SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

General Discussion > We all know the books we loved, but which ones were we all not so fussed about ?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (last edited Nov 27, 2015 11:59AM) (new)

Lee | 357 comments For me, just off the top of my head the following books were
disappointing and I so wanted them to be more.

Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here (The Others #3) by Christine Warren

Great cover, great title, just wish the story could have matched up.

I Do Not Sleep by Judy Finnigan

Set in Cornwall where the author lives, poor story telling here.
This was at times like reading a tourist map of all the authors
favourite Cornish pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops etc. No doubt
owned or run by her friends.
This is reading time I can`t get back.

So I told you my disappointing reads whats yours ?

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) | 25 comments I tried to read Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green but I couldn't get past the first few chapters

message 3: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 665 comments So many people recommended A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin , but I just could not keep going. NOTHING GOOD ever happens to those poor people.

Also, Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon . I tried, I really did, but simply did not find it engaging.

message 4: by Lee (last edited Nov 27, 2015 12:13PM) (new)

Lee | 357 comments ladymurmur wrote: "So many people recommended A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin, but I just could not keep going. NOTHING GOOD ever happens to those poor people.

Sometimes there is so much publicity and hype that I
find it hard to get motivated to read the book.

To be honest after reading Brixton Beach by Roma Tearne it was an excellent read.
But at the same time it was a really sad book (did that woman ever get a break)
it left me feeling quite morose and deflated, not how I like to feel after reading
a good book. I know life can`t always be hearts and flowers, but this book turned out to
be heavy going. So I get your reluctance to start Game Of Thrones.

message 5: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments ladymurmur wrote: "So many people recommended A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin, but I just could not keep going. NOTHING GOOD ever happens to those poor people."

Agreed! Every couple years, I decide to give it another go because it's so popular and I just can't get through it.

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments My hubby loved GoT, but despite them sitting on a shelf, there is no way I'd read them.

message 7: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 145 comments I've tried to read Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost several times. I couldn't get much past the first couple of chapters. I hated Cat. I read both Night Huntress World books, and they were okay. I started the first Night Prince novel, made it four or five chapters in, and quit because I hated Vlad. Oh well.

message 8: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments I'm surprised by that Sandra J. usually we love the same books. However, I do realise we aren't clones. hahaha

message 9: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 145 comments Despite the fact that we share an awesome name!

message 10: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23482 comments Absolutely!!!!!!!!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Sandra J wrote: "I've tried to read Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost several times. I couldn't get much past the first couple of chapters. I hated Cat. I read both Night Huntress World books, and they were ..."

I don't like Cat either, but not minding the series yet. I've read the first two.

message 12: by Lee (new)

Lee | 357 comments Sandra J wrote: "I've tried to read Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost several times. I couldn't get much past the first couple of chapters. I hated Cat. I read both Night Huntress World books, and they were ..."

Tried this series too, I just could not get into it, until now I thought
I was the only one. Its such a popular series, good to hear I am not
alone.

message 13: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 2752 comments Here are my disappointments of this year. I was so expecting more from all these books and they just didn't deliver.

Sandman Slim (Sandman Slim, #1) by Richard Kadrey Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2) by Amanda Carlson Song For Sophia (Rougemont, #1) by Moriah Densley The Professional (The Game Maker, #1) by Kresley Cole Royal Street (Sentinels of New Orleans, #1) by Suzanne Johnson

message 14: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 2752 comments Sandra J wrote: "I've tried to read Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost several times. I couldn't get much past the first couple of chapters. I hated Cat. I read both Night Huntress World books, and they were ..."

I stopped this one after the second book. I liked the first one well enough but after the second, I never felt like continuing.