Fantasy Novel addicts discussion

Real book or ebook or both?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by El (new)

El Amethyst (elamethyst) | 27 comments Mod
How do you read your books.. real book ebook or both?

message 2: by El (new)

El Amethyst (elamethyst) | 27 comments Mod
according to bbc I am in a minority... I must have the real book there is something special about having a personal physical library of books that Ive read... but I also own a kindle which I use when out and about...
it does drive me nuts that I need to purchase both but hopefully at some point soon amazon might fix that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-...

message 3: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (weelasswithabook) I've had e-readers in the past but 1. I'm a nightmare with technology and everything seems to get broken lol. 2. There's something extra special about actually holding a book in your hands reading it. Plus the smell of new books is heavenly.

message 4: by Jacqui (new)

Jacqui Stennings | 2 comments All of the above for me. And audio books too. I don't care what shape, size or type. I just love to read

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Campbell (scrappyreadermum) | 4 comments I only read ebook when I can't get it in real copy. Technology is taking over everything else so I like to hold the real thing

message 6: by Gloria (new)

Gloria (glory_93) | 3 comments I prefer Paper and Electronics. Real books, the smell and touch the paper is special. I only reed with electronics maybe the first chapters to realize if I will like the book or if a friend send me the novel that is writing.

message 7: by Marianne (new)

Marianne Curley (mariannetherese) | 3 comments I love the feel of paper in my hands and a paperback is my ideal way to read. I enjoy flipping to the front and back covers while I read sometimes and keeping the book on my shelf to see as I walk past gives me that sense of being in the book again. But now I have so many books that I've had to resort to baskets and boxes and just keeping my ultra-favs on the shelves. So there definitely is a place for electronic books in my life these days. The one big plus I love about electronic books is the space it saves and I can read in bed with the lights off. I think there is a place in my reading life for both.