Jefferson Blythe, Esquire Jefferson Blythe, Esquire discussion

Jefferson Blythe, Esq - BR 27th Nov 15 - Ingela, Therese, Rosa, Maya, Sofia

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sofia I'm guessing you're hapoy Ingela :)

Ingie **nodding**

Ingie ...and now is the book in my e-reader. :)

Sofia It's waiting in mine as well :)

Sofia JB's book is still on sale at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Esquires-Europe...

Sofia 6% Where is my egg?

message 9: by Ingie (last edited Nov 27, 2015 02:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Okay at last time to start. In bed and will try a couple of pages before it's time for sleep.
You Sofia? Half through by now?

...like your rabbit. I'll look for your egg. :)))

PS) My favorite is in the finale next week. The bad thing is my works Christmas party is that evening. Typical...

Sofia I fell asleep in the second chapter Ingela so you're safe :)

It's typical karma yes.

message 11: by Ingie (last edited Nov 28, 2015 12:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie I read like 3 pages ...if I exaggerate a bit, haha!
Ready with coffe, a breakfast sandwich and my kindle reader.

See you soon.

PS) Maybe a good Karma? My Idol favorite is a 27 years old cutie rocker. Better dance and drink mulled wine with some old grey haired colleges at a work-party instead. LoL!

Ingie @7% ...and a good promising start.

I like this British - US English language thing. I'm not sure I see when reading but I can hear it. We read British English in school but with TV, movies and books are we probably usually more used to the American way.
“You look shattered.”
Shattered? Nobody said shattered back home.’

message 13: by Maya (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya Hi girls :)

I'm starting now and i'll probably be slow because I have a lot to do this weekend.

Ingie Good to see you Maya. I will be slow too so no stress.

Sofia Good afternoon Maya

It is sad that I have lots to do as well as I rather curl up with the book :D

Ingela - yes better your friends and the party - your imagination about the cutie can be postponed a bit :D

I'm at chapter three - (view spoiler)

Therese I'm really liking it so far at 16%!
Sofia I agree with your spoiler above, love this kind of bits & pieces info drops....

Therese I will unfortunately also be slow, but at the moment, all I want to do is sit down and read to find out more!

message 18: by Ingie (last edited Nov 28, 2015 08:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie @20% to start chapter 5.

...but it's high time to start making dinner, my guests are here by 7 o'clock.

I like it so far. The writing is nice and I like the quite light humoristic style. George feels like a dream man. Yum! :))))

Wish I had more time now. ~ See you later tonight.

Sofia You remind me that I have to take care of our supper Ingie - moussaka tonight. Then reading them :D

message 20: by Maya (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya it seems I have caught up, it reads faster than I expected :)

at 20% - end of chapter 4.

Hmm, I am not loving Jefferson's voice so far. Not hating it either. For me Jeff is some weird mixture of mature and immature and I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not. But I'm very intrigued by George and I'm curious about the past.

message 21: by Maya (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya re Sofia's spoiler in message 15 (view spoiler)

Therese Maya wrote: "."

Yeah, denial for sure (view spoiler)

Sofia I agree Maya and Therese (view spoiler)

Chap 5 I laughed out loud (view spoiler)

Maya -Jefferson voice - not the mature model we sometimes get with JL. Perry of The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks was a bit like that. I ended up liking him a lot.

Therese I must say I like Jeff and his sometimes "confused" POV:-). But I am a sucker for YA/NA, so I like his immaturity.

message 25: by Ingie (last edited Nov 29, 2015 03:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie @27 - I'm actually a little surprised at how this has developed so far. I thought it was sort of discovering Europe road trip I started to read, but this seems to be something else.

I like Jefferson. He is a confused cutie so far.

message 26: by Maya (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya at 42% - beginning of chapter 9.

Happy to say that Jefferson is growing on me :)

There was a conversation with George in chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Sofia At the same place Maya, yes the why is still the question even George is puzzled.

