Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments Has anyone hosted a twitter chat before? I so, how did it go?

And, would there be a group of writers, bloggers and readers interested in joining a twitter chat?

message 2: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 13 comments Hi Dylan,
No experience with it, but would love to join!
I'm @assaphmehr on twitter.

Cheers!

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments Essentially, a group of us will will choose a hashtag, agree to meet on Twitter at a specific time and converse around a topic. The idea is to have meaningful discussion in 140 characters (hahaha), and maybe pick up a few interested Twitter folk along the way.

I've followed you on Twitter, so I'll provide details as we go along. Hopefully we can try it out next week.

message 4: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 13 comments Sounds exciting! (in a Ritalin kind of way ;)

message 5: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments Hahaha... as exciting as it can get while sitting in front of a computer, typing. I think.

message 6: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 13 comments Dylan wrote: "Hahaha... as exciting as it can get while sitting in front of a computer, typing. I think."

I'm an author - that's as exciting as it gets! :)

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments I'm an author - that's as exciting as it gets! :)"

I hear you there, brother!

message 8: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments I've done it but it takes a while to build up enough people to make it a varied chat. People don't know you're out there.

I've participated in #LitChat #SciFiChat and #Writechat

message 9: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments Yeah, I'd imagine it takes a bit of time... there are about 5 interested members so far, so we'll have a discussion going at the very least.

message 10: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments there's also the issue of time difference between UK/US/Australia. Fridays and Wednesdays seem really crowded for Twitter chats

I'm potentially interested depending what sort of things you want to chat about.

message 11: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments Ha I see I'm in the UK, Assaph (now following you) is in Oz and Dylan is in Canada!

my twitter handle if you want is @21stCscribe

message 12: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments Hmmm... so who's going to join at 2AM? lol

Maybe Sunday would work...

message 13: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 13 comments I could do the midnight slot... Can't sleep in summer (that's when I write anyway :)

message 14: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments wait your summer is now right?

message 15: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 13 comments Yep!
Getting ready to work on my next novel :-)

message 16: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments yeah I'm in the middle of a first draft too

message 17: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments I'm at the other end of the process now... launching my book in just under 2 weeks.

message 18: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments good luck with it

message 19: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments All right, how about Sunday, 2PM EST (which is 7PM GMT). We will run for about an hour. The hashtag #indiewrite isn't used much, so we can go with that.

Are there any topic suggestions? Not that we have to stick specifically to one topic.

Also, if you can advertise this one your twitter feed, that would be great! I'm @TheNitzsch, if you'd like to connect on Twitter beforehand.

message 20: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 13 comments That should be 6am on Monday for me. Should be doable - unless the baby decides to wake up and join us :)

message 21: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments probably best to announce a theme ahead of time. Even though once underway the chat may veer wildly away from it

message 22: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments I think that we've settled on: Social Media Marketing: Is it worth it?

message 23: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments good one.

For future chats are you thinking of discussing writing themes, or is it intended to be more about marketing/promotion?

message 24: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments Marc wrote: "good one.

For future chats are you thinking of discussing writing themes, or is it intended to be more about marketing/promotion?"

I think we will cover a number of topics. Anything related to self publishing / indie writing.

message 25: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments Did the chat happen yesterday? I missed it

message 26: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments If you want to see how the chat went, the transcript is here: https://storify.com/TheNitzsch/indiew...

message 27: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 181 comments many thanks

message 28: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 16 comments Another Twitter Chat for us on Sunday Jan 17 at 7PM EST - We'll be disucssing using social reading platforms like Wattpad in order to help us achieve world writing domintaiton. #indiewrite