Wyrms of Words discussion

Dragonflight (Dragonriders of Pern, #1)
This topic is about Dragonflight
Dragon Riders of Pern > A Shameful Confession....

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin, Wyrm Master (new) - added it

Dustin (tillos) | 29 comments Mod
I haven't read this series or even the first book. I know it's the king of dragon fiction, but I just haven't gotten around to it. More so, it hasn't been on sale on Audible. So I don't have much to offer here.

message 2: by Dustin, Wyrm Master (new) - added it

I have a set of the first three books (Dragonflight?) but just haven't gotten to it.

I was impressed by one elderly man's fondness for the series. I was discussing the high quantity of dragon movies and he jumped in and announced his desire for a Pern movie. Describing the plot with enthusiasm that I've rarely seen older folk show fantasy or science fiction. His affection for the flying scenes made me wonder if he had a history as a pilot.

message 3: by Dustin, Wyrm Master (last edited Jan 02, 2016 12:24PM) (new) - added it

A month later and Dragonflight audio book is on sale so can't make excuses anymore.

Meghan wrote: " Also if you like sourcebooks "The dragonlovers guide to pern" has all sorts of background info on the dragons themselves..."

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I did see a book devoted entirely to mapping Pern which impressed me. Showed the layout of every dinning hall and continent.