Support for Indie Authors discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Has anyone hosted a twitter chat before? I so, how did it go?

And, would there be a group of writers, bloggers and readers interested in joining a twitter chat?

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Hill (kevinrhill) | 102 comments Sure, how do I sign up?

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments It's pretty simple. You just need a twitter account. For those interested, we figure out a hashtag, then converse on Twitter... hopefully grabbing other people's attention along the way.

Sounds interesting to me... :)

message 4: by Morris (new)

Morris Graham (morris_g) So... The hashtag thing is an open twitter chat? Can you explain how that works?

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Hill (kevinrhill) | 102 comments Dylan, just let me know.

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Jensen (kelseyjauthor) | 23 comments I'd be up for it.

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Morris wrote: "So... The hashtag thing is an open twitter chat? Can you explain how that works?"

Yes, that is correct. We all use the same hashtag in our tweet and we can watch as people post using the hashtag. So, if we were having this conversation on Twitter, I would have replied something like:

@morris you are correct! #indiechat

Anyone in the twitter universe can come along and participate, include those fun twitter spammers. Should be interesting, though.

message 8: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Kelsey wrote: "I'd be up for it."

Excellent! I'll post details soon. Sounds like we'll have a few people joining. I've posted this in a few forums.

message 9: by Ken (last edited Nov 27, 2015 05:19AM) (new)

Ken (kendoyle) | 364 comments The ones in which I've participated are generally held on a specific day and time, for an hour or so. I've found that TweetChat is very useful for this sort of thing, as opposed to the regular Twitter client.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela Ford (aford21) | 18 comments I agree with Ken, TweetChat.com is great for keeping track of upcoming chats, and the day and time works well. Just let me know when this is I'd love to join!

message 11: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments All right, how about Sunday, 2PM EST (which is 7PM GMT). We will run for about an hour. The hashtag #indiewrite isn't used much, so we can go with that.

Are there any topic suggestions? Not that we have to stick specifically to one topic.

Also, if you can advertise this one your twitter feed, that would be great! I'm @TheNitzsch, if you'd like to connect on Twitter beforehand.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela Ford (aford21) | 18 comments Excellent! I'm setting up a reminder for this!

Here are some ideas for topic suggestions:
The writing process
Beta readers
Promotion Suggestions
Website and Sales Pages
Book Ambassadors
Using Instagram to sell books
Social Media Marketing - is it worth it?
Music and writing

message 13: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments I like social media marketing as a starting point... but it would be nice to get more group input first... whatever the consensus is.

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments I'm watching football but I can join and put out a couple tweets. I think Social Media marketing is good as I have a few blog posts I can share.

message 15: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Dee (ddgeekwriter) | 2 comments Is it too late to get in on this? If not, I'll be there.

As far as topics go, I think part of the point of Twitter chats is to engage prospective readers. So maybe we should talk about something related to our writing process, which would then allow us to mention our books? That said, I like music and writing. Some other suggestions...

-making your work unique
-inspiration (setting, plot, etc.)
-creating characters

message 16: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments Deanna wrote: "Is it too late to get in on this? If not, I'll be there.

As far as topics go, I think part of the point of Twitter chats is to engage prospective readers. So maybe we should talk about something r..."

Nope, it's scheduled for this Sunday so your good! :)

message 17: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Deanna wrote: "Is it too late to get in on this? If not, I'll be there.

As far as topics go, I think part of the point of Twitter chats is to engage prospective readers. So maybe we should talk about something r..."

We'll certainly cover those types of topics in future chats.

message 18: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Jensen (kelseyjauthor) | 23 comments Social media marketing and music and writing work for me, though I would like to get into discussion about beta readers. All in due time.

message 19: by Jo (new)

Jo Linsdell (jolinsdell) | 1 comments Is this going to be an ongoing weekly chat? I'm definitely in if it is. I love Twitter

message 20: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments I think we could do it weekly. I just ran it the one week, but if there is interest, it could be ongoing.

message 21: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 10 comments If it's ongoing, I'm in!

message 22: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Eyre (rachaeleyre) | 192 comments Count me in too if it's a regular thing!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Is be interested

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd be interested (stupid phone autocorrect)

message 25: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Perhaps we should start up next Sunday, since there seems to be more interest.

