Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Leading Edge, Issue 67
This topic is about Leading Edge, Issue 67
Book Issues > please add me as a contributor

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John (jdp_writes) | 20 comments I am listed as an author on this page, but it doesn't show me as a Goodreads author. And this doesn't show up on my author page.

Incidentally, is there a better way to do this than to start a new thread on this forum?

Thank you! :)

message 2: by John (new)

John (jdp_writes) | 20 comments Also, I was a contributor to this other magazine, too, but under a pseudonym. Is there any way to get myself added as a contributor?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Since that is pretty much the entire purpose of this forum, nope, there's really no better way.

All authors on the first book corrected, and added you to the second.

message 4: by John (new)

John (jdp_writes) | 20 comments Muchas gracias!

message 5: by John (new)

John (jdp_writes) | 20 comments So now it links to me, and separately to the pen name I used for this story (William K. Albright). Any way to combine those, or have it say something like John D. Payne (writing as William K. Albright)?

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments This is what we follow when it comes to pen names: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

:)

message 7: by John (new)

John (jdp_writes) | 20 comments Thank you for that link. I see how this works for books on which a person is the sole author. Not sure quite how it would work for something like this, a magazine issue in which I am one of many contributors.

message 8: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments If this posts twice, sorry, on my tablet.

It isnt ideal, but magazines are actually the exception in GR, it wasn't designed to handle them, and only some are allowed (bound literary magazines with Isbn, and electronic issues with an isbn or ASIN), and those more or less because it's all but impossible to keep them out because they appear in the data feeds.

That said, now you let me know which of the other names is you, that can be mentioned on the profile page, and you are welcome to link to that name and any other pseudonyms you wish on your primary profile.