Cozy Mysteries discussion

Authors needing help > Looking for test readers, in exchange I'll buy you a kindle cozy mystery book.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Tan | 6 comments Hi All,

I am looking for passionate Cozy Mystery Lovers Readers and what better place than a cozy mystery forums.

Have you ever read a cozy mystery story and knew if the author made a few different choices or changes that you know would improve the story tremendously. Well now this is your opportunity to have your voice heard.

I am looking for passionate readers that will give me feedback and help improve my cozy mysteries. Or simply to give me confidence that I am on the right track or that the story is ready to be publish.

The average length of my story is 30 000 to 50 000 words. In exchange for a beta read, I am willing to purchase a cozy mystery kindle book of your choice for you. I will simply send it as a gift.

Please email me at turbotankdp@gmail.com with a short bio of yourself and why you love cozy mystery.

Thanks for your help.

message 2: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Can I ask for a short description of your cozy mystery? It'll help others decide if it's the type they'd like to read to help you.

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Tan | 6 comments Here is a brief description,

$10 million in sunken Spanish gold.

More than enough to kill for. More than enough to kill many times for.

Angie and Harry Landon are helping Angie’s treasure hunting boyfriend Jim search for the sunken Spanish ship Magellan. But after a “dry” dive, the two are approached by Allan Card, an amateur treasure hunting buff and a rather quixotic individual. He says he has a map showing the exact location of the Magellan, a ship believed to be carrying about $10 million in gold. He promises to hand over the map if they agree to two conditions – that he will receive 25 percent of the profits and that all pagan idols on the ship will be destroyed.

They agree. However, before the map can be delivered, Card is murdered. Police believe the killer did not find the map. Both Angie and Landon are suspects in the case but many other people knew Card had a map showing the location of the Magellan. A dozen scuba divers – and academics who have formed treasure hunting groups - have one of the oldest motives in history for murder – greed.

As Angie and Landon search for clues, a disturbing, sinister thread runs through the case. They begin to suspect greed was not the only motive for the crime. A vital clue is not on land but underwater. As they search for it, they think it’s possible the killer may have murdered before. And he may have to kill again, unless he wants Angie and Landon from discovering his hidden secrets.

Before the case is over, the Walker and Landon Detective Agency will face challenges on land, on sea and under the sea before they can find the killer.

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Tan | 6 comments Let me know if this helps, I am willing to give a audiobook, paperback book, or a few kindle book. Roughly a value of 20-25$.

message 5: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Janerka | 4 comments If you're still looking for beta readers, I'd like to help out! And I read quickly, so I'll be able to get back to you in a few days tops. My email is max.janerka@gmail.com. Drop me a line!

message 6: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Tan | 6 comments Excellent, I am always looking for a beta reader. I will contact you soon.