just am going to take a break to do some class work :) I will have them all sent by tonight don't worry!

message 13: by Steph (new)

Steph | 39 comments Are you going to do a big reveal of secret santas at the end of this?

message 14: by Mel (new)

I never thought about this! I suppose I can! I will have to start messaging people to see if they got their gifts then!

message 15: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 102 comments i don't think my person ever came back to the group, so i can only assume it got there?

message 16: by Mel (new)

Hi Karen! I actually messaged everyone a few days before Christmas to ask if they got their books and your replied no. I can ask again though :)

message 17: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 102 comments DAMMIT. that's because i had to use the other place and they were all "we are bad at shipping things so who knows when it will arrive whee!"

let me go to the site and see if i can check status.

message 18: by Mel (new)

Okay that sounds good! I didn't think of that. I know book depository doesn't have that option

message 19: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 102 comments argh. it says it was shipped on the 12th (six days after i placed the order) and:

Expect delivery between 21st December and 30th December.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.