The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) The Dream Thieves discussion


595 views
Is Kavinsky gay?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bárbara Miranda The first time I read TDT I thought Kavinsky treated Ronan the way he does because he had finally found someone like him, who could get things out of dreams, but as I was rereading it I found very awkward the way he's always talking about Ronan's sexuality and I think he seems even jealous about the friendship between Gansey and Ronan. Besides, he says things to Ronan like "just us" and he seems very upset when Ronan says "it's was never going to be you and me".


Alexandria  St Delphi Bárbara wrote: "The first time I read TDT I thought Kavinsky treated Ronan the way he does because he had finally found someone like him, who could get things out of dreams, but as I was rereading it I found very ..."

yeah, Kavinsky wants to be with Ronan but Ronan doesn't want to be with him. The ending is...


Brianna We don't actually know Kavinsky's sexuality because he never said what it was, but it's heavily implied that he had a crush on Ronan.


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

It was never mentioned probably because it wasn't really pertinent to the story. Sometimes it plays a role in the story arc, and sometimes not. In that case, why get sidetracked?


Rachel  Matthews I also feel that Ronan did sort of like Kavinsky...or was at least attracted to him. But ultimately, Ronan wants Adam and his loyalties are with Gansey.


prag ♻ Brianna wrote: "We don't actually know Kavinsky's sexuality because he never said what it was, but it's heavily implied that he had a crush on Ronan."

Yeah, I agree. He definitely did, but Ronan was never interested (read: Adam Parrish)


Stephanie I get the feeling Ronan is in love with Gansey. I don't know why but I have been feeling this way for awhile now. It was Kavinsky that led me to believe that Ronan could possibly be gay.


prag ♻ Stephanie wrote: "I get the feeling Ronan is in love with Gansey. I don't know why but I have been feeling this way for awhile now. It was Kavinsky that led me to believe that Ronan could possibly be gay."

WHAT? Didn't you read the last part of Dream Thieves, where Ronan says (view spoiler)

**DON'T READ THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T**


Stephanie yeah I read DT but maybe I missed something. Dagnabit now im gonna have to go back and reread it. fml


back to top