(view spoiler)

Sofia I had to go check these, hope they are correct:

TTYL talk to you later
DND do not disturb
FOAD fuck off and die

Therese Sofia wrote: "I had to go check these, hope they are correct:

TTYL talk to you later
DND do not disturb
FOAD fuck off and die"

Thank you Sofia!! I was wondering about the too, but wanted to continue, so didn't look them up:-)

Therese @ 67%. This book so reminds me of when I was younger:-). I went to Paris for 3 weeks when I was 20, and did many of the thing Jeff has on his list . *nostalgic sigh*

Ingie @42% - on my way to Paris. :)

Sofia Chap 10 49% (view spoiler)

Ingie This is truly another kind of JL story. I like it by I kind of miss his older characters a bit. :D

Sofia The story might seem light hearted but it isn't Ingie. It's a good thing that we still have unread Jl's on our list.

message 35: by Ingie (last edited Nov 29, 2015 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Oh, it will be some deeper stuff?
Yes it is. :D

Therese It feels very philosophical, and a bit like a mix between a Hitchcock thriller and a Guy Ritchie movie:-).

I really like George, nothing better than a mysterious man...

Sofia Ingela wrote: "Oh, it will be some deeper stuff?
Yes it is. :D"

Yes deeper at least imo

Ingie Better read some pages before sleep time then. :)

Ingie It is a bit confusing. Back to Paris again...
I honestly don't get much if it now. How will this end?

Ingie Sofia wrote: "Chap 10 49%..."

My heart broke. :(

Ingie Therese wrote: "... I really like George, nothing better than a mysterious man..."

I don't like him right now. :)))))

message 42: by Maya (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya Good morning all :)

I finished last night and I'm afraid this wasn't a book for me. I couldn't buy into most of what happen, and the emotional part of the book - (view spoiler) - for me was the weakest.

Hope you enjoy better than me.

Sofia Good morning girls

I still have the last chapter to do but I got to go do some work before I finish it, so it'll be later.

I'm sorry this did not turn out well for you Maya. Will open your spoiler later.

I'm enjoying it, it has been a very very awkward dance between Jeff and George.

message 44: by Maya (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya Sofia wrote: "Good morning girls

I still have the last chapter to do but I got to go do some work before I finish it, so it'll be later.

I'm sorry this did not turn out well for you Maya. Will open your spoile..."

Yeah, i think suspence novels with comedy elements aren't my thing at all. I didn't really like The Absence of Light, and Playing the Fool series wasn't my favorite either although i liked one of the characters a lot.
I just need to remember that and avoid this type of stories in the future.

Glad to hear you are enjoying, dear :)

Ingie At 70% and four more chapters to do. I like but I don't have that Lanyon feeling but... yeah I'm enjoying.

I home in the sick-bed today (again..) and hopefully will I at least manage to read for a while. I have had some tea and tried to eat a bit. Time to crawl back into bed. :(

Ingie Sorry it wasn't for you Maya. Do you usually like Lanyon's work?

message 47: by Maya (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya Sorry to hear you are ill, Inge. Hope you feel better soon.

This was actually my first full lenght Lanyon book. I've only read one of his short stories last year and i liked it a lot. But not this one. So i'm not sure which of his books i should try next.

message 48: by Sofia (last edited Nov 30, 2015 02:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sofia

Cuddle up Ingie. The book finishes at 94%

I've just finished and I'm happy. It feels like JL decided to give us a story which we usually only hear about when the characters are more mature (like it would be an encounter they had and then they seperate and we get the reunion years later after they've become older)

I don't know what to recommend from JL's to you Maya because most of them have a mystery/crime as the backbone around which the story is built. Perfect Day and Out of the Blue are not like that though, though Out of the Blue has a mystery element but it's nicely woven in.. I'll message you if I think of more :) And I'm sorry that you might miss Adrien English because of the crime element because those 5 books are great though that series has wit rather than comedy.

message 49: by Maya (last edited Nov 30, 2015 03:37AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya Perfect Day was the short story i have read and liked.
Hmm, on the other hand there were mysteries that i've really liked. Julie Bozza's Albert J Sterne for example. I think i'll give Adrien English a try at some point. I have bought the series plus some of her novellas last year so i'll get to them sooner or later :)

message 50: by Maya (last edited Nov 30, 2015 03:35AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maya I've been thinking about Jeffereson ...
When this conversation happened (it's in chapter 11 which we have all read so i'm not putting it in spoilers):

“Why are you so afraid of being different?” George had asked at one point, a little angrily. Looking back, I realized that by then he had been confused and hurt and afraid at what he’d inadvertently unleashed.
“Because I’m already different. I’m different enough without that difference. That’s going to...”
Ruin everything. Make my life so much harder. Disappoint people.

What did J mean by saying he's already different? I didn't get why he thought that.

« previous 1