Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES > Round 34: December 2015

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 30, 2015 07:53PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments This battle of the books is between Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi and Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

If you have read both of these books, vote for the one you enjoyed the most below.

Shatter Me: 10
Daughter of Smoke & Bone: 10

message 2: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments I've previously read both of these books, so I suppose I'll cast my vote now :). This is actually a really tough one, but I think I'm going to go with Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I like the romance better in Shatter Me, but the world in Daughter of Smoke and Bone is SO good.

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I know, this one is really tough for me too!
I've read both...but I'm not sure how to vote yet!

:)

message 4: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 388 comments It's hard to pick one, but I'm going to go with Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I also had a hard time deciding and I gave both of them 5 stars, but I think I have to go with Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi , because I was SO invested in it when reading it. I remember Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor was confusing and I had to re-read parts and that type of thing, so that's how I decided.

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 779 comments I've read both but didn't really like either. I would say though Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi was the better read.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

message 8: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments 5 stars for both for me, but my vote goes to Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor ! Such a wonderfully written book!

message 9: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7497 comments Smoke and Bone.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I have to say Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi because I liked it a lot better that Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

message 11: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (natussia) | 92 comments I'm choosing Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

message 12: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Gehrs I didn't really like either one but Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 777 comments My vote goes to Daughter of Smoke and Bone! :'D.

message 14: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I am going to have to go with Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

message 15: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments Shatter Me

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I think I'm going to have to go Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi because it was such a different way of telling a story when I read it

message 17: by Ecrivaine (new)

message 18: by Lady Night (last edited Dec 13, 2015 07:46AM) (new)

Lady Night (ladynight) | 176 comments Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor for me too!

message 19: by Trinity (new)

Trinity My vote is for Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

message 20: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor for the win because it was so unique and lush and beautiful! I love that entire trilogy.

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 28, 2015 09:26PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I love it! The battle is currently TIED!

3 more days to vote!!

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm going to vote for Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

message 23: by Sarah B (new)

Sarah B (sab55) I'm voting for Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.