How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

Group Questions > A new book writing platform

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Henrique (last edited Nov 26, 2015 09:31AM) (new)

Henrique Nadabrahman | 4 comments Hello pals,

Currently i'm developing an online platform where people read your book as you write it.

I'm aware of Wattpad, but I think that there are some flaws in that. My idea is to initially only allow non-fiction books to be written in order to avoid so many tennagers writing vampires/werewolf books.

However I'm a bit doubtful if there are people willing to write interesting non-fiction online for free. Also if it would work to write as you do, since the normal procedure would be to review the book a few times before publishing. In fact the author would be reviewing with the users feedback.

Please help me out and let me know your opinions.

Cheers!

message 2: by Ray (new)

Ray Perreault (rayjayperreault) | 3 comments I don't know about other authors, but this would be difficult for me. I write like I'm wondering around a dark room. I know where I'm going but I don't know the path to get there. When I'm on the other side of the room I'll go back and change my path, eliminate parts or find a new route. Not a neat orderly process, so I don't think my style of writing would work well in your format.

message 3: by John (new)

John Mills (johnrobertmills) | 11 comments I don't know. I think the idea has merit. Key focus would be to have a clear distinction between your idea and Wattpad (or Tablo for that matter, which does something similar); but it sounds doable.

message 4: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Waring (vivianwaring) | 4 comments Ray wrote: "I don't know about other authors, but this would be difficult for me. I write like I'm wondering around a dark room. I know where I'm going but I don't know the path to get there. When I'm on the o..."

couldn't have put it better myself.Currently starting on my second novel and as you say, I'm all over the place.