YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Soundless by Richelle Mead - Restarting August 1st 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments For as long as Fei can remember, there has been no sound in her village, where rocky terrain and frequent avalanches prevent residents from self-sustaining. Fei and her people are at the mercy of a zipline that carries food up the treacherous cliffs from Beiguo, a mysterious faraway kingdom.

When villagers begin to lose their sight, deliveries from the zipline shrink and many go hungry. Fei’s home, the people she loves, and her entire existence is plunged into crisis, under threat of darkness and starvation.

But soon Fei is awoken in the night by a searing noise, and sound becomes her weapon.

Richelle Mead takes readers on a triumphant journey from the peak of Fei’s jagged mountain village to the valley of Beiugo, where a startling truth and an unlikely romance will change her life forever...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Christina and I will be reading this starting tomorrow, November 27th.
Everyone, feel free to join us! :)

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Anything new by Richelle Mead = auto read :D

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments The same goes for me (although I still have to read her adult series :/ )

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments I haven't either haha!

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 6. (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Christina wrote: "Chapter 6. [spoilers removed]"

I am also curious about how this story's gonna progress, (view spoiler)

LET's be honest, this is a very compllicated story to tell. I give Richelle she had an unique idea and courage to do it.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 8
(view spoiler)

message 8: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Can I join in here?

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments CallMeSensei wrote: "Can I join in here?"

Of course you can!!

I am still on chapter 7 but plan to read until I fall asleep, but I'll start only after Wladimir Klitchko match is over.

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Yes, please join ;)

Chapter 10
(view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Christina wrote: "Chapter 8
..."

Can you imagine what happen if (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Christina wrote: "Yes, please join ;)

Chapter 10
[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I hope we'll get answers about (view spoiler)

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 14
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 17
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Ending
(view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Sorry for being so late.
I finished it finally.
I liked the end, but tbh I wasn't a fan of the story.
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 14th of January 2016.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 18: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3133 comments I'd like to join you!

message 19: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments End of chapter 5
(view spoiler)

message 20: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments End of chapter 11
(view spoiler)

message 21: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments End chapter 16
(view spoiler)

message 22: by Noella (new)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 23: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Sorry, sorry! My book came late in the post~ then I wasn't here to receive it - it was a mess.

20%
(view spoiler)

40%
(view spoiler)

message 24: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments 60%
(view spoiler)

message 25: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments 65%
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments 80%
(view spoiler)

message 27: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments 100%
(view spoiler)

message 28: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 3133 comments I agree with you both that the book was fairly boring. Things really went by so slowly. I was hoping that things would speed up and things would get good, but they didn't...at least for me. Victoria, I also agree with you about the fantasy aspect. This was barely a fantasy book in my opinion. I felt like I was reading a historical fiction book until the last few chapters. I was expecting to me immersed in a fabulous fantasy story that engulfed me with Chinese mythology, but I didn't get that sadly. The one thing that I did like was the relationship between Fei and Li Wei. There was hardly any romance and that irked me a bit, but they clearly had a deep friendship that blossomed into more. I wish that Mead would have explored it more in the book.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments I think I'm going to start this now :-)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments This definitely has a dystopian feel to it, I'm not getting fantasy at all. So far so good, very interesting.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Finished, it was quick, but not exactly an exciting read to be completely honest

message 33: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Chapter 3: (view spoiler)

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Chapter 9: (view spoiler)

message 35: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments I'd like to join this buddy read.. so excited to read something new for Richelle Mead..

Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

message 38: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Cami wrote: "Chapter 14: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Chapter 17: (view spoiler)

message 40: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Ashley wrote: "Cami wrote: "Chapter 14: [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]

Chapter 17: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Ending (view spoiler)

message 44: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Cami wrote: "Chapter 14: [spoilers removed]"

I had the feeling, while reading, that they (view spoiler) Anyways, that was my impression, or at least my mind's justification for their insta-love XD

message 45: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Ending [spoiler...."

Yeah, the (view spoiler)... I was like, wait, what? It made me feel that Rachel Meade had to hit a deadline for the ending couple chapters and this was what she came up with on short notice...

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments They grew up together.

message 47: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Cami wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Cami wrote: "Chapter 14: [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]

Chapter 17: [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Agreed. It was lacking a lot of detail and there was NO Chinese folklore .. as someone who has been to China I feel like this story could have easily taken place on the side of any mountain in a second or third world country ... heck, even up real high atop a remote mountain in a first world country! LOL. Very disappointing.

message 48: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Feb 22, 2016 08:38PM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Vanessa wrote: "I agree with you both that the book was fairly boring. Things really went by so slowly. I was hoping that things would speed up and things would get good, but they didn't...at least for me. Victori..."

I agree, although I did find the book to be a quick read... I wanted more world building SO desperately. I would even trade in more character building as some of you have complained about the lack of, for more world building. Chinese folklore has so much potential for beauty!! This is my first Rachel Meade book so I can't compare it to her other work.

message 49: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from May 18th 2016

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 50: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 6050 comments I love stories like this... I read the vampire Academy by this author and really liked it...

« previous 1