Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
This topic is about The Young Elites
Book of the Month Archives > December 2015-The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Nov 26, 2015 02:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
I have been meaning to read this. I was so excited to get this and with The Rose Society out now I really need to get on this ball. I hope everyone enjoys the book.

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 17 comments This series has my all time favorite female character, Adelina.

Okay I am slacking I have not even started this yet. lol

Alyssa Accordino | 1 comments Enzo is a very interesting character. But right now he has an internal conflict on whether or not he should let Adelina go on a mission or not because she still needs to work on her powers even though she is getting better. This conflict is not a major one but it is still a conflict. Another internal conflict he has is what to do to gain the throne back. Enzo has to keep coming up with ideas to do this and it is stressing. Enzo has more than one internal conflict which makes his life more annoying and stressful.What is your opinion? Are these bad conflicts? Are their any other conflicts that I missed for Enzo?

Rachel I. Just reread and liked it just as much as the first time(: Adelina is one of my favorite characters ever and the dark magic/setting is super interesting. And the ending is such a cliffhanger!

I am slowly reading it right now.

Rachel I. Took me a little while to get into it the first time, but I thought the middle and ending were really good

Rachel wrote: "Took me a little while to get into it the first time, but I thought the middle and ending were really good"

I just have a lot that is going on right now with Christmas being next week. Trying to get things together for my boys. I feel like I am running out of time with getting presents together. So I am pretty busy right now with the fact that my oldest is getting ready to be released for Winter Break. So that is the reason for the slow reading.

I am enjoying it however, it's pretty good to me with all the action towards the beginning.

I hope everyone is enjoying this book if you are reading it. I have currently stopped reading this so I can get Cress finished so that I may be able to read Winter before the new year.

So I read about a hundred pages in this book last night. I am going to spend my day today finishing listening to audible The Wicked Will Rise and then I hope to finish The Young Elites tomorrow and have Harry Potter done before the end of the year since the first Harry Potter is a book of the month this month. I am sure that I can finish them all before midnight on Thursday night. lol

But I have to say that I love Adelina. She is a great character who you can see is trying to grow in the book. Grow using her powers.

What her sister no way!

message 12: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
Aaron do you actually read any young adult books?

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I read this and loved this series, I liked it even more than her Legend trilogy!

I loved this book. I need to read the second one before the next book comes out. I got the second one as a Christmas present last year.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
The second one is amazing!!!

I am hoping to read it soon before the end of the year at least if not before the next book is set to release.