Devon Book Club discussion

Bits and Bobs > Offers to Book Club members

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2991 comments Mod
I was contacted by a bookshop in Ireland last night with an offer for Devon Book Club members. Whilst it is not really core to our purpose I am passing it on in case it is of interest to you. The owner says as follows:

"I would just like to introduce myself. I’m Donal Condren from www.thebookshop.ie I run an online bookshop selling great second-hand books all at only 2 euro each. We have over 8000 books on our Website. We are constantly uploading new books to the site and we do our best to provide an excellent service. I would like to offer all the members of this book club a free book (shipping not included - this is approx. &6.85 but is fixed irrespective of how many books you buy) just add the discount code FBBOOKCLUB at the checkout. Valid until 22/12/15.

Let me know if you you'd rather not get such offers unless they come from Devon businesses. I was in two minds but thought you should choose, rather than me acting as gatekeeper.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ducie (elizabethducie) | 30 comments Ian, I don't have a problem with seeing this sort of post - just so long as we don't start getting offers for non-book products

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian | 2991 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "Ian, I don't have a problem with seeing this sort of post - just so long as we don't start getting offers for non-book products"

Thanks - we've had a few of those but I never let them through. I was in two minds as this shop is outside Devon (and I am keen to support local book businesses as you know) but didn't really think it was for me to prevent poeple having the option if they wished to take up the offer and Donal has offered to help us in any way he can if we can see any opportunity to engage him. I confess I cant really but others may

message 4: by Ley (new)

Ley Holloway | 158 comments This is fine with me Ian, but as Elizabeth says only book related offers really.

message 5: by Ian (last edited Nov 28, 2015 06:27AM) (new)

Ian | 2991 comments Mod
Absolutely Ley. I could have passed on offers about body building products in recent weeks but I concluded that you were all prime specimens, who didn't need artificial enhancement