HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE > Abigail Sharpe

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1164 comments Mod
Hello everyone, please let's discuss Abigail Sharpe's books :-) Thanks...!    

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 70 comments A whole topic just for me? <3!!

message 3: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Abigail wrote: "A whole topic just for me? <3!!"

Yes, now all members who wish to discuss your books can do so in this discussion thread :-) All the best! :-)

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 70 comments Hey, good timing - I'm giving away a Cowboy at a Facebook party tonight. (US only for print, and I'm not sure how it works for international.)

https://www.facebook.com/events/82977...

message 5: by Ramla Zareen (last edited Feb 25, 2016 01:04PM) (new)

Hi Abigail, thanks for sharing this information, I am sure that it will be much appreciated by the members :-) 

Just a soft reminder that this discussion thread is mainly for the readers who would like to share their reading experiences regarding your books. 

It would be both an honour and a pleasure if you would participate here too ...and maybe provide an interesting insight or respond to a query that anyone might have, about some particular aspects of your books.

However, while I personally find it very exciting to interact with the authors and learn about their books from them but too much self-promotional stuff can be a bit overwhelming for some members ...hence, it would be much appreciated if you would please limit extensive promotional posts to:

AUTHORS CORNER

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

...where you can even create a separate discussion thread only for your books! :-)

Moreover, you can also mention such promotional offers like free copies and giveaways etc in the following discussion thread:

Please review my book. Thanks! 

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

You are also welcome to briefly mention your books if they are relevant to specific discussion threads, for example, if they fulfil certain recommendation criterion in the RECOMMENDATIONS/REQUESTS/QUERIES section:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

...or match a particular theme in the ROMANCE BOOKS BY THEMES section:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

Well, thanks in advance for your patience and understanding ...and best of luck with your writing career :-) 

message 6: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 70 comments Aaaaargh sorry!!!!!!

message 7: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Abigail wrote: "Aaaaargh sorry!!!!!!"

No worries, Abigail, I understand that it can be a little confusing with the various groups having different rules regarding book promotions.

Anyway, thanks a lot for understanding, I really appreciate it! :-)

message 8: by Ramla Zareen (new)

BOOK SELECTED FOR GROUP READ (MARCH, 2016)

Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy? Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy? by Abigail Sharpe by Abigail Sharpe

message 9: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 70 comments Yay! I hope you all enjoy it. And my skin is thick, so please be honest. <3

message 10: by Staphysagria (new)

Staphysagria I finished it. It was okay. I got a bit lost with the sudden changes in people´s opinions of each other. Like Edward within 2 sentences changing from sending his love away to suddenly accepting the challende to fight for his right to love. Same with Riley and Ainsley. There is a contrast between really thorough and detailed situations that really give insight in people´s thoughts and feel authentic, and then some things just sort of happen for no apparent reason. Example: brilliant- he scene where Riley and his brother fight it out after Meagan´s wedding. Then it seems illogical that although he hardly knows Ainsley he suddenly "opens up" to her, but all the reader gets to know is that he was last to be with his father and still didn´t really rell what happened. So: a couple of intense, vivid scenes, and in between the plot sort of stumbles forward. Did you write single scenes that were in your mind like a film scene and re-connect them by the story afterwards? Please don´t take any of this personally, it is a beautifully written story mostly.

message 11: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 70 comments Thank you, Staphysagria! I'm glad you (mostly) enjoyed it. :)

I wrote this one chronologically and it was the first book I ever wrote. Then I took the next few years to actually *learn* about writing, and fixed things up as I edited.

The scene with Seth and Ainsley at the end was an addition (you have a good eye!) when I did rewrites. And I, too, LOVE the scene with Riley and Seth. It's probably one of my favorites. <3

message 12: by Staphysagria (new)

Staphysagria see, you´re definitely getting better as you gain experience, and the two strongest scenes are the ones you personally love, too. So you can really trust your gut feeling about your writing. Keep up the good work. It´s difficult to write when you have to juggle everyday chores, too (a typical female probem, I guess)- and it´s really hard to get into the flow of your story when you have to interrupt every half hour for something else. I have stopped attempting to get anything written unless I´ve got two hours ahead, because it takes at least one hour to read backwards to get into things again. I´ve read the first chapter of the sequel about Meagan´s brother Quinn and enjoyed the coffee-shop discussion of him, his ex-friend and his colleague. A really life-like discussion happening there. The casting show about to happen as reason for Quinn to travel was a bit too close to the cowboy theme, though. When Quinn appeared at the wedding he started with a gaelic sentence, didn´t he? That was a very nice idea, it makes the characters come much more alive if they have their own, unique manner of speaking, like accents, dialects, mannerisms.
For your first book the cowboy story is really impressive!

message 13: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (abigailsharpe) | 70 comments Thank you. :)
You know the funny thing? Who Wants to Marry a Doctor (book 2) changed locations - so the first chapter that you read doesn't exist anymore! (I'm with a publisher, so *I* can't change it.) I adored Quinn when I wrote Cowboy and knew he had to be the hero of my next book.

message 14: by Staphysagria (new)

Staphysagria that´s beginning to get more interesting....I think I will have to read it now! Still, congrats for your FIRST novel to make it that far, keep going, I hope you can find the time. I´ve just stopped all my personal writing because of A-level support for my daughter- it´ll probably take me a week to get back into the story once things have settled back to near-normal. But then, your kids are only kids for a limited time, and when they need your support everything else needs to take a backseat. The joys of motherhood...(grin)