Are there any suggestions for a topic? We did social media marketing last time...

I'm @TheNitzsch if you want to connect on Twitter.

message 26: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 10 comments Followed, Dylan! Sundays are good for me (at least until my Sunday night TV shows come back on, LOL) and I love the idea of music and writing (I almost never write without music) or something along those lines. Lots of good topics to choose from!

message 27: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments We could do something like that. I both love and hate listening to music while writing... it depends on a lot of things.

message 28: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Esplin | 81 comments Sounds like fun!

message 29: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments So, looks like we'll have a twitter chat on Sunday January 10, starting at 7PM EST.

The hashtag to use is #indiewrite. So, for those of you unsure of how to do this, search the for #indiewrite and when you respond to something, use the same hashtag so we can all see it in the thread.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer.

The topic will be music and writing. See you there! :)

message 30: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments I bowl around this time but I'll still try to make some tweets from either my tablet or phone.

Looking forward to it as the last one was pretty good.

message 31: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Justin wrote: "I bowl around this time but I'll still try to make some tweets from either my tablet or phone.

Looking forward to it as the last one was pretty good."

Hope you can make it!

message 32: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 10 comments woohoo, can't wait!

message 33: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Another Twitter Chat for us on Sunday Jan 17 at 7PM EST - We'll be disucssing using social reading platforms like Wattpad in order to help us achieve world writing domintaiton. #indiewrite

message 34: by Angela (new)

Angela Ford (aford21) | 18 comments Last time was fantastic! I will be there!

message 35: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments I enjoyed myself too!

But I think for me, the first step to dominaiton would be spelling it right. hahaha

message 36: by Angela (new)

Angela Ford (aford21) | 18 comments Oh I was looking forward to learning more about this new word "domitaiton" haha!

message 37: by Marco (new)

Marco Marek (marcomarek) | 2 comments 7pm Est seems early morning Gmt :) which new word is of those domintaiton/ dominaiton/domitaiton

message 38: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Hahaha... you can choose your favorite. I believe the word, origin however, is from domus = house and natron = salt. The spelling of natron in this case has been deprecated to naton. So no matter the spelling, we are talking about about a house of salt. :)

message 39: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 10 comments haha, house of salt. sounds like HBO's next hit show! and i loved the last chat (one of my favorite topics in case you didn't notice) so even though i don't really use those platforms, i will try my best to be there next time!

message 40: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments Last weekend's Twitter chat was great so count me in on this one too! Good topic too.

message 41: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Just a remind about tonight's #indiewrite. It starts at 7PM EST, and we'll be discussing social reading platforms.

message 42: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments Haven't had a twitter chat in a while. Anyone up for one sometime soon?

message 43: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 10 comments Yeah I've been wondering about that, thought I had missed a couple. I'm down!

message 44: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Sure, we could do one next weekend, if there's enough interest! I'm open for topic suggestions. :)

message 45: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Jude (kyliekerosene) | 10 comments what have been all of the topics so far? i only remember the music one (and that is a miracle as my memory sucks, lol)

message 46: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 241 comments I would love to participate. I am new to the group.

message 47: by Mark (new)

Mark (goodreadscommarkgillespie) | 27 comments Sure, I'd be up for this if the time difference thingy works out (in Australia). Sounds good.

message 48: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments Kylie wrote: "what have been all of the topics so far? i only remember the music one (and that is a miracle as my memory sucks, lol)"

Well, let's see... there was music, social media, and social social reading. I think those were the only 3 topics we've done so far.

message 49: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Callens | 193 comments We have run them Sundays at 7PM EST. If that works for most, we could stick with that. If there is a better time, I'd be happy to move it.

message 50: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments Good to see some people are down for another chat! :) Go me!

Sundays at 7 have worked so far so I say we stick to it. As for topics ehh not sure yet.

« previous 1